PDA

View Full Version : Amazing race.. with BB5 Allison!

buttrfli
06-09-2004, 09:59 AM
I got my TV guide yesterday and saw this...

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/teams/alison/bio.shtml

I never watched it faithfully, mostly only when it was down to the last 4 or 5 couples. I may be in from the start on this one :)

------

Alison & Donny are from Pennsylvania and have been dating on and off for three years. The two of them met as students at an athletic convention at the University of Pittsburgh, and then ran into each other at a bar a few weeks later. As Alison puts it, "He's been hooked ever since." Alison was runner-up on the CBS summer reality series, BIG BROTHER 4, where her relationship with Donny was often discussed, although he was not in the house with her.

Alison says that although she and Donny have hurt each other in the past, she loves him with all her heart and wouldn't ever want to hurt him again. She describes him as much calmer than herself, and she loves to be the center of attention, while he likes to just watch from the sidelines.

Donny is the first person in his family to graduate from college. He describes himself and Alison as "both good looking, outgoing and extremely competitive." He says his most exciting moment in his life was scoring a touchdown in front of 30,000 people.

Alison & Donny describe themselves as "the greatest example of new age young adults. We give 110% to everything we do and don't accept not getting our way." They are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5, as Alison says, "to see if we should really try to work out our differences from BIG BROTHER. The $1 million is secondary."

Tasha405
06-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Very cool! Thanks. I just might tune in to this too! :)

I Gotta Have It
06-10-2004, 10:35 AM
When does this start...I luv this show...I hope I haven't missed the 1st episode...last yr a gay couple won...THANKs !

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 03:30 AM
Don't miss the 90-minute broadcast premiere of THE AMAZING RACE at a special time, 9:30PM ET/PT, Tuesday July 6th.

freeby4me
06-11-2004, 07:26 AM
Ummmm, Whats the cash prize for this?? I think personally its rather unfair that she has another chance to win money on such a huge show. It will be nice to see her again though :)

buttrfli
06-11-2004, 06:07 PM
i think its a million. I agree that its not fair that this is her 2nd shot at a cash prize. I do have my doubts about her winning this one either

halvarado
06-16-2004, 07:24 PM
i LOVE the amazing race, and i LOVE big brother, but i can't even believe whiny allison is back. she drove me absolutely nuts last year! boo hissLOL, yes, i will watch every minute anyway. :D

Crick
06-17-2004, 07:20 AM
i LOVE the amazing race, and i LOVE big brother, but i can't even believe whiny allison is back. she drove me absolutely nuts last year! boo hissLOL, yes, i will watch every minute anyway. :D

I hope somebody pushes her off a train or something. Can't imagine that the other contestants didn't see how vicious she was on Big Brother. Hopefully the other teams will gain up to get her team to finish last ASAP.

Katt
06-29-2004, 06:56 AM
Crick!! I'm shocked. A train? :eek:

Crick
07-09-2004, 05:56 AM
Crick!! I'm shocked. A train? :eek:

You're right! Pushing her off a train was be to nice. Too bad the zip line didn't break as Allison was sliding down! Donnie should give her the boot or use duct tape to keep her mouth shut.

Kelsey1224
07-14-2004, 05:01 PM
Well...thank goodness...Allison and Donny only lasted two episodes. I swear, they were going to kill each other if they were together much longer. They have the most abusive, immature relationship.

Donny ended the show saying he was done with her. I hope he watches tapes of this show to remind him of what kind of girl she is.

Crick
07-15-2004, 08:18 AM
Glad they are gone. First to last in one week! Bye Bye! Not sure who I'm pulling for to win. Not impressed with any team. Right now leaning towards Myrna and her cousin since none of the othr groups have tried to help them.

Katt
07-15-2004, 08:04 PM
I don't see how that guy put up with being treated like that...and in front of people. I would have knocked her silly a long time ago.

Crick
07-16-2004, 07:37 AM
I don't see how that guy put up with being treated like that...and in front of people. I would have knocked her silly a long time ago.

