PDA

View Full Version : Can i get some advice please?

bribella
06-15-2004, 10:30 AM
We are moving to WA at the end of july , roughly 6 wks from now. Money is going to be tight because DH job out here isn't doing too well. We are going to have to try to sell DH's truck before we leave. Mainly because we don't have a way to get it to WA and we would probably spend more on gas than the truck is worth! LOL

So we paid $1500.00 for a 1986(It's almost ancient!) Ford F-150 4x4. Its has 70,000 miles on a rebuilt engine and its got some rust and a couple minor things wrong .....There is something wrong with the pump to the windshield cleaner thingy and the radio doesn't work so hot. We know we probably won't get even close to what we paid for it but we are hoping to get at least $7-800.00 for it.

We have only sold a car 1 other time and it ended up being to a neighbor so it was easy. Whats the best way to try to sell a vehicle quickly(if that's possible) ? Do you think we are asking too much?

krisharry
06-15-2004, 10:36 AM
You can go to kbb.com and find out the blue book value for that vehicle. It will ask for specifics on the truck. Then you can get a better idea of what to ask for it. I would try to run an ad in the local paper for a w/end and also put a for sale sign in the window of it. Good luck on the move and selling the truck.

bribella
06-15-2004, 10:43 AM
I did that and out that it was in fair condition because it runs great and they told me the private party value is $1480.

unicorn9149
06-15-2004, 10:54 AM
I did that and out that it was in fair condition because it runs great and they told me the private party value is $1480.
List it for $900. People always try to talk you down, so if you tell them you'll take a $100 off they will think they are getting it for a steal and you'll get what you want.

What part of WA?

bribella
06-15-2004, 10:57 AM
What part of WA?

In the Gig Harbor~Bremerton area.