PDA

View Full Version : I Quit !

suprtruckr
06-08-2004, 11:11 AM
My resignation

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult.
I Have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant. I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks. I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them. I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day. I want to return to a time when life was simple. When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but
that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again. I want to live simple again. I don't want my
day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork,
depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones. I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow. So . . . here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood. And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause..... "Tag! You're it." :p :D

mom2cvam
06-08-2004, 11:18 AM
I want to quit today too!! Can I quit too?? Please oh Please?!?!? I can be a kid again! :D :D :p Yep, Sounds good to me. :p

jan8262
06-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Me TOO!

as my (soon-to-be) ex told me last night "Grow UP!" I was wondering why I should! Now I know why I definitely Won't!!!

:D

bell_peaches
06-08-2004, 11:24 AM
You can not quit unless you take me. I will be your bestest friend please. I have doggies we can play with. and a pool to swim in. please let me quit with you. I will give all my stuff awy too. pppppppllllleeeeeaaaaasssssseeeee.

littlebuggy
06-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Oooh, oooh, wait for me!!!! Let's not forget to set some time aside to lay on the grass and see what shapes we see in the clouds!! I see an ice cream cone, with sprinkles, and whipped cream, and a cherry on top!
Oh, and peaches can we play marco polo in your pool??!!

Unicornmom77
06-08-2004, 12:00 PM
*runs from the thread screaming TAG YOUR IT.... HAHAHA CATCH ME IF YOU CAN nanny nanny boo boo*

bell_peaches
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
come on over pool is 24 ft round hold 10 kids no problem. I have permission to have my bestest friends over lol I like marco polo.

sea-shell
06-08-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm coming to - I'll make some bubble gum scented candles to bring back memories.

suziebee20
06-08-2004, 01:49 PM
You mean to tell me McDonalds really isn't a four star resaurant?? :( :( Well there goes everything I ever beleived in.

Gherky
06-08-2004, 02:50 PM
What took you so long? I quit a long time ago. :D

suprtruckr
06-08-2004, 07:27 PM
What took you so long? I quit a long time ago. :D
LOL so did i :p i just have to keep reminding myself ocassionally ;)