PDA

View Full Version : why bother

evrita
06-03-2004, 04:37 PM
:confused: Why do I bother coming here If my kid doesnt have food everyone would love to read my post I try to contibute and what do i get NOTHING i guess i dont have enough drama in my life well i do but just dont post it for 500000 people to see it I GIVE UP

Jacie
06-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Why do I bother coming here If my kid doesnt have food everyone would love to read my post I try to contibute and what do i get NOTHING i guess i dont have enough drama in my life well i do but just dont post it for 500000 people to see it I GIVE UP

What does this mean? :confused:

BigLyd1
06-03-2004, 04:45 PM
{{{evrita}}}

Please explain.

evrita
06-03-2004, 04:50 PM
It means i give up why bother posting?? It feels like High school if you arein with the right crowd you are good to go.

Wimzik
06-03-2004, 04:51 PM
I think she means if you don't post all your problems or every detail of your life here then you get ignored.

mom2cvam
06-03-2004, 04:53 PM
{{{{{evrita}}}}}
:(

Unicornmom77
06-03-2004, 04:54 PM
I think she means if you don't post all your problems or every detail of your life here then you get ignored.

I think your right

But I love ya Evrita!! (((((((((BIG HUGS HUN!!)))))))))

evrita
06-03-2004, 04:56 PM
I actually belong to some of them. You know people who get concerned if I am not around and know the real me and some I have met here

MsLynn
06-03-2004, 04:57 PM
well now i replied to your job offer, lmao. and you know i loves ya, you're one of the few here who knows what i'm going through in this job. lol

WHO LOVES YA BABY!!!!!!!!!

Jacie
06-03-2004, 04:58 PM
Evitra sounds like she is feeling sorry for herself because nobody is paying attention to her. High school? Try pre-school. Count your blessings and move on girlfriend!

suprtruckr
06-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I actually belong to some of them. You know people who get concerned if I am not around and know the real me and some I have met here
you got my number sweetie ANYTIME 24/7 {{{ev}}}

evrita
06-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Evitra sounds like she is feeling sorry for herself because nobody is paying attention to her. High school? Try pre-school. Count your blessings and move on girlfriend!

Yup you are one smooccchhhhh luv you too Preschool umm not :p

kelly12569
06-03-2004, 05:09 PM
((((((((((Evrita)))))))))) Hey.. you can P.M. me anytime I always like chatting with everyone in here. And you dont have to air your "dirty laundry" to me unless ya want. And if ya do want, Im here to listen. Or if ya just wanna chat... lemme know! :D

Wimzik
06-03-2004, 05:11 PM
If spilling out every detail of my personal life on this forum or any other forum is what it takes for people to want to be my friend and to respond to my threads......... I'd just prefer to let things stay the way they are. :D

I agree :eek: ;)

Evrita, I used to feel the same way, but I just can't bring myself to post about my personal life on a message board. But I'm glad I don't, I would rather be ignored than have everyone in my business. :p

tigerskiss1963
06-03-2004, 05:21 PM
i feel what you feel sometimes
because i get a few responses to things i say i feel ignored
but the ones who do answer me or just give me an e hug it make me feel wanted and loved.
so i give you a big fat loving hug :)

queenangie
06-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Sending warm, fuzzy hugs your direction!

evrita
06-03-2004, 05:43 PM
ty all I just needed to vent

ezmoney163
06-03-2004, 05:53 PM
((((Evrita)))))

You know I am here if you wanna talk!!! I haven't been reading alot of things here lately, really busy trying to get ready for next wednesday!!! I am sorry!!! If you wanna talk you know where I am.

galeane29
06-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Hey Hey , I wanna be with the "in crowd" here...lol I always seem to kill a thread or its like they just jump right over my post and ignore what ever I have said. :( But hey, like my 2 yr old son says, or trys to say " its all good". I'm trying to make friends here and so far I havent found many friendlys.

kelly12569
06-03-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm trying to make friends here and so far I havent found many friendlys.

awwww.... I like to think Im friendly ;) Hello !! :D

CowNcalves
06-03-2004, 07:41 PM
galeane, I feel the same way, guess we don't have clever enough responses or invisable posts :D

I'll start airing my laundry, if someone wants to fold it and put it away :p

evrita
06-03-2004, 07:56 PM
Not me I dont do laundry

LadyBones
06-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Can i get in on this cause i think this is my crowd to belong to I want friends too ;)

I just don't know where i belong, I take it one day at a time :D

Katt
06-03-2004, 08:26 PM
I'd offer to be someone's friend, but I always end up having to ban my friends lol.

