PDA

View Full Version : Need help filling out Thank you cards

mesue
06-05-2004, 01:29 PM
My brother died of cancer on May 21, and since my Mom is not able to fill them out I am left with the job. Many people brought food, money, sympathy cards and also many spent time doing things like sitting with my Mom and him in the hospital, helping set up the house with an air conditioner to keep him comfortable, you know all those things family and friends do for one another during these awful times. anyway I am having a hard time figuring out what to put since I am the only one writing all these up, I am the only child left as it was just me and my brother, I want to put the same thing on all of them. Would, "Thank you for all your thoughtfulness and kindness and prayers during this tragic time in our lives. It has meant a lot to us and greatly helped us get through it. We feel blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family."
Is that too much or too little, too mushy? I'm not very good at these things and I guess still in shock to think straight? TIA

Unicornmom77
06-05-2004, 01:30 PM
I think it sounds wonderfull. I couldnt have written it any better. Honestly its great!!!

Sorry for the loss, hugs!!

bell_peaches
06-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. what you wrote is perfect Don't change a thing. Good luck and (((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

sparklez
06-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Im sorry to hear about your loss.
I also think its perfect. I wouldn't change anything, you did a wonderful job.

ang in NC
06-05-2004, 02:44 PM
That sounds good to me. Sorry about your brother, remember he is not suffering now.

YankeeMary
06-05-2004, 09:16 PM
I agree sounds just great to me... I lost my brother so I know how you feel..I am so sorry for you and your family...not a day goes by that I don't think of my brother...its so good of you to do the cards for your mom...you are in my prayers.