PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys do it?

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 08:16 AM
I can't get my house cleaned. I spent 2 1/2 hours on here this morning they spent 1/2 hour cleaning my bathroom and now I am back again. And I am supposed to have this done and have taken a shower by 3 today and her it is already 11:15. I'm never going to get it done.

ahippiechic
06-11-2004, 08:22 AM
I don't, LOL! DH does it for me! :D

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 08:33 AM
Lucky! Maybe I can bribe my son to do it. No it would be worse after he was done. I just have to hire a maid.

DivineMsDi
06-11-2004, 08:34 AM
I have decided cleaning the house is a never ending chore! You start in one room and by the time you finish the last the first room is messed up again. You can be a slave to your home and I refuse to do it! Every day I have a routine...sort of. I clean my kitchen (meaning I fill and run the dishwasher or empty then fill it), wipe up the kitchen from spills, empty the bathroom and kitchen garbage, sweep or (more rarely) mop. I clean up after the bird all day (vacuuming) and by the time I have vacuumed, my son come home and gets crumbs all over...I must vacuum or sweep up 5 or 6 times a day...

I wipe down the b/room every day and clean it well 1 or 2 times a week....still it looks like it never gets done.

I make the beds the first thing in the morning, get my laundry started once my son's bus is gone (7:30ish). Now my mom has "retired" and I can't really get my laundry done when I want. :(

Some days I do the bare minimum..It is basically discouraging..and I feel like my brain is rotting away doing "housework". I also hate living in places that always look dirty, no matter what you do....

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 08:54 AM
I started doing the flylady and although I had my reservations and thought I'd be cleaning 24/7, it worked really well! I have been doing it for about 7 months now and it seems like my house is a lot cleaner and I actually spend a lot less time cleaning. :)

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 08:55 AM
ok buttrfli how is this done?

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 08:58 AM
ok buttrfli how is this done?

www.flylady.net

It seems overwhelming at first, but if I can do it, so can you! Even on my "lazy" days (which I have about 6 a week lol) its still really easy. :D

Tasha405
06-11-2004, 09:21 AM
I start my laundry first thing in the morning (after I get a cup of coffee) then I clean up the kitchen and living room. The living room is just junked up with toys so that only takes a few minutes. After I get the kids fed and everything, I come on here and look around for a while. When I get off of here I start on the bathroom and my bedroom. I usually make the boys clean their room but I always end up in there picking up things they left. I continue my laundry, do the dishes and when I'm done I come back on here or watch a little bit of TV. During all of this I take breaks for my kids (getting them something to eat, drink or change diapers & also play). My 3 yr old likes to help out too so he usually packs any dirty clothes to the hamper if I find any while cleaning the other rooms. I feel like I go at least 20 hours a day. LOL I do get tired at times and if I do a good cleaning on the weekends I don't have much to do through the week but that only gets to happen every once in a while. lol

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking this fly lady thing looks fun. I love to get rid of stuff. of course I love to buy stuff to so I never end up with less stuff.

flute
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Well, I did a weekly cleaning challenge, and according to the challenge the entire inside of my house has been cleaned.
I've made wonderful strides, you can see the floor in the closet here in the PC room now! :D
Now, I'm just kinda, whatever whenever. I do the cat litter at least once a day. ((Meaning I use the scooper, and shake out the rugs in there and use the sponge to get the rest of the cat litter off the floor)) If I don't..well when we went camping friday - monday OMG i couldn't stand it!

I've gotten to where I run my vacuum at least once a week. (even though I know you're supposed to vacuum once a day per time the carpet is walked on) and I've been tackling stains as soon as I can.
~got out some gum of the carpet last week~i did'nt even know it WAS gum lol

And, I don't know, I've been doing the laundry when it needs it & putting it up (except i've been lazy this week)

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 09:43 AM
I'm thinking this fly lady thing looks fun. I love to get rid of stuff. of course I love to buy stuff to so I never end up with less stuff.

