PDA

View Full Version : Bruises-Help!

Lori63
06-18-2004, 06:58 AM
I bruise very easily (plus I'm a klutz), and right now my legs look like someone beat me. Is there anything I can do to make bruises heal faster? TIA. :)

sahmsfreeb
06-18-2004, 07:10 AM
I hear that new leg makeup is ok for covering up the legs....

sorry i wish i could help more...

Willow
06-18-2004, 07:37 AM
There is a cream that you can get that is called Rub Out. I've used it and it does make the bruises go away faster. I bruise very easily too.

msshannon
06-18-2004, 07:40 AM
Banana peels, believe it or not! My mom-in-law tapes banana peels to her bruises overnight or she sits with them on during the day. I've seen the results and this DOES work!! :D

DivineMsDi
06-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Try putting ice on the sites you want to heal...it helps promote blood in the area...I got this tip from someone on BBS when some dopey tech did not take my blood correctly and I wound up with the mother of all bruises.

Lori63
06-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Thanks-I'll try the ice and banana peel. If they don't work I'll have to buy something.

aneisu
06-18-2004, 09:21 AM
Arnica as a cream works really well. Also add vitamin C to your diet, that will help your body resist bruising and heal faster.

BigLyd1
06-18-2004, 09:24 AM
One of my doctors recommended Vitamin K, since he sees me with bruises so much of the time. I'm just clumsy.

mommyx2
06-18-2004, 09:26 AM
Arnica as a cream works really well. Also add vitamin C to your diet, that will help your body resist bruising and heal faster.

Yes, Arnica cream DOES work! Also you can buy Arnica in chewable pill form, it doesn't taste too bad. Arnica is what I use ALL the time for my son. He is a walking accident and always has bruises up and down his legs.

justme23
06-18-2004, 09:43 AM
Rub the bruises w/ your fingers... I know that sounds silly... why hurt them even more... but it really does speed up the process... All that's happening w/ a healing bruise is the blood being reabsorbed by your body. Rubbing it helps this go faster for some reason.

DOOFIS
06-18-2004, 09:47 AM
Guess I should go buy a ton of banannas and make my son a bananna peel suit. I was washing him up and thought I was trying to scrub dirt off of him but it was just a bunch of bruises on his legs and arms. poor kid

girlwithsoul
06-18-2004, 02:29 PM
DERMABLEND!!!!

This make up is WONDERFUL!!!! My knees bruise so easily and I do musicals with lots of dancing a lot and always bruise up my knees. I slap some Dermablend on the area and no one can tell. It's GREAT!!!! :D