PDA

View Full Version : I want to sleep!

dianenjeff
06-17-2004, 09:58 PM
For about a month now, I am having problems falling asleep. I just can't sleep till about 3 am! I tried taking sleeping pills a couple times, but when I take them I end up sleeping in the next morning. Does anyone have any suggestions or anything that will make you sleep? Please!

Angel~Chihuahua
06-17-2004, 10:11 PM
have you tried alluna sleep? its herbal, i love it. i cant use prescription sleep meds for insomnia because i hallucinate when i take them. but i found alluna and it works great, its all herbal, and it wont make you feel groggy when you wake up in the morning.

dianenjeff
06-17-2004, 10:18 PM
have you tried alluna sleep? its herbal, i love it. i cant use prescription sleep meds for insomnia because i hallucinate when i take them. but i found alluna and it works great, its all herbal, and it wont make you feel groggy when you wake up in the morning.
When you used sleep meds did you hear things that really weren't there? Is that what you mean by hallucinating? Because the few times I took them I kept hearing people talk but no one was around! The weren't prescription ones, just over the counter. But, it freaked me out.

DivineMsDi
06-18-2004, 04:20 AM
Cut out anything with caffiene...soda, coffee, tea whatever. Try to exercise in the day but not too late.

Are you worrying about something? Are you ill? Both will rob you of your sleep. Go to bed when you feel tired. Even if it means staying up late a few nights.

And my all time cure for insomnia....pull an all nighter...I mean it. If you can, stay up all night and the next day....don't nap. That night you will sleep!!! Good luck!

Angel Lips
06-18-2004, 07:46 AM
I hope that you got some sleep

Willow
06-18-2004, 07:56 AM
I have trouble sleeping too so my doctor gave a me a prescription for Trazodone. He said that it's used as an anti depressant but it makes most people tired so it's prescribed for insomnia too. He also told me about an over the counter sleep aid called Melatonin and said it's even safe enough for children to use. I was told to go to bed and wake up at the same time everyday. I do wake up at the same time everyday but on the weekends I stay up a lot later at night which doesn't help. lol

Kelsey1224
06-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Try Tylenol PM. It helps take away the little aches and pains that can keep you from falling asleep.

Also...if you are taking a sleeping pill...take it at least one hour before you want to fall asleep. Most times people take them way too late and then end up groggy in the morning.

Another suggestion from the pharmacists in my family (we have 3 of them in our family)...take over-the-counter benedryl. My son recently got married and was having trouble falling asleep. He wasn't used to sleeping with someone and was afraid that he would disturb his new bride.

It was suggested that he take the benedryl for 4-7 nights, then stop. That's exactly what he did and he is now sleeping just fine! The purpose of taking it for 4-7 nights was that it would help him establish a pattern of falling asleep. After that...the body would just take over and be able to do it naturally.

Good luck! (I've been having problems falling asleep myself this past week...so it's a sleeping pill for me tonight. I get up at 4:30 a.m. so couldn't do it this week...but I can definitely sleep in tomorrow.)

ang in NC
06-18-2004, 11:09 AM
I feel for you! Excercise. Sometimes depression will do it to you. It did it to me. I will pray you sleep.