PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the free version of WeatherBug downloaded?

twinkiesmom
06-09-2004, 09:56 PM
I do. I heard some time ago that WeatherBug is spyware. Seems like a cpl weeks ago, I started getting hit w/pop ups and ads continuously. I run my adaware and my spybot every 15min and I'm constantly deleting tracking cookies. Has anybody else had this problem w/in the last cpl weeks? I'm wondering if it's the weatherbug I got. I've had it for over 2yrs, but just recently spyware on my system has been bad.

MsLynn
06-09-2004, 10:08 PM
I do. I heard some time ago that WeatherBug is spyware. Seems like a cpl weeks ago, I started getting hit w/pop ups and ads continuously. I run my adaware and my spybot every 15min and I'm constantly deleting tracking cookies. Has anybody else had this problem w/in the last cpl weeks? I'm wondering if it's the weatherbug I got. I've had it for over 2yrs, but just recently spyware on my system has been bad.

well we had to take it off our work computers because of the problems it gave us, and one completely crashed, and the guy that fixed it said it was a virus in the adware, but then i do know people that swear by weather bug and would never get rid of it

Unicornmom77
06-09-2004, 10:10 PM
We also had many problems with weatherbug, So now we use the Weather Channels version and NO MORE PROBLEMS!!

Here is the download page! http://www.weather.com/services/desktop.html?refer=homewxanywhereb&from=homewxanywhereb

bell_peaches
06-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Oh i had the weather bug. not any more so many problems. so many viruses. my ds wanted to get it again I started yelling when he said he was going to down load it. Had the computer repaired twice. but that is my experience. GOOD LUCK

kriskay
06-09-2004, 10:17 PM
I had the weatherbug a few years ago. I also had to get rid of it because of too many problems.

ahippiechic
06-10-2004, 07:31 AM
Weatherbug does contain spyware. I used to have it & had no problems with it working, just didn't want all that other junk on my PC. You can get a free weather program at www.weather.com that doesn't have all the spyware.

bribella
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
I have the free version of weatherbug and I don't seem to have too many problems with it. And I hardly ever get pop ups.

ahippiechic
06-10-2004, 08:22 AM
I think Weatherbug is considered "adware" instead of "spyware" or "malware", I still don't want that stuff on my PC. Adware is more than just pop ups.

Trishntx
06-10-2004, 08:46 AM
WEATHERBUG!!! I hate it, when we tried to delete off of our computer, it crashed the whole thing. Had to start all over.
I would warn people to stay away from it all together.
Just use NOAA

twinkiesmom
06-10-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure what is putting the spyware on my system but I'm constantly deleting a cookie from servedby.advertising, doubleclick, HitBox, and CommissionJunction. Servedby.advertising is the one that is making certain words underlined w/green and makes em a clickable link. Could be on any post here or any other pages I go to. Pain in the behind. When my spyware programs find these, I also wish it'd say where it originated from. Thank you for the links to the other weather programs.

VALENA-)45
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks For The Info. I Will Be Deleteing This.i Have Problems Sometimes And They Didn't Start Til I Got The Weatherbug. Thanks.again.

twinkiesmom
06-10-2004, 04:31 PM
valena - what kinda problems are u having? Does your pc freeze up every once in a while too?

VALENA-)45
06-10-2004, 04:37 PM
valena - what kinda problems are u having? Does your pc freeze up every once in a while too? YES, THAT A PAGES LOAD SLOW, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE RR, PAGES FREEZE, HAVE TO CLICK MORE THEN ONCE TO GO TO ANOTHER PAGE, AND DON'T TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING, IT FREEZES UP EVERY THING AND I HAVE TO UNPLUG MY COMPUTER AND DO RESTARTS. I HAVE DONE MORE MAINTENACE WIZARDS ON THIS MACHINE IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS THEN I HAVE THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE HAD IT.

twinkiesmom
06-10-2004, 04:48 PM
YES, THAT A PAGES LOAD SLOW, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE RR, PAGES FREEZE, HAVE TO CLICK MORE THEN ONCE TO GO TO ANOTHER PAGE, AND DON'T TRY TO DOWNLOAD SOMETHING, IT FREEZES UP EVERY THING AND I HAVE TO UNPLUG MY COMPUTER AND DO RESTARTS. I HAVE DONE MORE MAINTENACE WIZARDS ON THIS MACHINE IN THE PAST FEW WEEKS THEN I HAVE THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE HAD IT.

are u having big problems w/popup ads?

VALENA-)45
06-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Yes Sometimes. But I Have A Very Good Popup Blocker From Yahoo. If I Didn't I Would Go Mad.

twinkiesmom
06-10-2004, 05:21 PM
I don't have a popup blocker and I'm seriously thinking I need to get rid of weatherbug. GRRRRRRRRRRR.

thedragonlady
06-11-2004, 01:50 AM
How strange! I've had it since it came out and never had a problem with it. After reading this thread I sent emails to the seven people that I had sent the link to and none of them have had problems either. Two of them do not have a pop-up stopper and they said they have NOT had an increase recently in ads or spyware. Maybe you should look more before you decide A lot of times if you right-click on the address of the ad and click 'properties', it will tell you where it came from. WeatherBugs are mostly just on the WeatherBug page.

VALENA-)45
06-11-2004, 03:59 AM
I don't have a popup blocker and I'm seriously thinking I need to get rid of weatherbug. GRRRRRRRRRRR.How come you don't have one. i got mine from Yahoo.com, it works great. come back at me and tell me what you think.

Angelseyes28
06-11-2004, 06:14 AM
How strange! I've had it since it came out and never had a problem with it.
Same here, I have had it forever with no problems. Sorry so many people are having problems with it.:(