PDA

View Full Version : Good way to help deployed Military Overseas

aimefisher
06-11-2004, 05:01 PM
Cell Phones for Soldiers was created by two teenagers, 13 year old Brittany Bergquist and her brother, 12 year old Robbie Bergquist of Norwell Massachusetts. After reading a story about a soldier who ran up a huge phone bill calling home, the two teenagers decided to try and help. Their goal is to try and help our soldiers serving in Iraq and elswhere pay for calls home. They plan to provide as many soldiers as possible with pre-paid cell phones or calling cards. The South Shore Savings Bank in Norwell, Massachusetts set up the account and donated the first $500.00. Brittany and Robbie plan to hold yard sales and other fundraisers to raise money. 100 % of every dollar donated will go to support this effort. Their parents, Bob & Gail Bergquist, are contacting cell phone companies to help out. They are also contacting representatives of the military to put a plan in place to distribute the cell phones and calling cards. They hope to begin the distribution by the Fourth of July.

http://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/pages/1/index.htm

nanajoanie
06-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Absolutely fantastic :) Thanks a million time for this post :) Passing it on to all the family and friends :)

aimefisher
06-11-2004, 07:27 PM
We are military so I can understand what it's like to now have contact for a long time. I have changed my signature to include this site.