PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah Diet: Genesis 1:29

Jolie Rouge
06-13-2004, 05:48 PM
The Lord gave us everything we need in the Garden of Eden: fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds. Is the Hallelujah diet God's weight loss plan?

http://cdn-channels.netscape.com/cp/fte/hallelujahdiet/i/hallelujahdiet135.jpg

One thing you can say about the Hallelujah Diet is the instructions are easy. It's all in one sentence found in the Bible's Book of Genesis. Chapter 1, verse 29 to be exact: "And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit; you shall have them for food.'"

That, in a nutshell, is the basis of the new Hallelujah Diet from preacher-turned-diet adviser George Malkmus. And while the instructions may be easy, this is one tough diet to follow. Only true believers need apply.

"The Lord gave us everything we need in the Garden of Eden: fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds," Malkmus told The Associated Press in an interview from his office in North Carolina, which is appropriately named Hallelujah Acres. "That's why we call the way we eat the 'Hallelujah Diet.' We celebrate its true creator."

Here's what you can and can't eat on the Halleluiah Diet:

All animal products are banned, including meat and dairy. There is one exception to this rule: honey is allowed.

All fruits and vegetables are allowed.

80 percent of what you eat must be raw.

There's just one problem:

It turns out the Hallelujah Diet is deficient in vitamin B-12. "This shocked me, that God's perfect eating plan could have a flaw," Malkmus admitted. "But we realized that fruits and vegetables back then were more nutritious because of the topsoil."

If that doesn't suit you, there's another biblical diet called the Maker's Diet from Jordan S. Rubin, a Messianic Jew who describes himself as a "biblical health coach." Based on the Old Testament's Book of Leviticus, the Maker's Diet promotes certain meat and dairy products and warns against an all-raw, vegan regimen--the exact foods in the Hallelujah Diet.

"The healthiest diet is to consume meats, poultry, dairy, fruits, and vegetables and to consume them in a form the body was designed for," Rubin explained to AP reporter Holly Hickman. He believes that form is their most organic and least-processed, including non-pasteurized dairy products. Got milk? Then it needs to be raw, consumed as a yogurt drink derived from fermented milk.

Not everyone agrees. "I am just thinking of the safety of having unprocessed dairy products. From a public health perspective, it's undoable," Elisabetta Politi, nutrition manager at Duke University's Diet and Fitness Center in Durham, N.C., told AP about the prospect of drinking raw milk. "It's an extreme going back to an agriculture society that we are no longer."

Others are worried about unsuspecting believers being duped by diets that are little more than a gimmick and not based on sound science. While Politi would like to see more of us eating a healthy diet, she told AP, "I don't think it has to be confused with God."

"But we realized that fruits and vegetables back then were more nutritious because of the topsoil."

:confused: And we arrived at that conclusion ... how ?? :confused:

What do ya'll think of these "Bible based" diet plans ?

Willow
06-13-2004, 05:58 PM
I think the best way is to eat a balanced diet that includes all of the food groups.

moondancer
06-13-2004, 09:21 PM
veggie here!!! :D

justme23
06-14-2004, 01:14 AM
I think that conclusion is rather easy to come by... considering there were very few toxins in the air/water/soil compared to todays bustling world/industries.

I don't think I could ever be all vegan... but hey, if it works for ya, it works for ya.

Jolie Rouge
06-14-2004, 10:41 AM
I think that conclusion is rather easy to come by... considering there were very few toxins in the air/water/soil compared to todays bustling world/industries.

What the article says is the diet is short on vitamin B-12. The mans response is the difference in the topsoil :confused:

freeby4me
06-14-2004, 10:49 AM
Ummmm............OK! Im gonna just back on outta here LOL :)