You must be my long lost twin! I am the same way! Its a lot eaiser for me to throw stuff out than it is for DH, but I wait till hes out of town and go through everything ;)

Then I go to a thrift store or flea market and buy twice as much stuff as I threw out LOL :D

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 09:53 AM
ME TOO! I love to go to thrift shops and flea markets and I was just looking at the list of yard sales for tomorrow. So what ever I get rid of today I will be buying twice as much tomorrow.

janelle
06-11-2004, 10:32 AM
If you do fly lady be careful. She fills up your inbox with lots of emails and then you spend time deleting. Just go to the site and read the tips but don't sign up.

Try to find the easiest way to clean. Like I got a small stick broom that runs on batteries and use that mostly to vacuum. The big vacuum hurts my shoulders and is hard to take out and put away. Use the big one once a month or so and the stick one the most.

schsa
06-11-2004, 10:42 AM
I do one room a day. Since I work full time and spend alot of time commuting back and forth to work I don't have tons of time and my weekends are spend running errands and trying to get ready to go back to work. But I do one room every evening. It seems to take alot less time when I do it that way. And I make a point of picking stuff up as I go from every room but the kitchen.

Of course you start again at the begining of each week but it seems to take less time over all. And I do laundry Thursday and Friday nights. It just seems to work for me.

caides_mom
06-11-2004, 10:46 AM
i have to say i have the dyson animal(yes it does cost alittle more) but i love it! the first tiem i used it i thought this is a joke, they had a dirty pack hidden in there somewhere! i could not believe how much my noover had left behind, i really love my dyson!

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 10:51 AM
i have to say i have the dyson animal(yes it does cost alittle more) but i love it! the first tiem i used it i thought this is a joke, they had a dirty pack hidden in there somewhere! i could not believe how much my noover had left behind, i really love my dyson!

I have NO idea what you are talking about, but if it makes cleaning eaiser, do share! :confused:

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I have NO idea what you are talking about, but if it makes cleaning eaiser, do share! :confused:

yes please share

Willow
06-11-2004, 11:00 AM
A Dyson is a vacuum cleaner.

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 11:05 AM
A Dyson is a vacuum cleaner.

ooohhhh now don't I feel stupid! LOL

I couldn'tfigure out for the life of me what she was talking about! My kids vacuum (they are still young enough to actually want to) so thats not on my chore list :D

Willow
06-11-2004, 11:06 AM
ooohhhh now don't I feel stupid! LOL

I couldn'tfigure out for the life of me what she was talking about! My kids vacuum (they are still young enough to actually want to) so thats not on my chore list :D

That's okay. lol I think they are fairly new over here but they have been around for a while in the U.K.

DOOFIS
06-11-2004, 11:07 AM
I had no idea what it was either

amysusi
06-11-2004, 11:13 AM
If you do fly lady be careful. She fills up your inbox with lots of emails and then you spend time deleting. Just go to the site and read the tips but don't sign up.

All the emails got to be a hassle, but she has them set up in a way you only really have to read the subject line of most of them. I just switched to the digest mode - it has all the reminders and stuff in one email a day.

Willow
06-11-2004, 11:20 AM
I had no idea what it was either

I think the cheapest model starts off at $400.

Angel~Chihuahua
06-11-2004, 11:22 AM
well i make a cleaning list. i have a clipboard with paper on it and i'll make a list of what needs to be done, i'll do it room by room, then underneath the room title i write what needs to be done in that room, then i go and do it room by room. kind of like a goal list except for cleaning. Before i did that i admit i was lazy and didnt want to clean and always did a real crappy job, but now that ive started doing that after i'm done i can look and see what i've acheived and feel good about myself.

Thawn
06-11-2004, 12:22 PM
It is hard staying on top of the housework. I work a 40 hour week. I feel you GOTTA feed the family but the housework just gets a lick & a polish. Luckily the 3 kids are getting bigger & have daily chores. It's still overwhelming though! :)

babymaniac
06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
I started doing the flylady and although I had my reservations and thought I'd be cleaning 24/7, it worked really well! I have been doing it for about 7 months now and it seems like my house is a lot cleaner and I actually spend a lot less time cleaning. :)

Thanks , I am going to try this. :)

bell_peaches
06-11-2004, 02:47 PM
I have a sign in my house it says my house is clean enough to be healthy and diry enough to be happy. :D