And you were shocked by me saying push her off a train! :p

halvarado
07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
i like the father daughter team and the husband wife team so far. the models sort of annoy me. so do the twins. i like the girl and her cousin, but mirna is sorta mean to charla a lot during the running and stuff and then when they are talking, she talks all nice to her. :rolleyes:
i really want to go on this show, it would be lots of fun i think! and dh speaks spanish, is good with directions, and knows his geography, so he could drag me around the world with him!

withnohalo
07-22-2004, 03:36 PM
I wish the father daughter team would have went farther. I am pulling for Myrna too. I cracked up when she told the ticket agent she needed a Doctoro. I kinda hope the bowling moms get the boot since they tried to trick the father daughter in show #2 (just because I like the father daughter team). And then I want the brothers to go for calling Charla a B*.
I just love the show.

Crick
07-22-2004, 04:12 PM
I still like Myrna and Charla because all the other teams refuse to help them. The daughter turned me against her and her dad (who I liked and respected) when she told her dad not to tell them (C&M) they (F&D) found a boarding time tag on the tree for the ferry. Then the dating couple who promised to help C&M then took off and left them when C&M were trying to help them with the plane tickets, even lying about not being in line. Glad they ended up on a later flight. Charla is good at working others to help her. LOL I know it's a game but I love when someone does something to stab another team in the back and it comes back to bite them. Applies to the brothers, the married couple, the twins, the father daughter team, Allison and Donnie, one by one they're falling by the roadside!

withnohalo
07-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I hope there are no more eating contests because that seems to be Chip's strongest category.
Does anyone understand the rules? I mean, if one member starts a task and cannot finish it, can the partner jump in with say, a fresh bowl of cavier and do the task? Those two guys kept babying their girlfriends but I wanted to say get a fresh bowl and do it yourself. I don't know if they can do that or not. It was sad to see Bob and Joyce go. They grew on me. But I am still pulling for Charla and Mirna. But Charla seems to be doing all the work. I want the bros to go next...they are too mean to my favorite team. LOL

elsaleh01
08-05-2004, 09:25 PM
sounds mean but am i the only one that cant stand the two charla and myrna? they get on my nerves... myrna is too bossy and making charla do EVERYTHING!!!!! I just cant stand them... They have been doing good though... I want the brothers and the moms to go next... the brothers are going soon anyways becuase of one of their knees...

Alessandra
08-13-2004, 01:31 PM
I hope Charla & Mirna win ONLY because Charla definitely deserves it. Mirna is a mean whiny brat and definitely doesn't deserve a dime. If they win she should give most of the money to Charla .. but knowing Charla she'll probably give it all to Mirna. Charla is an inspiration to everyone who has ever said "I can't" because she's proven that you CAN if you try hard enough.

Kelsey1224
08-13-2004, 01:52 PM
I hope Charla & Mirna win ONLY because Charla definitely deserves it. Mirna is a mean whiny brat and definitely doesn't deserve a dime. If they win she should give most of the money to Charla .. but knowing Charla she'll probably give it all to Mirna. Charla is an inspiration to everyone who has ever said "I can't" because she's proven that you CAN if you try hard enough.

I like how you think. I am inspired by Charla as well. But I can't stand Mirna. She is obnoxious, rude, and just plain not nice!!

withnohalo
08-13-2004, 03:44 PM
Did you guys know that Mirna is a lawyer? Hee hee.
I used to be mad at Mirna because I thought she was making Charla do all the work but then I theorized that maybe Charla wants to show the world that she CAN do it. I just love Charla. I agree that Mirna is whiney. I wanted the bros off but then when they went this week, I got all teary eyed. I think I want Colin and Christie off next. They are rude. Or at least thru editing they appear that way.

halvarado
08-13-2004, 05:57 PM
i agree, i love charla, but mirna is (insert several not nice words here) my sis and i call it the "run charla run show" b/c that is all mirna ever says!LOL
i like the married couple the best right now. but every team i somewhat like gets kicked off. :rolleyes: (except allison and danny i never liked them at all)

SaraSmiles
08-18-2004, 09:30 AM
Is Colin getting on anyones nerves? He has his own herd now. This will be interesting.
I was so upset i missed it last night but i looked and found that it came on at 2am my time.
Yes, i stayed up to watch it eventhough i taped it. lol :)

Kelsey1224
08-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Even though I was glad that the Charla/Mirna team was eliminated...I really felt so sorry for Charla...and so proud of her too!!!