Being a loner is more fun anyway :D

MsLynn
06-03-2004, 08:28 PM
Hey Hey , I wanna be with the "in crowd" here...lol I always seem to kill a thread or its like they just jump right over my post and ignore what ever I have said. :(.

same thing happens to me, but then someone else will post almost exactly the same thing, and they are hailed as the queen of advise, lmao, just kills me.

AND DANGIT I AM TOO FRIENDLY :D see my smile

LadyBones
06-03-2004, 08:37 PM
I'd offer to be someone's friend, but I always end up having to ban my friends lol.

Ok Katt how about you can be my........

acquaintance :D

DAVESBABYDOLL
06-03-2004, 08:38 PM
LOL I never thought of it like that before...

Maybe that splains why most of my posts are only replied to by certain people? :D (I'm kidding!!!!!!!!!)

I don't post every detail of my life either. Just not something I want to do. :)

Evrita, maybe we can start our own little club of members who don't post every detail of their lives. ;) j/k

I'm in!! Come on evrita let's go!! :D

galeane29
06-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Ya'll are just too funny. I have become addicted to this forum. I read all the posts and have just recently started posting myself. I dont air my laundry I think If you need to vent ....Vent dagnabit!!! We all have to let it out sometimes. I was'nt saying that any of ya'll were'nt friendly. Just seems like this is a great place to meet new people and make friendships and I really had'nt felt "welcome" till just lately ( same of the OP from what I understand). I'll be all ya'll friend. I could always use new ones. :) :cool:

suprtruckr
06-03-2004, 08:49 PM

*coughBScoughcough* :p :cool: ;) :D

DBackFan
06-03-2004, 08:58 PM
Wow Jacie. Maybe you need a good nights sleep. :rolleyes:

Evrita IS entitles to feelings. Hang in there. I don't feel "in the loop" usually either.

AngelGrim
06-03-2004, 09:15 PM
Evitra I hope you feel better, don't post much anymore figure would slip and get banned, so anyway, hope your feeling better and heres a hug just for you((((hugs))))

1tiredmom
06-03-2004, 09:25 PM
:confused: Why do I bother coming here If my kid doesnt have food everyone would love to read my post I try to contibute and what do i get NOTHING i guess i dont have enough drama in my life well i do but just dont post it for 500000 people to see it I GIVE UP

Evrita-
I'm sorry-i do read & i have been known to post, ask questions, and there has been times there is no reply-i don't take offense to it-because it is like here in my house-but if you need something or just feel like vent if i am online i will answer or just be your sounding board or cap letter read--i'm a loner as well but there are at least 99% cyber bbs friends i have found on here---but if you need a shoulder to lean on i will listen ---sorry once more & no this is not a sarcastic reply i think very good with the majority of this board
i sure hope this was written correctly

jcw
06-03-2004, 09:35 PM
Evrita, I understand what you're saying. :(

There are VERY few people that I've actually gotten close to on this site. And I can count the ones on ONE hand that would care enough to call me or try to contact me in some other way if I wasn't around for a few days.

If spilling out every detail of my personal life on this forum or any other forum is what it takes for people to want to be my friend and to respond to my threads......... I'd just prefer to let things stay the way they are. :D

Seems like we have something in common.I could count the ones that would be concerned about me on one hand and still have five fingers left.lol

Jacie
06-03-2004, 10:23 PM
I was not saying Evrita was not entitled to her feelings. Since I am too, I posted what I see/saw. Not that she is a bad person, etc, but if you put it into perspective with most of the world, like I said, count your blessings and move on.

I guess that is why this section is called 'Vent and Whine." No insult to Evrita, just overall, I see a bunch of fawning sycophants.

