PDA

View Full Version : Okie dokie, my first vent ebay related...

galeane29
05-27-2004, 02:23 PM
Ok so I go to ebay a lil bit ago and see I have a new feedback. I sold a PS2 game for $8 and s/h was $4. The man that left the feedback is complaining that I charged $4 but it was only $1.84 to ship. Well the package WAS only $1.84 to ship but then I had forgotten to add the delivery conformation which is like $0.45 then the envi to mail it in. Ok another delima...I say in ALL of my auctions I ONLY accept PAYPAL...the guy bids on the item then asks me if I would take a personal check , (for one thing he hasnt even been a memeber of ebay for 1 month yet ) I told him no I'm sorry but I cannot do that , then he emails me again saying he doesnt have a paypal acct. and if I would accept a money order, Ok I break down and say yes. Meanwhile he mailed me the money order and I live 4 hours away from the bank I have a checking account at ( did'nt ever change banks when I moved 4 yrs ago) So, I have to mail the check to my bank , thats like $0.37 or what ever a stamp is worth now...sooo that comes to $3.66...shoot me I over charged by 33 cents. Its my first neg well its not neg he made a pos. feedback but put in where I over charged. I want to send him a lil snip of a response....Should I ...or am I wrong on my part ?

freeby4me
05-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Well if you put "Shipping and Handling" then No, Its expected. But if you put down "Buyer to pay shipping" then shipping should have been exact. I would just leave it as is and if anyone else in the future asks just tell them why. You could leave feedback saying you broke down and accepted the Money order when you didnt have to sense that wasnt something you usually expect.

LuvBigRip
05-27-2004, 02:27 PM
If you had that shipping was 4.00 in your listing, then that is what shipping is. If they don't like it, don't bid. I know I don't bid on alot of things there, due to the cost of shipping. Most are fair, but there are some who want 5.95 std shipping on any item. The game sellers are some of the worst. I would respond if it were me. Explaining that shipping was stated in your listing, if that was the case.

zitra
05-27-2004, 02:38 PM
If you did not state shipping AND handling in your auction, then you should charge ONLY actual shipping. If you stated handling charges would apply, then I would respond, and say that it stated in the auction you were charging for handling.

galeane29
05-27-2004, 02:40 PM
I ship all my stuff through Paypal and at home and on the mailing label you don't have to show the price of shipping.. Which I like.. And I always state in my auctions Shipping and handling..
I was doing that for awhile but now i'm having problems with my printer, cant hardly find the ink for it anymore(its old ) I am looking for a newer one.

galeane29
05-27-2004, 02:42 PM
If you did not state shipping AND handling in your auction, then you should charge ONLY actual shipping. If you stated handling charges would apply, then I would respond, and say that it stated in the auction you were charging for handling.
I put S/H or shipping and handling charges will be XXX in every auction.

Candice
05-27-2004, 03:23 PM
I don't think it matters if you say shipping will be... or if you say shipping and handling will be...
since you said the amount was $4, when he bid, he agreed to pay it. It doesn't matter if it cost 37 cents to mail, he agreed to the $4 when he placed his bid. And... don't worry about it so much, he left a positive.. so, it doesn't hurt your feedback. Most people on eBay know they have to pay the amount listed on the auction, regardless of how much actual shipping is. Like others said, just respond to his feedback. Something like, "Buyer agreed to pay shipping amount listed in auction." I dunno, but... I've been having a tough time with eBay lately myself. Hope your next transaction is better! :p

galeane29
05-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Thanks ya'll , I was having a horrible day yesturday, for example ~ migraines, kids home from school, 2 yr old DS doesnt talk, he screams at the top of his lungs and my oldest DS (12 yrs old) was just diagnosed with migraines himself , he is away at camp and i'm so worried about him , when he is home and hurts so bad he passes out , luckily he will be home tomorrow night( we have another appt. with the neurologist June 2nd to find out what is causing the migraines). Anywhoo I guess when the man left the comment in my feedback it just rubbed me the wrong way and I decided to ask in here before I went to venting on him....lol Thanks for the advice and comments. I think today will be better:)

schsa
05-28-2004, 07:44 AM
Regardless of what he says the actual postage was, he agreed to the $4 which included everything that you stated. The statement is "Shipping and Handling" not postage. He needs to get a grip. If you aren't willing to pay the price don't bid. I would definately respond to his message with a breakdown of the total charges and include gas money.

