PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia and Diana set to release singles

Crick
06-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Fantasia Barrino will be releasing I Believe as a single CD on June 15. Diana DeGarmo wil be releasing a single CD on June 22 RCA Records announced today.

Be interesting to see how the singles compete against each other. I will certainly be buying Fantasia's. Have to wait and hear Diana's before I decide. :)

seawind
06-03-2004, 12:36 PM
look at the competition on amazon lol

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/music/all/music/0/1/1/ref=pd_ts_pg_1/104-1206053-9711963

currently fantasias is at 7 and dianas is at 11 this morning fantasias was at 11 and dianas was at 10 yesterday dianas was at 8 and fantasias was at 14 they just keep ranging its really close this year

woleys
06-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Fantasia Barrino will be releasing I Believe as a single CD on June 15. Diana DeGarmo wil be releasing a single CD on June 22 RCA Records announced today.

Be interesting to see how the singles compete against each other. I will certainly be buying Fantasia's. Have to wait and hear Diana's before I decide. :)

I can't wait! I will probably buy both.......but I know I will BUY Fantasias! I can't wait! Thanks for the info!

Crick
06-03-2004, 04:03 PM
look at the competition on amazon lol

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/new-for-you/top-sellers/-/music/all/music/0/1/1/ref=pd_ts_pg_1/104-1206053-9711963

currently fantasias is at 7 and dianas is at 11 this morning fantasias was at 11 and dianas was at 10 yesterday dianas was at 8 and fantasias was at 14 they just keep ranging its really close this year

Right now Fantasia is #4 and Diana #10.

Surprised that Diana is being allowed to record "I Believe" on her single CD as well, unless I am looking at it wrong. Looks like both will have three songs on their CD's. Glad to see Fantasia will also have "Summertime" on her CD.

seawind
06-03-2004, 04:43 PM
no your right they both have i belive on there singles and yep fantasia has a big lead at this moment..

woleys
06-03-2004, 07:53 PM
Right now Fantasia is #2 and Diana is number #12 at 9:53 pm

Crick
06-04-2004, 05:56 AM
Right now Fantasia is #2 and Diana is number #12 at 9:53 pm

This morning 9:00 am Fantasia is #3 and Dianna is #15. Don't think Dianna should be allowed to release "I Believe." The song was supposed to be the first release for the winner which was Fantasia. JMO

woleys
06-04-2004, 02:39 PM
ITA! The song was for the winner of AI........not the winner and runner up. JMO :)

seawind
06-04-2004, 07:09 PM
today and yesterday fantasia kicked dianas butt on the amazon sells maybe its be cause fantasias is coming out first ? ... or maybe i was wrong and fantasia has more fans... nah me wrong couldent be lol :rolleyes:

Crick
06-05-2004, 03:28 AM
today and yesterday fantasia kicked dianas butt on the amazon sells maybe its be cause fantasias is coming out first ? ... or maybe i was wrong and fantasia has more fans... nah me wrong couldent be lol :rolleyes:

The proof will be when the actual numbers are released. Which I'm sure Famtasia will be well ahead in CD sales. LMAO

seawind
06-05-2004, 09:40 PM
The proof will be when the actual numbers are released. Which I'm sure Famtasia will be well ahead in CD sales. LMAO

sure u just keep thinking that ;) dianas at 11th and fantasias holding 4th dont worry all u diana fans were coming back.. lol :rolleyes:

DBackFan
06-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Well today Fantasia has slipped to 11 and Diana at 23. You have to realize a LOT of Diana' fans are her classmates and other people her age who don't have credit cards to buy online. Wal Mart is who we should track..lol

seawind
06-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Well today Fantasia has slipped to 11 and Diana at 23. You have to realize a LOT of Diana' fans are her classmates and other people her age who don't have credit cards to buy online. Wal Mart is who we should track..lol

u got a point there im one of those ppll her age danggit wherez a credit card when u need one lol my mom would get it but she dosent like to buy online lol

harloo
06-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Fantasia is such an entertainer the album sales will surely come. I don't necessarily call what Diana does, "TALENT". I think she is popular and that will be enough for her to sell. I just watched her performance of the horrific song Tamyra Gray wrote and Diana really buthered the song throughout. Fantasia gave life to the dull song and put so much feeling into it. I still don't like the song though. Tamyra needs to stop writing music. :rolleyes: :(

BTW, Tamyra Gray needs to let the singing go and take up curling. When she came on to sing in the final she had the shakes. :eek:

Kelly was great. She sounded so good, but if she sings Miss Independent live run for cover. God is she bloody awful singing that song.

