PDA

View Full Version : Deadwood - HBO

justme23
05-26-2004, 04:22 AM
Anybody else watch Deadwood? I watched the first couple episodes just to see what all the fuss was about and then I went and did alot of research online about the real Deadwood and found out that the show (for the most part) is historically accurate. I've never been much of a history person but I'm definitely obsessed w/ things that occured during the time this is set. It is, w/out a doubt, a very 'in your face' show... It is no where near as bad as Oz (in my opinion...and I like that show too) but it is definitely bloody and dirty.

Anyways, I grew up on John Wayne and their totally moral way of dealing w/ things from that time and really didn't think I'd like Deadwood... but turns out, it's a really good show if you can stand a lot of cussing, murdering and the occasional nudity... so am I the only one?

CHERNL
05-26-2004, 05:48 AM
Nope--I LOVE Jane! The way she talked to Charlie about his frock coat episode before last was priceless! I hope she comes back...

justme23
05-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Nope--I LOVE Jane! The way she talked to Charlie about his frock coat episode before last was priceless! I hope she comes back...

Me too!!!

She's actually the one character that isn't mostly historically correct, apparently she did dress as men did on occasion and was a drinker and curser, but she was more of a lady most of the time... well, a woman, not a lady, she worked as a whore when she needed the money... but I like her this way, i hope they don't change her.

melsh
05-26-2004, 05:21 PM
I love this show (seen all of them), especially Jane.