PDA

View Full Version : Soap scum on tub???

nosamiam
05-25-2004, 12:53 PM
How do you clean a tub that has alot of soap scum???

I found this... To get nasty soap scum and dirt off your tub or shower, put a little baby oil in a spray bottle and mix with water (1 part baby oil to 4 parts water). Spray mixture on a section and wipe off with a sponge. When you're done, spray with a disinfectant cleaner to make sure all germs are killed.

Does anyone know a better way???

TIA

Muki
05-25-2004, 01:27 PM
I like the scrubbing bubbles - but I but the generic brand at Walmart - uses very little and after just 30 seconds it all wipes right away ... and disinfests as it cleans :)

schsa
05-25-2004, 01:29 PM
I fill the tub with hot water and pour in some bleach. If bleach won't eat it, nothing will.

nosamiam
05-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the advice! I think I will try the bleach first since I have that here already.

Lora_1994
05-25-2004, 03:49 PM
if you put shampoo in your tub and let it sit overnight , the next moring it comes off with no problem!

We use that goop or orange glo, then use a washrag or scrub brush after about 10 minutes and comes off easily!!(use a little hot water when scrubbing)

ttistin
05-25-2004, 04:00 PM
I fill the tub with hot water and pour in some bleach. If bleach won't eat it, nothing will.

I do this too, I also put our shower curtian in the water and let it all sit for a while. then wash it all off. Makes the shower curtain come out like new and cleans the tub too :)