PDA

View Full Version : Summerland

Tasha405
06-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Did anyone watch this? It came on the WB channel. What did ya think about it? I thought it was pretty good and I can't wait to see more episodes! :)

Here a little info on the show..

Instant family
Ava Gregory loved her life - a career in fashion design, a house on the beach and friends she could count on. Then came the news that would change everything.

Ava's sister and brother-in-law have been killed and she's now guardian to their three children: Sixteen-year-old Bradin Westerly (Jesse McCarthy, "All My Children"), thirteen-year-old Nikki Westerly (Kay Panabaker, "The Brothers Garcia") and eight-year-old Derrick (Nick Benson, "National Treasure").

As Ava struggles in her new role the kids try to move past their grief and adjust to life at the beach. Ava's friends Johnny Durant (Shawn Christian, "As The World Turns"), Jay Robertson (Ryan Kwanten, "Home and Away") and Susannah Rexford (Merrin Dungey, "Alias") lend all the help and support they can.

From executive producers Remi Aubuchon ("24," "Lyon's Den"), Stephen Tolkin ("All Souls," "Kate Brasher") and Aaron Spelling and E. Duke Vincent (7th Heaven, Charmed).

http://bc.images.trb.com/media/photo/2004-05/12682487.jpg

halvarado
06-16-2004, 07:29 PM
i watched the first one and the third one, missed the second episode. the only two things that bug me are the house is very very expensive--especially for southern cal, where i have heard house prices are astronomical, and also, ava didn't even know whe was getting the kids and her neice at one point said "mom never left us with a sitter" yet she never told her sister that she was going to be raising three kids. that seemed a bit off, but oh well.
i know, i know it is just a show. i really like the cast and the story line, those two things just bugged me. i will keep watching :D

justme23
06-16-2004, 11:03 PM
I've been meaning to watch it but I keep forgetting... what night and time is it on?

Tasha405
06-18-2004, 12:03 PM
Tuesday night after Gilmore Girls on the WB. :)

I know what ya mean halvarado, a few things have bugged me too but all in all it seems like a pretty good show.