PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I got in the house????

nanajoanie
06-19-2004, 08:31 PM
All the kids and grandkidlettes were here today for a cookout. It was so hot with only ceiling fans in the house. So we opened the 3 doors and left them wide open. So now I about jumped thru the roof. A little toad jumped on my foot. It's so cute, about the size of a silver dollar. I'm not afraid of the toads but it startled me. At least it wasn't a snake :D

jaybird
06-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Cripes. I was certain you were going to say SNAKE!

nanajoanie
06-19-2004, 08:49 PM
A lot of small black hardshell beetles came in the house too. Anybody want to loan me a cat for a few hours ;) MEOW :D

jaybird
06-19-2004, 08:55 PM
Maybe the toad will eat the beetles?

bell_peaches
06-19-2004, 08:56 PM
I had the chills just reading the lead to your post lol. I would have bet money you were going to say a snake. Just thinking about it has me looking around.lol Better the toad than a snake. :eek: :D

bell_peaches
06-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Beetles yuk they can crawl on you. :eek: ok total grossed out mind running wild. Somebody please give her a cat for the night.

nanajoanie
06-19-2004, 09:03 PM
:eek: a beetle just got in my foot thong and pinched between my toes. Heck with the cat. Anybody got a room, a spare sofa, a closet where I can sleep tonight :D :D

kriskay
06-19-2004, 09:12 PM
I was thinking snake too. Glad it wasn't that!!! Beetles, yuck!! I didn't know they pinched, but even if they didn't, you can keep the beetles, and I will quit complaining about my ants.

bell_peaches
06-19-2004, 09:16 PM
I have an extra couch and a recliner. anytime anyday. no snakes or beetles here maybey a spider but I kill them right away

sivohdarba
06-20-2004, 05:28 AM
Awwww Nana! You always have the cutest nature stories! :)

tsquared
06-20-2004, 05:30 AM
Nana a snake would be much more fun than a toad anyday.. :eek:

Angel Lips
06-20-2004, 05:49 AM
Nana it didnt try to eat the kit kats now did it? lol well you can still borrow my cat if you need him or there is an extra room in the attic for you...its bug free and snake free here also. but you have to bring the kit kats to..if theres any left.

nanajoanie
06-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Awwww Nana! You always have the cutest nature stories! :)

I wish all the nature would stay outside. Maybe if I post a sign or put up a stop sign to keep them out. I did get the toad out. It kept hopping everywhere and I got my trusty boat oar and scooted it towards the door...and out it went. There are toads all over in the gardens and the brick walkway. I get crickets in the house, like the sound. But I don't like the fireflies. It's spooky when you turn the lights out and they glow in the bedroom. BOO! :D

MamaFairal
06-20-2004, 08:18 AM
fireflies would be cool..natures nightlight :D

nanajoanie
06-20-2004, 08:31 AM
fireflies would be cool..natures nightlight :D

At least they don't bite or pinch. I wash out my plastic mayo jars and the grandkidlettes catch them when they are here at night. They do the same thing with the ladybug invasion which will hit in about another month :) When the ladybugs arrive, you need to keep you mouth closed :eek: They fly everywhere. I like ladybugs, even have a beaded ladybug bracelet :) Ahhh - such is life in the country :D

brumzoo
06-20-2004, 08:47 AM
I'm jealous! I haven't seen a lightening bug in ages! I love ladybugs! I'm thinking of getting some to put in our yard to keep the bad bugs away from our plants!

Angel Lips
06-20-2004, 09:26 AM
At least they don't bite or pinch. I wash out my plastic mayo jars and the grandkidlettes catch them when they are here at night. They do the same thing with the ladybug invasion which will hit in about another month :) When the ladybugs arrive, you need to keep you mouth closed :eek: They fly everywhere. I like ladybugs, even have a beaded ladybug bracelet :) Ahhh - such is life in the country :D

Nana you know you love those snakes too...lol

Vanilla
06-20-2004, 02:20 PM
When a frog enters the house that is a sign of good luck!

nanajoanie
06-20-2004, 02:46 PM
When a frog enters the house that is a sign of good luck!

Maybe I should open the door after a rain at night more often. I wonder if the good luck is no more snakes in the house. I knew the little critter was in the living room but I never thought it would miscalculate and jump on my foot. Thanks for the cheery frog info :)

1tiredmom
06-20-2004, 09:25 PM
first thing i thought of was a mouse or cockroach!

janelle
06-20-2004, 10:32 PM
:eek: a beetle just got in my foot thong and pinched between my toes. Heck with the cat. Anybody got a room, a spare sofa, a closet where I can sleep tonight :D :D

Nana--you and I are around the same age and those things were called "Thongs" in our day but now they are called "Flip Flops", just like the sound they make when you walk in them.

"Thongs" are now those itsy bitsy panties the girls wear. Why they wear them as panties I don't know since they are as far away from being panties and a cotton ball is. LOL

Anyway, I'm glad you didn't mean the thong panties and the beetle bit you there. Thud. :eek:

Don't snakes eat toads? Maybe one will come in after the toads. Thud. :eek:

nanajoanie
06-21-2004, 08:54 AM
No snake better try to come in to eat toads :rolleyes: I'll have to let adult deer in to get the snake. I saw a doe eating apples from the apple tree last night. I watch from the bathroom window and it's only a few feet away. We also have a young male that is usually with her and he is just starting to get horns. So see, all the critters around here aren't scary or yukky :D

And Janelle, thanks for the the explanation between thongs and flip flops ;) Guess I'll have to quit saying let me put my thongs on before we go outside :D :D The guys in the family might blush :D

janelle
06-21-2004, 01:58 PM
That's for sure Nana. I wish they would stop renameing things. The split skirt has had the most names. Culottes, split skirt, etc, etc, and now it's the skort, for skirt and shorts I guess.

And I even say thongs for hubby's flip flops. That just isn't right. Insert smilie face here since the smilies aren't working right now.