I am sorry if the truth hurts so I will leave you all to your own devices and whining. :p

I also suggest counseling to alot of you if you really are feeling that alone and left out because people do not reply to your posts. I am not trying to be mean, just a suggestion. :)

spongebob
06-04-2004, 12:51 AM
sorry you feel that way, but maybe they just don't know how to put there feeling in to words, i know i don't post alot not that some of the post don't touch me its just how do i put what i want to say into words for it to sound right or not offend the other person.

just like i must be getting a different messagae from your post then what every body else is.. but like katt said hey its better to be a loner more inless and so many words. that way your not caught up in all the drama that goes on in these boards. my opinion we are not in high school so why should we try to fit in. this is me like it or not it who i am .

DivineMsDi
06-04-2004, 03:45 AM
Hey gals...sing my song.....I'm out with the in crowd...and proud.... :D

You need to just post and if someone cares, they will reply. I have seen a lot of posts I wanted to reply to but sometimes you can't--we'd be sitting here all day....

Keep posting and try to be yourself, not a drama queen craving attention or making up stories (not pointing any fingers). You will find people who will care and gravitate towards your posts.

But you know, you have to do a little sharing and opening up to get others to share with you.

Just some advice, it was not meant to be directed at the OP or anyone specifically on this board.

DBackFan
06-04-2004, 04:32 AM
I guess that is why this section is called 'Vent and Whine." No insult to Evrita, just overall, I see a bunch of fawning sycophants.

I am sorry if the truth hurts so I will leave you all to your own devices and whining. :p

I also suggest counseling to alot of you if you really are feeling that alone and left out because people do not reply to your posts. I am not trying to be mean, just a suggestion. :)

sycophant \SIK-uh-fuhnt\, noun:
A person who seeks favor by flattering people of wealth or influence; a parasite; a toady.

Gee don't we ALL feel special now? Wow.

lassss
06-04-2004, 05:04 AM
I was not saying Evrita was not entitled to her feelings. Since I am too, I posted what I see/saw. Not that she is a bad person, etc, but if you put it into perspective with most of the world, like I said, count your blessings and move on.

I kinda agree here....but more importantly and to the point..it sounds like it is more important to worry about not having any replies to a post then having a hungry child :confused:

Tasha405
06-04-2004, 07:10 AM
I've posted many times and never got a reply. Don't let it get to ya. :) I'm sure they are people here that don't like me or doesn't care about what I have to say and there is nothing I can do about it. I'm me and I'm not changing to just to get someone to like me.

ShelleyG
06-04-2004, 07:25 AM
dont know about an "in" croud I have been accused of that LOL but not all posts get replies, no matter who is "your friend" it would lierally take days to reply to all of the posts on here, and even on my small site I can tell ya they never reply LOL! talk about closed mouth LOL,it is an aggrivating battle to post something to spark interest in the members to get them to chat, get to know each other...play games stuff like that.

but everyone is entitled to their oppinion, and hang in there sweetie!

sometimes we dont reply, but we are here

evrita
06-04-2004, 06:11 PM

Sorry I am a well functioning person I had something to say I said it so there :p I am a mother and i work 48-68 hours a week at a busy job and it is a stressful one at that so as far as i am concerned well you can have a nice day :D

kelly12569
06-04-2004, 08:46 PM

You know, I really dont think these were the types of replies she was wanting.

How does that old saying go?

If ya dont have anything nice to say......

(oh, unless ya wanna foot my counseling bill? cuz I got an ex, my ex's new wife, my dh's ex, some step kids and some bills I'd like to sit and chew the fat about... LMAO :eek: )

hang in there Evrita! Its the weekend ! :D

Jacie
06-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Kelly. the way I see it is, I did have "something good to say." Possibly/Probably not what you and the majority would like to hear/read but I am not in the business to make you feel good about yourself. Pretty sad if your rely upon others to fulfill your inner needs.

Kelly, what the heck do you mean by "if you do not have anything nice to say..." It sounds to me like you must be an uneducated individual or one that just follows the crowd.

Please prove me wrong by your feelings and thoughts, or something that shows people, not just I( that you are an uneducated cow)

Tasha405
06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
Please prove me wrong by your feelings and thoughts, or something that shows people, not just I( that you are an uneducated cow)
What?? Did you just call her an uneducated cow?

MySonNick1
06-04-2004, 09:49 PM

OMG...How rude and mean.

Jacie
06-04-2004, 10:17 PM
I guess I am "rude" and "mean," according to some people here. My point was/is to CHALLENGE, not state (give my opionon,etc) but give the gal a chance to speak.