She did so well in spite of her cousin who is a totally nasty person.

withnohalo
08-18-2004, 12:20 PM
Is Colin getting on anyones nerves? He has his own herd now. This will be interesting.
I was so upset i missed it last night but i looked and found that it came on at 2am my time.
Yes, i stayed up to watch it eventhough i taped it. lol :)

Oh my, I so wanted to punch Colin and his little girlfriend last night. Hee hee. And till now I liked the twins but one of them made such a dork of herself doing that happy dance when Charla did not make it before them to the airport. And where do they get off calling Brandon's girlfriend a nerd? I think that is the term she used. I cried when Charla was eliminated. I hope in retrospect the other teams watch and see how ugly they were to Charla. It is funny though, now I really like the bowling moms and chip and kim.

Tasha405
08-18-2004, 12:38 PM
I really wanted Charla & Mirna to win. :( Now I don't know who to cheer for. lol

MamaFairal
08-18-2004, 04:52 PM
i cried when the cousins were booted...man i wanted them to win :D

suzski
08-18-2004, 06:36 PM
I really liked the Charla/Myrna team...although it was Charla that really had me rooting for them, as I didn't care for Myrna. There is a 1-page article on Charla in the 22-28 August TV Guide (pg 29, I think). She is one special person. Now that they're off, I'm rooting for Chip and Kim. Chip really impressed me when they were in Cairo and he helped out 2 teams with their roadblock of moving heavy items...both teams (the brothers and, the Colin/whatsername groups) ended up beating Chip and Kim to the next challenge because again, he stopped to help the twins find their way. Maybe not good strategy to win the game, but it definately put me in their corner.

YNKYH8R
08-19-2004, 10:48 AM
I didn't care to much for Mirna and Schmirna (that is what we called them) they were nice but had some really annoying traits, like using fake accents in Cairo. ugh! :mad:

Although I thought it was so awesome when they almost got tickets to get to Kenya before anyone else, but then everyone got tickets too. I hate it when things like that happen, like when Colin and his GF got a 7 hour head start whittled down to 40 mins because the pyramid didn't open till 6 am. :mad:

Right now I am rooting for Chip and his wife. :)

Did anyone notice that when they, Chip and his wife, arrived in Kenya that he said wow we are in Africa now? They had been in Africa the whole time. Egypt is in africa. ;)

suzski
08-25-2004, 06:49 AM
What the heck is up with Colin? Talk about the "Ugly American"! He is absolutely horrible to everyone, including his girlfriend who is definately an enabler...why did SHE apologize to him about the issue with the taxi driver? He was wrong, and if it wasn't for her urgings, he probably would have ended up in jail. Geesh, let anyone win (even the twins, who I don't care for) rather than him!

withnohalo
08-25-2004, 07:45 AM
I was so hoping he ended up in jail and was eliminated. I was so upset that they won another trip. I am like you...Go Anyone but Colin. I miss Charla!

Kelsey1224
08-25-2004, 10:59 AM
I was so hoping he ended up in jail and was eliminated. I was so upset that they won another trip. I am like you...Go Anyone but Colin. I miss Charla!

I'm with you. Colin is a horrible person who is verbally abusive to his girlfriend.

Hopefully, when she watches tapes of this show, she will see just how awful he is.

Anthill
08-26-2004, 07:54 AM
I agree I don't want him to win. BUT his argument about not paying the cab driver did not make any sense. His reason for not paying should have been that he had to FIX the tire. The cab driver didn't even put the tire on. he never even mentioned that to hte Officer. He kept saying that it was unsafe to drive for 2 hours w/ a donut. It was very rude of him to just take the tire from the twins w/ out even saying thanks.

As for the twins. Did anyone hear what the one twin said about not stopping to help the bowling moms? She said somehting like we already stopped for colin so keep going, this is God's way of thanking us for stopping for Colin so I don't feel guilty????? How did God thank them?? Did I miss something??

I hope that Chip and Kim win. Some comments that Chip made I don't like but at least they are married have a family etc. I am so tired of seeing boyfriend/girlfriend winning, that arent' together anymore etc. I am not against boyfriend/girlfriend couples but it would be nice for a family to win the money so they can take care of the family. JMO

suzski
08-26-2004, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=Anthill] I hope that Chip and Kim win. Some comments that Chip made I don't like ...

Anthill, what exactly were the negative comments made by Chip? I must have missed something (which is very possible as I didn't start watching until the 3rd episode).

Also, my biggest problem with Colin (other than his verbally abusive behavior) is that he expects others to do for him when you KNOW he wouldn't do for them. If it had been the twins that needed his tire would he have stopped? I am super surprised that he helped out the bowling moms, but I figure that after he got the assist from the twins he felt he needed to give something back. And of course, he was a major conspirator in the Charla/Myrna elimination. Anyway, I'm absolutely hooked on this show...wish it were on twice a week!

Anthill
08-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Chip didn't make any negative comments persay, but there were comments that he made that I cringed at. I can't remember what they were. I like him don't get me wrong. I think he is very nice to all the teams, and when they were behind the pack, I was rooting for them to move up. My original team i was rooting for was the cousins, but now that they are gone, my backup team is chip and kim!!!!

suzski
09-01-2004, 06:07 AM
I have to really applaud the dating models for putting themselves in the back of the pack knowingly because of the issue with the fast forward. I thought it was so sweet when the guy said he didn't mind getting his hair cut, but he didn't want his girlfriend to lose her beautiful hair. If it was me, I would have helped the guy shave my head (and then cried piteously about it later), and bought a hat and wig at the first opportunity!

withnohalo
09-01-2004, 07:02 AM
I really like Brandon and Nicole. They seem really in love and sincere about their relationship with God.
Chip is craking me up. I love the way he is trying to trip Colin by massaging his ego. LOL That Colin has to go.

Anthill
09-01-2004, 07:08 AM
It seems that every year they have people like Colin and Christie on the show. And people like that keep winning. Remember Flo???? If she wasn't the meanest person I have ever seen on the show and boy could she whine!!!!They are so Cocky, but yet they keep coming in first, and people who are deserving come in last. It really makes me mad that they had 2 non-eliminations two weeks in a row, but when Charla and Myrna (sp) were last, they booted them. I know they say it is pre-determined, but sometimes I think that maybe it isn't so planned after all.

Kelsey1224
09-01-2004, 07:24 AM
Last week, Colin was really making my angry with his comments to Christie. However, this week...not that his behavior was any better...but her's was almost as bad.

When he was making the bricks, she was nagging him so much. I wanted to hit her myself...

I'm still rooting for Chip and Kim and then the models second. The moms are getting on my nerves...specifically the blonde one. Last week she was whining, "we never get a break..." There are four non-elimination rounds on the show, and they have already gotten two of them. That means that they have already come in last on two occasions and didn't get the boot.

As for Charla and Mirna. I really liked and admired Charla...but I couldn't stand Mirna. Unfortunately, I couldn't stand Mirna more than I admired Charla so I was really glad when they got eliminated.

suzski
09-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Kelsey, the bowling moms have only come in last once...in Egypt. The other 2 couples were Brandon/Nicole last night, and the twins last week. There is still one non-elimination week left. As for Christie last night, I know she was nagging, but geez, Colin's been giving her grief for quite awhile...looks like she's starting to give it back IMO.
withnohalo, I'm completely with you. Chip is applying a bit of psychology on Colin and I really hope it pans out. Chip and Kim appear to be the strongest competition to Colin and Christie, so he's playing it pretty smart.
I'm hoping that Chip and Kim pull it out. They seem to be one of the only couples (Brandon and Nicole as well) that seem to be drawing closer and still enjoying the "adventure". The others are starting to fray a bit at the edges and seem to have stopped enjoying the ride.

Tasha405
09-01-2004, 11:50 AM
It really makes me mad that they had 2 non-eliminations two weeks in a row, but when Charla and Myrna (sp) were last, they booted them. I know they say it is pre-determined, but sometimes I think that maybe it isn't so planned after all.Thats what I was thinking about last night too. Although I like the other couple I still think they should have went home for choosing the fast forward thing then not doing it and going back to start all over. They were late getting to the rest point and should have went home. I just think if it had been anyone else they would have sent them home.

Colin is really getting on my nerves. I can't stand his attitude toward the game, other players or his g/f. He is so rude!

Kelsey1224
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Kelsey, the bowling moms have only come in last once...in Egypt. The other 2 couples were Brandon/Nicole last night, and the twins last week. There is still one non-elimination week left.

OMG...you are right. Thanks for correcting me.

Although, her whining last week and last night still got on my nerves. They have gotten lots of breaks and she gets hysterical over almost everything!!! I feel for her partner.

melsh
09-03-2004, 07:54 AM
I wanted to see someone shave their heads! :p

withnohalo
09-03-2004, 08:15 AM
I really think a lot of Brandon and Nicole because as far as they were concerned, they were out of the race but still wanted to finish the leg. I hope they do better this next show. I don't think they will act the way the twins did to get money. I hope the twins and Colin will be the next two teams out.
And I kinda wanted to see Colin and Christie shave their heads!

suzski
09-03-2004, 08:24 AM
And I kinda wanted to see Colin and Christie shave their heads!

That would have been interesting...but you know, I can see that Colin would have done it, Christie would have cried, and Colin would have yelled at her and probably taken the razor to her head his self. :(

suzski
09-08-2004, 06:08 AM
Wow, that was a nail biter last night. I was so afraid that it was going to be Chip and Kim going home. Thank goodness they pulled it out...although it appears that there was alot of time difference between them and the twins, as the twins didn't get to the pit stop until well after dark.

Anthill
09-08-2004, 07:43 AM
I like Brandon, but there is something wrong w/ that Nicole. She is just as bad as Kristen. He says let's pray and she snaps at him just pray out loud. Then when he had to get in the ball she said he had to do it because she wants the million dollars. So much for being a Christian person. She isn't very nice!!!!! But I do think that Brandon is a nice person and does have his faith etc.

withnohalo
09-16-2004, 10:20 AM
This season is different than last. Didn't just three couples compete for the million? Poor Chip and Kim. I hope Colin is not too hard on them. I was so dissapointed when it was it an elimination leg. I think now they (Colin and Christie) have more of a drive to win. I sure hope they don't. I think now I will be rooting for Chip and Kim next Tuesday. They have moved from one of my least faves to one of my faves.

Alessandra
09-16-2004, 01:33 PM
I was SO mad !!!!! I wanted Colin and Christie to go home in the worst way although I love watching him melt down every week .. LOL !!!

I'm rooting for the bowling moms because they have truly fought their way to where they are. I wouldn't mind if Chip & Kim won either.

suzski
09-17-2004, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know if there is a repeat episode between episodes and when that might be? I was unable to watch the show due to a family emergency, and even though I checked out the website, I still would like to actually watch the show.

withnohalo
09-17-2004, 02:24 PM
I am in British Columbia and it airs on the OLN network on Sunday. I am not sure if you have the OLN there. It is worth watching. Just for the look on Colin's face when he finds out he was yielded. LOL. And I can't believe how he told Christie that he hated her. He is such a jerk.

Kelsey1224
09-17-2004, 03:48 PM
I am in British Columbia and it airs on the OLN network on Sunday. I am not sure if you have the OLN there. It is worth watching. Just for the look on Colin's face when he finds out he was yielded. LOL. And I can't believe how he told Christie that he hated her. He is such a jerk.

I wasn't sure if he was telling Christie if he hated her...or if he was telling the ox that he hated it...LOL!

elsaleh01
09-17-2004, 06:16 PM
i like colin and christie i hope they win.... He is the demon though. But i think shes a good person.

suzski
09-18-2004, 05:58 PM

Thanks! And yes, we do have OLN here.

Tasha405
09-21-2004, 07:15 AM
I can't wait for tonights show. I want anyone but Colin to win. LOL I can't stand him.

suzski
09-21-2004, 07:19 AM
I can't wait for tonights show. I want anyone but Colin to win. LOL I can't stand him.

I'm with ya Tasha! We've got a 75% chance of a team that we wouldn't mind actually winning. I'm hoping Chip and Kim pull it out, but again, I'd be happy to see the Bowling Mom's or Brandon and Nicole win. Remember, it starts an hour earlier tonight! :)

Kelsey1224
09-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Okay...if you are interested in spoilers about which three teams are in the final leg of the race...go to the following link.

There are pictures and everything:

http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000375.html

If you don't want to know...then don't go there!!!

withnohalo
09-21-2004, 10:00 AM
wow, loved that site and info. I think it is funny that they make places look more like they think they should look. As in using the horses for props and stuff. I have lived in Canada for 5 years now and it is not anything like I was lead to believe it was n school. But of course I was in school back in the eighties. LOL
Thanks Kelsey!