PDA

View Full Version : South Beach tan

keoka3
06-10-2004, 12:36 PM
My blonde DIL, ordered some tanning things from this company, the wipes, she saw it on tv and ordered it on line, she is new to the internet, but anyway, she used her debt card. the next day some sweepstakes company calls her and all she has is a cell phone, how they got the number i will never know. but they sell her magazines that she won't read, "don't know how". She said she told them she didn't want them, but they told her they had her credit card number and expiration date, and was going to charge her 62.00 a month. By the time I got home and we got to the bank they had taken out 39.93 out of her account which they left 5.00 in, the phone number that was on her caller id when i called it said it had been disconnected, we got the number from the bank, when she called it they told her they didn't even have her in the computer yet and the money hadn't been taken out. the south beach tanning company didn't get their money cause they had the wrong date on the card. so has anyone else received anything from a sweepstakes company or anything, and i am not downing blondes, just she is one that does things she shouldn't. and the bank cut her her debt card so it can't be used again.

Tasha405
06-10-2004, 01:11 PM
My SIL ordered some magazines like that a few years ago and also used her debit card and they got almost $300 out of their account! I hope yall can get everything worked out.

justme23
06-10-2004, 01:57 PM
These websites (companies) share all kinds of info w/ other ppl... I bought a DVD online last week and they asked me if I wanted a coupon for the next time... well who doesn't want a coupon... turns out, you get the coupon by signing up for another site and the first site just GAVE them our CC #... I was HOT... I would NOT have agreed to this if it was actually written on the webpage!

MamaFairal
06-10-2004, 04:01 PM
OOh this makes me so glad i dont order online. :(

Sorry hope she gets her $$ back!