PDA

View Full Version : Im in the doghouse.........and Im irritated, but its my own fault

cpbaby
05-28-2004, 03:29 PM
And OF COURSE, its all MY fault!

Ok, it really IS my fault, but still.

In KY vehicle licenses have to be renewed by the end of the owners birth month. Well, my DH's b-day is in May, so we had two vehicles that had to get tags this month. I waited until today(last day of the month, technically) to go up there. Well, I cant find the stupid proof of insurance. I remember when they came in the mail because I thought "OH, I will put that RIGHT HERE until the old ones expire............" Well, RIGHT HERE is gone. I cant find them, not the letter, not the envelope, not the insurance cards, not ANYTHING.

Anyother time I would call the insurance company and just drop by and pick up new temporary insurance cards. (I do it alot) Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, their computer system is down and I cant get new cards. BUT they will write me a letter stating YES I do have insurance. Nope, DMV wont take the letter. It has to be the cards or nothing. SOOOoooo, I have to wait until TUESDAY(since Monday is a holiday) to get them renewed.

The DH isnt happy. After all I planned this to happen. I sent the insurance company a virus so the network shut down and I called the DMV and had them change the rules so they wont take a letter and last, but certainly not least, I threw the cards away on purpose, just to torment my DH. We have two other vehicles, one I drive and one he normally drives so its not like he is without a vehicle, but OF COURSE he was planning on driving one of these un-licensed vehicles on Tuesday. He was fussing and whining and I told him that if he didnt shut up, from now on, it will be his job. ALL OF IT! Making sure the insurance is paid, making sure the cards are where they need to be, making sure the cards are in the vehicles(no, we have no cards in the vehicles either), and taking off work in time to go to the DMV before it closes. (He didnt appreciate that one bit)

Oh well, life goes on and he needs to get a grip. I will take care of it Tuesday. I called the ins company at 4:50 and the computers had just came back up, but the DMV closed at 4 pm so it didnt matter. They have already printed my cards out and they are waiting on me for Tuesday.

DivineMsDi
05-28-2004, 03:33 PM
I guess men never make mistakes....sometimes my dh is like this. He will have nothing to do with bill paying or paperwork then out of the blue he will say to me, "Have you seen (a particular piece of paper)?" When I say, I don't know, he will just say I never bother to keep records straight or something.

Hope you have a good weekend despite being human....lol...

twinkiesmom
05-28-2004, 03:55 PM
Hope you have a good weekend despite being human....lol...
lol aint that the truth? In MI, we hafta keep proof of ins in the vehicle at all times, cuz if it's not and you are pulled over, doesn't matter if u have ins - . . . . you will get a fine if that proof of ins in not in your vehicle. So as soon as it comes in the mail . . . I hightail it to the vehicle.

I've done what u did before. And yes, dh needs to get a grip. Maybe it's time for him to do the bills for a month. My dh never did bills, but now . . . he's doing them for a month. He always seemed to know what came in, so we have all this money right? lol He never knew what went out . . . . so he's doing em. He finally realized we still live paycheck to paycheck.

suprtruckr
05-28-2004, 04:25 PM
I guess men never make mistakes....
http://notaperv.homestead.com/files/big_silly.gif NOT ALL MEN LOL ;)

git outta that doghouse ;)

cpbaby
05-28-2004, 04:53 PM
In MI, we hafta keep proof of ins in the vehicle at all times, cuz if it's not and you are pulled over, doesn't matter if u have ins - . . . . you will get a fine if that proof of ins in not in your vehicle. So as soon as it comes in the mail . . . I hightail it to the vehicle.

TECHNICALLY, we are supposed to have it in the vehicle too, BUT if you get a ticket for no insurance, as long as you take your card to the courthouse showing you had insurance both before and after the date of the ticket, they let it slide. They only actually enforce the fine part if you have to go to court for something else, like DUI or "improper equipment"(whatever THAT means :confused: )

Now hes sulling. :rolleyes: God knows I have NOTHING to keep up with, between the 10 yr old and Little League, the 4 1/2 month old and daycare, workings 7:20 till 4:00 M-T and 7:20 till noon on Fridays AND taking classes. Plus the various cooking, cleaning, washing clothes, bathing kidlets and ...ahem...."keeping him happy" chores around here. :rolleyes:

Guess which "chore" isnt getting done this weekend if he continues to sull........hehehehehe

twinkiesmom
05-28-2004, 05:05 PM
They just started that proof of ins law this year in MI and I believe that I've heard if you go show proof, they will let it slide. And u already have enuf on your plate CPBaby, between work, kidlets and household - you are allowed a mistake or 2!!

