PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Me This All You BBSER's.........

tsquared
06-16-2004, 10:16 AM
Why do cheese curds squeek when you eat them????????????

BigLyd1
06-16-2004, 10:20 AM
What's a cheese curd?

DAVESBABYDOLL
06-16-2004, 10:23 AM
What's a cheese curd?

That's what I was thinking lol He also said a new one last night, "chokebutt" anyone heard of it? :D

tsquared
06-16-2004, 10:25 AM
What's a cheese curd?
Lydia you have never had cheese curds?????????? No way........ they are pasturized milk' cheese culture, salt , calcium chloride and enzyes........
if ya ever seen em made,,,,,,,,lol youll run.........they use whey and it is some gross stuff.........
but they do squeek and are they mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm good :D

tsquared
06-16-2004, 10:27 AM
That's what I was thinking lol He also said a new one last night, "chokebutt" anyone heard of it? :D
I told you Sheila my grandma called it chokebutt cause that is exactly what happens when you eat way too much :eek:

BigLyd1
06-16-2004, 10:34 AM
Lydia you have never had cheese curds?????????? No way........ they are pasturized milk' cheese culture, salt , calcium chloride and enzyes........
if ya ever seen em made,,,,,,,,lol youll run.........they use whey and it is some gross stuff.........
but they do squeek and are they mmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm good :D

Uh, that's okay, I think I'll pass.

tsquared
06-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Uh, that's okay, I think I'll pass.
LOL now Lydia it really is good stuff...............

Calla Lily
06-16-2004, 10:55 AM
I have never heard of these either, until they started selling them at A & W restaurants. My daughter wanted some, so we tried them. They taste really good, but they aren't very healthy. :p Lol! These kind are basically deep fried Wisconsin cheese. I think you aren't referring to this kind though. :confused:

socks1211
06-16-2004, 11:34 AM
i would like to find cheese curds

and boy r they good i havent had them in years

Technologist
06-16-2004, 11:44 AM
''The cheese connoisseur wants curds fresh, right out of the vat,'' Beu said. They want curds that squeak when chewed -- a sign of freshness.

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/110201/ala_110201ala0pm0110001.shtml

***Ask, and I answer (or findjeeves / google it)!!!!***
http://web.ask.com/web?q=Why+do+cheese+curds+squeak+when+you+eat+them&o=0&qsrc=0

halvarado
06-16-2004, 11:55 AM
i saw cottage cheese made when i was in fifth grade and refused to eat it for years and years. bleck!
i know in little house on the prairie books they eat the squeeky cheese curds. it was what was left on the cheese cloth after straining. no idea why they squeek though :confused:

nanajoanie
06-16-2004, 12:12 PM
I usually eat cottage cheese about 2-3 times a week. But now I'm not sure I want anymore after this post. T maybe the sqeek comes when the inside of your cheeks slap against the chunks :D :D :D

catdance
06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
I think it is because the are techinically dried in the process, these are left over chunks from real cheese chunks, waste not want not..that idea, but we eat them alot here and it "squeaks", you are right "T", I think that really is the way and they are packaged as pieces versus chunks, so I think something has to perserve them, not to mold quickly..that is my take on it..
I MIGHT BE WRONG!!!! Who knows but it get's my 3 a day in, at any rate..

sharinbo
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
I don't know but yummmmm I love em. I like the unhealthy deep fried cheeses, too, but I love the fresh out of the bag kind best. Gee, thanks T, now I'm craving some!

kriskay
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
I want some Cheese curds that squeak when you eat them!!!!!!! When we were little and ate them they always did. Now in Minnesota and this side of Wisconsin if you buy them they don't squeak and they aren't near as good!!!! I wonder what they changed???????

Dolly<3
06-16-2004, 03:58 PM
:eek:

Yuuuuck! I was thinking of cottage cheese.