PDA

View Full Version : won't be seeing my fiance much

irrelevant0
06-02-2004, 10:03 PM
he works third shift, so he sleeps during the day. i will be workign second shift and sleeping while he is working. my awake time will be when he is sleeping, and his awake time will be when i am working. we are going to have pretty much no time together. it is really getting to me. i keep thinking he is going to cheat on me, even though he says he never would, he hasn't before, and he hasn't given me a reason to think he will. i feel like i am falling apart and i don't know what to do. :(

frooger
06-03-2004, 03:22 AM
I'm sorry. I know how you feel a little bit. My boyfriend has an opposite sleep schedule than me. Then on his days off he gets tired earlier. He is sleeping right now! LOL
I hope everything works out for you. Take care.

mom2cvam
06-03-2004, 04:54 AM
My DH works stay away so he is gone all week. I'm lucky if I get to see him on the weekends. So I kind of know how you feel. It bites not being able to see him at all. I know all too well the fears and feelings. I'm sorry you're going through a hard time. :( I hope that it gets better for you real soon. (((Hugs)))

VALENA-)45
06-03-2004, 05:05 AM
Honey, Calm Down!! Being That The Two Of You Are Working And Can't See Each Other, Y'all Can Talk On The Phone, And Tell Each Other How You Feel, And Give Each Other Moral Support. Has He Cheated On You Before??? If Not, Then Get That Thought Out Of Your Head. Can't Y'all Get The Same Days Off, Then Y'all Will Have Some Time Together. Talk About It, And See If Y'all Can Do That. Good Luck To The Both Of You. Have A Nice Day.

buttrfli
06-03-2004, 05:06 AM
{{{HUGS}}} I used to work hours like that when I was with my ex... it was hard, but it didn't last forever. Maybe soon, you will get some better hours :)

Angel Lips
06-03-2004, 05:10 AM
((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) i know how you feel also. Hope things work out.

schsa
06-03-2004, 05:48 AM
Ok, then you need to make a date time, or you stay up until he gets home and you have dinner or whatever meal at that time and then the two of you sleep until you have to go to work.

It's not impossible. It can work out if you try.

Tasha405
06-03-2004, 05:53 AM
Ok, then you need to make a date time, or you stay up until he gets home and you have dinner or whatever meal at that time and then the two of you sleep until you have to go to work.

That sounds like a good idea! :)

MelanieAnn
06-03-2004, 06:06 AM
Hugs!

My dad and step-mom are in the same boat. My dad works like from midnight until 9am, and my step-mom is a professor so right now she isn't working (well she's watching their daughter, my sister). I am here visiting here, and I hardly see my dad, LOL.

Anyway, so my dad will get home a little before 10, have breakfast and hang out for maybe 2 hours. Then he goes upstairs with Katie (my sister) and both of them go to sleep. My dad usually sleeps until 7pm, then they have dinner... then my dad will go back to sleep until 11 when he has to get ready for work.

I know, it sucks. Just know that it will get better! You guys will get through it, and it will just make your relationship that much stronger. Then you can really enjoy that alone time even more. ;)

MamaFairal
06-03-2004, 07:00 AM
YEah but just think how special your time together will be now :)

KEARLA
06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
My DH and I did that the first two years we were married. I would get home in the evening just in time to tell him goodbye. I started going to his work place after an few hours of sleep and sat with him during his lunch hour, then would go back home to bed. Then we always tried to have one day on the weekend that was just for us.

MsLynn
06-03-2004, 08:26 PM
when i was married and i worked 3-11 and he worked midnight to 8, when he came home in the morning he would stay up till i went to work, and that was our time together, i would come home at 11 and he would go to work and I always made sure to be up when he got home. and he said it helped to be more awake at work. cause he just had 8 hrs sleep before going to work.

think about it, most people on NORMAL schedules do the same thing, they wake up, go to work, come home, stay up for a while and then go to bed, and start over. thats the way i've always done it no matter what shift i'm on. it might be hard on him at first but it works great in the long run, lol at least i think so

justinenycole26
06-04-2004, 03:08 AM
I work 3rd shift, my finacee' works 1st. I get home in the morning just in time for him to walk out the door. He usually calls me while he is on his way to wrk and we talk for 15 minutes or so. I get up and have coffee and sometimes dinner with him and the girls before I go to work. It may not be the perfect schedule, but it keeps us from having to pay a babysitter. We are used to it now, been doing it for almost 3 years.