catdance
05-28-2004, 12:45 PM
All the above messages are correct, but learn this, people try to get out of everything..all the time, but in the future, I would make sure on your follow up E-mails to complete the deal, which was won anyways, although on my sales sites, it is a FLAT $6.00, some people add much more, because of my time to wrap, ship, pay for GAS, goodness knows, that is such an issue and the fact the postage has risen and the rules, ie: media mail, is being enforced like crazy...that, the buyer has bought it for "X" amount of money and the shipping total, is just what you asked for, then if this is a dispute, there really wouldn't be one, you already had it stated, and happily he changed hois feedback, as that is really important, at ebay and other places as well, alos you would then have the right to A). rebuttle his feedback to you, and B)> leave negative for him...
Hope that helped..maybe?

amysusi
05-28-2004, 02:27 PM
OK, I'm having a similar situation. A couple weeks ago, I bought something from ebay. The seller only stated shipping (no handling) and said it was high because of the item. It sounded about right to me, so I bid & won. I also payed additional for the insurance (optional). I figured with a shipping rate that high, it would at least come to me more secure. This person sent the item taped up in a paper grocery sack, that was ripped half open by the time i got it (the mailman put it in my hands himself because of the insurance sticker). Also, I know it didn't cost any gas money because they printed a label and sent it from home (let me know this was how they did it).
I left positive feedback, but with a note about the shipping ( I totally loved the thing I bought). Then I checked the feedback they left others, and the last 4 were all negative (they had a very good feedback record given to them). The most recent was because the buyer said something negative even though it was a positive rating.

I agreed to that shipping charge and I payed it. I don't agree with what they did. Actual shipping charges we're about 1/2 of what I paid (unless DC costs about $4). The paper sack she got for free when she went grocery shopping.

Do you think it was a rip off?
I'm not going to do anything, I got what I wanted and am totally delighted - all for less than what I could've gotten in a store (and I haven't even been able to find them in a store this year).

DivineMsDi
05-28-2004, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=galeane29]. Ok another delima...I say in ALL of my auctions I ONLY accept PAYPAL...the guy bids on the item then asks me if I would take a personal check , (for one thing he hasnt even been a memeber of ebay for 1 month yet ) I told him no I'm sorry but I cannot do that , then he emails me again saying he doesnt have a paypal acct. and if I would accept a money order, Ok I break down and say yes.

Here is my 2 cents...I've read a lot of ebay how to books...First off, you were honest in stating your shipping charges. If people don't want to pay that, then too bad...shipping is part of the auction. According to one book I read, you will ALWAYS have people who complain about shipping. They like to chip you down on everything. So I suggest you have your flat fee and just state it in the space and let them understand (even if you have to email them over and over) that is your policy.

Secondly DON'T take a check. I would think this is an easy way to be ripped off. (I trust no one when it comes to $$$). If the guy or someone wants the item THAT BADLY they will find someone w/paypal or some other means of paying that you accept.

All in all, selling something is not worth all that effort if someone is going to be a jerk of a buyer.

justmehere
05-28-2004, 09:26 PM
I have heard alot of sellers now a days are getting replies from buyers on...no paypal...can you take a check.??? I feel if they arent smart enough to read your auction rules.. they prolly aint smart enough to write a check, or money order, LOL
Anyways.. if the shipping is to high for me then I dont bid,

As far as the guy paying with paypal i agree...I'm sure he prolly knows a person with paypal account and he could of paid them and they could of paid you thru paypal...I did this for my nephew.. he was waiting on his paypal to open his account, mean while he ask me what he should do ...send MO or check...I let him use my paypal of course in my name...I even confirmed this transaction with an explaination to the seller... all went great and nephew got his item.

It scares me to even think about selling on Ebay :(