PDA

View Full Version : I am so proud of myself

ttistin
06-20-2004, 01:11 PM
I am currently on the Depo shot for Birth control.Everyone I have talked to about it has said it works, but it will make you gain weight. I talked to the dr about it and she said that yes it can cause you to feel more hungery, but you just have to watch what you eat. for instance instead of grabbing that bag of chips grap an apple. So I decided I would try it and see how it goes.

Well I since I got the shot {2 months ago} I have lost about 15 lbs :D :D :D

We {dh and I} have really changed what we eat, we do not drink soda anymore :eek: lol we have cut way back on our sweets, and what we do have is low fat low calorie stuff that I usually make. We eat lots of chicken lots of fruits and vegs. Just from doing this dh has lost like 20 lbs. I work out between 35 minutes to around an hour and 15 minutes a day 5-6 days a week. mixture of cardo and weight traiing {all at home}

I am so proud of myself for doing this. I have been over the 200 mark on the scale for so long and now I am able to see a "1" in that spot. It is so great. It sure is a confidence builder :) :D :) :)

picklepuss
06-20-2004, 01:26 PM
That's awesome!!! You have every right to be proud of yourself! :D

One thing I would NOT recommend is Norplant.I had it and it wreaked pure havoc on my body.This was 11 years ago and I still have major trouble from it to this day.I gained over 100 lbs and have heart problems now.

ttistin
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
That's awesome!!! You have every right to be proud of yourself! :D

One thing I would NOT recommend is Norplant.I had it and it wreaked pure havoc on my body.This was 11 years ago and I still have major trouble from it to this day.I gained over 100 lbs and have heart problems now.

Yea I had a friend that had this a few years ago, she hated it. I am not sure if she is having problems because of it now but I know she didnt use it for very long.

queenangie
06-20-2004, 02:21 PM
You go, girl! WTG!!!

Angel Lips
06-20-2004, 02:24 PM
great job..woohooo you go girl

nanajoanie
06-20-2004, 02:50 PM
I'm proud of you too :) And it's wonderful that hubby is joining you :) That's half the battle when you have a diet mate rather than one that fights it. :) :)

turbob
06-20-2004, 02:52 PM
That is SO GREAT! You should be really proud of yourself - I know how hard it must of been. Keep up the good work!

DivineMsDi
06-20-2004, 03:49 PM
I I have lost about 15 lbs :D :D :D

We {dh and I} have really changed what we eat, we do not drink soda anymore :eek: lol we have cut way back on our sweets, and what we do have is low fat low calorie stuff that I usually make. We eat lots of chicken lots of fruits and vegs. Just from doing this dh has lost like 20 lbs. I work out between 35 minutes to around an hour and 15 minutes a day 5-6 days a week. mixture of cardo and weight traiing {all at home}

I am so proud of myself for doing this. I have been over the 200 mark on the scale for so long and now I am able to see a "1" in that spot. It is so great. It sure is a confidence builder :) :D :) :)

YOU ROCK.....TTISTIN...you are doing it the RIGHT way....eat for life and exercise. All the diets and gimmicks in the world only work short term. I am so proud of you too, and you should be....:)

As for b/c....that is another reason I hate it (you want to EAT!!!!). I hated being on the pill, even for that short time because I was ravenous.

Keep up the great work. :D

ttistin
06-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Thank you so much guys. It is so much easier to eat and be healthy when dh is joining me in it and doesnt fight me about it like he used to before lol Now he is the one picking up foods in the store to read what is in it and stuff. I think he sees his parents and what they eat and drink and what it does to a body and the diffrence in eating healther. {all his parents eat is beef, pizza and fried stuff. THey drink nothing but coffee and pepsi} He says he can feel a diffrence in himself, he says he feels lighter lol But it is true.

Anyway enough with that book lol I now know why so many people are eating healthier and excersizing, it is better for you inside and out!

amysusi
06-21-2004, 06:19 AM
Yay for you :D

JWWB2000
06-21-2004, 06:29 AM
WTG!!! I am very proud of you and your hubby!! It really is much easier if the both of you do the meal change together!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

VALENA-)45
06-21-2004, 06:44 AM
To you and dh, congrats!!!!!!!!!!! i had the depo shot, it played with my hormons so bad that my ex called it legal homicide. i wanted to kill him the whole time i was on it. keep up the great work y'all are doing.!!!!!!

ocvachick
06-21-2004, 11:35 AM
That is great news!! Congrats!!

janelle
06-21-2004, 02:46 PM
WTG. Now how does one handle the menopause? Just gain, gain, gain. No shot doing this. Metabolism slow down. I guess it's the same thing you have done. Eat right and exercise.

One gets use to eating one way for so long and then, bam, the change hits and the metabolism goes haywire. :eek: