PDA

View Full Version : senior pics.

Dizzyontheweb
06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Last week my dd went to the school to have her sr pics taken. I joined her after I got off work at her request. When I got there I noticed one of her eyes was red. It seems because the photographery studio papers said they could bring props and one of the girls brought her large fluffy cat. Problem is dd is allergic. She was able to stay far enough away so her breathing was not affected. If she had left, she would not have been able to make the pics up. There were poses with cap and gown, the senior drape, and 2 clothing changes. About six backgrounds in all. I wrote a letter through planetfeedback to the company stating the problem. The request I made was not for free photos, but for them to make sure the pics were touched up if the redness was showing, and advise they might want to rethink that policy.
Some writers blasted me saying i should contacted the school instead. No one from the school was there that we saw. School has been out for summer since around May 6th. I wanted to nip any problem in the bud.
Was I wrong?

justinenycole26
06-12-2004, 04:47 PM
Was I wrong?

NO! The photographers are contractors, not school employees. The school really had nothing to do with it.

And a cat is a pet, not a prop! Why would one assume that they could bring a pet on school property???

I hope her pics turn out OK.

Dizzyontheweb
06-13-2004, 08:36 AM
thanks. I just needed the support I guess. A funny thing is dd had mentioned she wished she could take her chihuhua and i said no due to other people.

VALENA-)45
06-13-2004, 12:42 PM
no, you were not wrong on both accounts. you did and said the right things.

maudy
06-13-2004, 02:00 PM
Would there be a chance for her to have retakes ?

Angelseyes28
06-13-2004, 03:30 PM
If the pics turn out bad, ask for a refund. Take your daughter to Olan Mills. They take GREAT senior pics and are alot cheaper(at least they are here).

Dizzyontheweb
06-14-2004, 04:38 AM
If they do retakes, I have heard, that they will not do all the poses and backgrounds. They have to have them done by this company to be in the yearbook. They told me that they had 65 guys scheduled the day before, (guys 1 day, the girls the next) and only 30 showed and that they would not have the options when made up.

Kelsey1224
06-16-2004, 11:12 AM
I don't think you were wrong. These are your daughter's pictures as well and they don't come cheaply. Senior pix are very expensive!

I hope they turn out okay...but I think it would be a reasonable policy for the photographers to say, "No pets". Unless they come out to an individuals house, you can bet that there will be people with allergies who will be affected by the animal's presence.

Dolly<3
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Don't worry. People on Planet Feedback are quick to judge and criticize. I don't think you did anything wrong. Even if her eye wasn't red when they took the pictures, people shouldn't be allowed to bring their pets - or they should have a separate area for people with animals.

Dizzyontheweb
06-17-2004, 09:38 AM
Thanks all. As ususal, everyone here made me feel better. :p

belcherpi
06-17-2004, 10:46 AM
I don't think you were wrong. My son is allergic to cats and if I was in your shoes I would have been very upset. Senior pictures are too expensive and a pet should have never been brought.

BabyDolla
06-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Sorry for your problem and I pray things work out. My DD had hers done at KidsShot because the school's pictures were horrible and very expensive. I wish I had heard of KidsShots when my son graduated 2 yrs ago.

Oh yeah, thanks for talking about planetfeedback. I forgot about this site.

mommyx2
06-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Was I wrong?

Of COURSE you aren't wrong! I would go to the studio MYSELF IN PERSON! They would NOT be happy with me after a response like that. I think that you handled it exactly as it should have been handled, and their response was way out of line!