I only wish the gal the best, and I certainly hope she can get it from a bunch of Profanity edited. like you.

Good luck on the next board you choose to frequent. Your membership here has been terminated.

Katt

Chiizii
06-04-2004, 10:37 PM
Gosh. Hate to be the one that follows that sentiment but...

Evrita: Just sending you some *good vibes*. Sometimes the way you feel (" I GIVE UP") can be a pretty tough to get through. Hope your week ended on a high note and the weekend brings you some calm and restful moments.

CowNcalves
06-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey now, I thought I was the only cow here, How dare you give my title to someone else :mad:
Theres a difference between giving an opinion and name calling. Only the ignorant call names because they don't know any better.
I am just wondering if we all need counseling for venting :rolleyes: why some ppl have to make negitive remarks for attention

Someone just needs to take a PMS pill and hit the back button

1tiredmom
06-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey now, I thought I was the only cow here, How dare you give my title to someone else :mad:
Theres a difference between giving an opinion and name calling. Only the ignorant call names because they don't know any better.
I am just wondering if we all need counseling for venting :rolleyes: why some ppl have to make negitive remarks for attention

Someone just needs to take a PMS pill and hit the back button

i keep telling my doctor that prozac should be put in the water!!

mommyx2
06-05-2004, 08:48 AM
(((((((((evrita))))))))))

bayoubabe
06-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I am new to reading this discussion. Did I miss someting ?

Why are you singling yourself out as a victim because you feel no one replies to your posts.

jen-ron
06-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Um, not sure about some of the responses here, but hun, I can understand where you are comin from but try not to let some of the rudeness bother you. Im not in any "in" crowd either but IF I find a post I like, or feel like I have a response to, then I respond. Otherwise I back out. Kinda like my membership. hehe {hugz}

Jen

queenangie
06-05-2004, 10:13 PM
Boy, I went to Sat. evening church and come home....

learn a new word for the day
(even for a coleg grajuet here in the cow state of Illinois)

Oh My!

Somebody just got the big B.

Life is not dull on BBS!

Sending OP a warm fuzzy hug! So sorry this thread turned nasty on you, hon!

BabyDolla
06-05-2004, 10:47 PM
Hugs to you OP. :D

Prozac in the water..that is funny :D :D :D

I have my little yellow pills the DR gave me. Life is grand.

Seriously, sorry you are having a bad day. I pray things get better.

UROCgirl
06-05-2004, 11:42 PM
I do understand what you mean, I feel invisible most of the time, but I am not here that much my kids take up to much of my time. It is nice to chat with someone who is not a kid once in a while being a Domestic Engineer and all sometimes I just crave an adult conversation. As far as laundry well I don't put much out but sometimes when someone else has a strange experience or frustration I just have to say something even if no one notices. Maybe it is better that way then I don't have to elaborate or anything.

Well now you certantly have a lot of replies to this post and some rude person has been banned to boot. The irony! :p

bribella
06-06-2004, 06:44 AM
I don't respond to every single post I read because I simply don't always have something to say about it. Sure it's fun to read others opinions and suggestions on what you post but I don't see the need to get upset and single out a specific post (ie: the post re: someones child not having enough food to eat) It is not a popularity contest to see how many replies one may get to a post. This isn't highschool. However everyone is entitled to their opinions and feelings, this is mine and that was yours.

Crick
06-06-2004, 06:57 AM

I want details! :p Promise not to tell 500000 people only 499999! :D Hang in there. Some of us like to keep our private lives private. Don't take it personally.

And KATT you only ban your friends??? Glad I'm just your stalker! MUAHAHAHA

kelly12569
06-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Oh man... now I am so mad at myself for forgetting to check this thread. Man, this uneducated cow probably would have gotten herself banned if I had though. My guess is someone missed HER last counseling session. Ok, time to leave this thread. I just wanted to offer hugs to the OP and I see someone else wasnt mature enough for this thread. hugs again Evrita.

evrita
06-06-2004, 12:10 PM
TY all I was having a bad day I am working too much and well everything else life has thrown my way lately and i just wanted to vent.

CowNcalves
06-06-2004, 07:10 PM
evrita, just vent away and if anyone wants to get rude, just call this ol uneducated cow to sit on them or I can send a frisky bull their way :D :D :D