OMG, Suprtruckr - I love your siggy!!

suprtruckr
05-28-2004, 05:25 PM
OMG, Suprtruckr - I love your siggy!!
LOL thanky ma'am ;)

MamaFairal
05-28-2004, 05:50 PM
Thats why the men make us "WOMAN" go do these errand such as DVM/Groceries/ pay bills...because they would NEVER remember to do them!

Angel Lips
05-28-2004, 06:25 PM
LOL so sounds like my BF. he didnt put his updated insurance card in the car *even though i reminded him over n over* well he got pulled over for spending not only did he get fined for that but for not having his updated insurance card...he learned his lesson. sorry ur in the dog house, its a simple mistake we all do that.

bell_peaches
05-28-2004, 07:00 PM
suprtruckr thanks that was the first time i chuckled all day you described men perfectly

justme23
05-28-2004, 08:26 PM
Is it just me or is that atleast one of the 'life chores' hubbys should be doing themselves? I couldn't even get registration stickers for our car if I wanted to cause my name isn't on the title. My grandmother does it for their company cars so I don't know why they won't let me do it for just a privately owned car. Anyways, I assure you, I'd let him sull all weekend and then he could get up off his rear on Tuesday and go do it himself... if I remember correctly, his only real responsibility is his job and getting up at the crack of dawn to drink coffee (maybe I've missed a few posts here and there... I'm sure he does lots for his family)... so let him sit there and act like a jerk all weekend and come Tuesday morning you can inform him that he has errands to do and not to be late!

That's just me... if he knew it had to be done and he knows you are not superwoman then the least he could have done is got his own registration cards!

sorry for the edit... I didn't know one of the words I typed was filtered!

queenangie
05-28-2004, 09:09 PM
This will all blow over....it's a minor annoyance at best.

Was the bank robbed?
Was someone hospitalized?
Was someone killed?

No. No. No.

Tell DH just to get over it and enjoy the weekend.

Sending ya'll warm hugs!

cpbaby
05-28-2004, 09:16 PM
I couldn't even get registration stickers for our car if I wanted to cause my name isn't on the title. My grandmother does it for their company cars so I don't know why they won't let me do it for just a privately owned car. ........................................ if I remember correctly, his only real responsibility is his job and getting up at the crack of dawn to drink coffee (maybe I've missed a few posts here and there... I'm sure he does lots for his family)... so let him sit there and act like a jerk all weekend and come Tuesday morning you can inform him that he has errands to do and not to be late!

Well, here ANYONE can go get the stickers as long as they show the proof of insurance and have the money. I may send my MIL after them, she will be glad to be "needed". The worst part of him going to get them is he would have to take a "point" at work for leaving early. After 3 points, he gets suspended for a day WITHOUT PAY. I have to leave early Tuesday anyway because its time for my yearly pap(YUCK!).

And, yeah, I dont think youve missed a whole lot. Thats pretty much what he does, except he DOES keep the cars up(changes the oil and such) and mows. I havent done yard work in YEARS. He even works out the flower beds if I tell him whats a weed and what isnt. I really dont mind usually, but I know I am not the worlds most organized person, I dont need him reminding me of it. Especially when he is no better. I know within the first month after I die(God Forbid!) all utilities will be cut off and then within three months, the bank will foreclose on the house.

OH, and he STILL wont know where the insurance cards or OR what insurance company we have insurance through.

SouthOSane
05-29-2004, 01:30 AM
One more thing on the ever growing list....least that's how I see things anymore..things happen, a day or so shouldn't be a problem..ya know everybody, no matter what, has lots to do and things do slip thru, part of being human..and if all else ever fails just blame me :D Lord knows everyone else is :p :D :cool: :eek: ;)

iluvmybaby
05-30-2004, 07:42 AM
Thats how my hubby was, I NEVER did anything right, not cooking, not laundry, when something went wrong of course I was at fault, I control all outside circumstances with my mere thoughts. My statement is, stop doing things for him if he doesnt start acting grateful, let him handle his own crap and he will realize how lucky he his. Or get a new hubby :p Better yet get a cat, they require less maintence