Anyways, I know you guys will disagree with me but Diana was really lucky to get to the finals. Amy, Jennifer, and Latoya were 3 who could of taken that spot. Anyways, I know Diana's fans are in denial but she seriously needs to work on her voice. Maybe take some lessons, otherwise she will end up being like alot of pop stars who sound terrible live.

Well maybe that's what the public want's these days. :cool: :rolleyes:

Crick
06-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Fantasia is such an entertainer the album sales will surely come. I don't necessarily call what Diana does, "TALENT". I think she is popular and that will be enough for her to sell. I just watched her performance of the horrific song Tamyra Gray wrote and Diana really buthered the song throughout. Fantasia gave life to the dull song and put so much feeling into it. I still don't like the song though. Tamyra needs to stop writing music. :rolleyes: :(

BTW, Tamyra Gray needs to let the singing go and take up curling. When she came on to sing in the final she had the shakes. :eek:

Kelly was great. She sounded so good, but if she sings Miss Independent live run for cover. God is she bloody awful singing that song.

Anyways, I know you guys will disagree with me but Diana was really lucky to get to the finals. Amy, Jennifer, and Latoya were 3 who could of taken that spot. Anyways, I know Diana's fans are in denial but she seriously needs to work on her voice. Maybe take some lessons, otherwise she will end up being like alot of pop stars who sound terrible live.

Well maybe that's what the public want's these days. :cool: :rolleyes:
Fantasia is #22 this morning (6/07/08), Tamara at #46, and Dianna at #47.
I don't pre-order. I'll wait until the release. Then go to Wal-Mart or Target to buy the CD. Wait until the total sales figures are released from pre-ordered and store to see what the public thinks. I agree that Amy and Jennifer were better but not that impressed with LaToya's personality.

Crick
06-15-2004, 07:22 AM
June 15, 2004...Fantasia is #10, Tamara is #74, and Dianna isn't in the top 100.

DBackFan
06-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Diana is actually # 27 and WAS in the top 100 even the other day BUT what will really be the "tell all" is LONGEVITY, we'll see.

Crick
06-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Diana is actually # 27 and WAS in the top 100 even the other day BUT what will really be the "tell all" is LONGEVITY, we'll see.

You must have really preordered sales because Dianna wasn't there the other day. I double checked to make sure. :D

This morning (6-18) Fantasia is still #10 and Dianna is at #33. Looks like every Ray Charles CD is one the top 100. Guess it has to do with him passing away. At least Fantasia is holding steady while Dianna is all over the board.

Hi_Ya!
06-19-2004, 09:14 PM
ITA! The song was for the winner of AI........not the winner and runner up. JMO :)
I know?! I was discussing the same thing with Crick when we found out what songs were going to be on their single CD's and we couldn't figure out why they were both releasing the same song also? :confused:

Right now Fantasia is at #7 and Diana is at #28.

Hi_Ya!
06-22-2004, 08:46 PM
I bought Fanasia's CD single today and it's Fantastic!!! :D

DBackFan
06-30-2004, 09:15 PM
I got Diana's to day and its DYNAMITE. That girl can sing.

....also Diana has moved up to # 10!!

harloo
07-01-2004, 06:55 PM
got fantasia's single and it's really great. :D

I heard Diana's single and it's amazing what they can do in the studio. :eek:

EricsnKy
07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Neither of them are receiving any radio play here. I've heard Fantasia's version of I believe on the radio once, and that is it. I am really a fan of both of them. They are both so talented in their own ways. I really do love Diana's version of I Believe & Dreams however.

I think a few of this years top 12 will be huge, Fantasia included. I see Diana having success but I do not think it will be long term, not in the pop scene anyhow.

I really really hope to see/hear more of Amy Adams - she had an awesome voice and dynamite personality ! I am going to see the idol's on tour show August 3rd (my birthday!!) I can't wait !

Hi_Ya!
07-11-2004, 10:26 PM
I am going to see the idol's on tour show August 3rd (my birthday!!) I can't wait !
Have fun and Happy Birthday early! :D