PDA

View Full Version : New addition coming soon!! What about this for a name??

ezmoney163
05-24-2004, 06:41 PM
My husband likes this name!!!!

Jaycee Michael Steven D_______

I would like your honest opinions!!!!

:)

rlynn411
05-24-2004, 06:44 PM
It's not awful.....but......sounds a little girlish.....JMO though.

texasgander
05-24-2004, 06:59 PM
I know 2 kids with the name "Jayci" and "Jaci"......both are girls.......plus, Jaycee is like the organization, The Jaycee's.....

tsquared
05-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I say go for it...........

Lora_1994
05-24-2004, 08:04 PM
I think its alright, there are soo many name out there nowadays that are unisex, I dont think anyone really thinks about it. I wouldnt at least. I also like Jaden which is a unisex name, just spelled 2 different ways. Jaiden or Jayden for a girl and Jaden for a boy.

Angel Lips
05-24-2004, 08:06 PM
i like it, i think its cute

Trishntx
05-24-2004, 08:09 PM
I love the name Jayden or Jaden. Too bad I didn't have any girls.
I started to name one of my boys after my dad (Jack Clinton) and call him JC, I guess it would be the same thing, it just sounds like your saying initials.

bell_peaches
05-24-2004, 08:31 PM
IT sound ok unisex but now adays that doesn't matter as long as you love the child thats all that counts congrat good luck

Jolie Rouge
05-24-2004, 08:35 PM
I know 2 kids with the name "Jayci" and "Jaci"......both are girls.......plus, Jaycee is like the organization, The Jaycee's.....

That was my thoughts as well ....

Jason or Jameson ?

Like the Michael Steven part.... Our youngest is Michael Andre` Xavier -----

Speaking as a person given a "unique" name - I hated it. I modified my legal name at the age of 21 ( paid 500 dollars to do so ) still have to correct peoples spelling and/or pronunciation .... :rolleyes: I gave all my children very traditional names .....

kriskay
05-24-2004, 08:35 PM
I think it is a cute name. The only Jaycee I know is a boy. I think they spell it Jacy though.

Mystic32
05-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Sorry EZ...I like the Michael Steven part but the JayCee is just too female. My cuz is jayCee & she is a girl. How about Jordan, or Jaden, or something. JMO you name your darling lil boy whatever you please & don`t worry what other people think. Alot of people didn`t like the name I had chosen for my dot & now people evetywhere are trying to steal it(LOL)

FreeIs4Me
05-24-2004, 09:31 PM
I would NOT do it. I agree with some of the others for a given name, Jaycee is more of a girls name. As far as Jaden I also think that sounds more like a girls name. Then again, I have never heard of or know of any males by either of those names - only female.

If J.C. was short for James Christopher or something, that would be different because it is a nickname.

How many syllables in your last name? Michael Steven is fine with a one or two syllable last name.

JMHO

frooger
05-24-2004, 09:40 PM
Whatever makes you happy to name your child.

Quaker_Parrots
05-25-2004, 03:17 AM
You could always take one of the e's off the end and pronounce it Jace, it sounds kinda cool that way too.

I have an unusual name too, and when people see it written, they always mispronounce it, and I always hated it growing up, (still do) I used to use it for school/ and or work, now I make everyone call me the nick name version of it. (sounds a lot better)

Lori63
05-25-2004, 03:50 AM
I too like Michael Steven, but I wouldn't name a boy Jaycee. Just my opinion. Congrats on the baby-keep us posted.

DivineMsDi
05-25-2004, 04:15 AM
I really think it sounds feminine...

I love unique but not weird names. But in the end it's your kid. On the other hand, do parents have the right to name the kids something "out there?" and start them off on the wrong foot in life? (not saying your name is out there, just my opinion.)

My son is named Alexander. We call him Alex. My dh and I were really going to call him Alexei but then decided it is too weird and uncommon in the USA. It also rhymed too much with our last name. I call him that sometimes as a nickname.

Like I said, in the end it is your decision (and dear hubby's). Good luck. :)

LadyBones
05-25-2004, 04:44 AM
I agree with some of the other's here, I think it sounds to feminin. You can always call him Jay Michael Stevens without the "cee" in it, Now i like the way that sounds together. "Jaycee" is just to girlish sounding i think.

shelhop
05-25-2004, 04:50 AM
You could always take one of the e's off the end and pronounce it Jace, it sounds kinda cool that way too.

I love that suggestion. It sounds more masculine...I actually know a Jace, so maybe that's why.
Whatever you name your beautiful baby boy, congrats!

lassss
05-25-2004, 05:36 AM
sounds too feminine...Jordan Michael sounds good

nanajoanie
05-25-2004, 05:45 AM
We helped nickname our grandson J. C. several years ago. Now he spells it Jay C. J. C. are the first 2 initials of his name and he is all boy and never mistaken for a girl because of his name. :rolleyes:

MrsSpeed
05-25-2004, 06:01 AM

I like that idea.

monii222
05-25-2004, 06:08 AM
I don't think I like the name it does sound a little girly, but you should name your child what you want to and not worry about other people say or think. Maybe if you drop an E it won't look so girly. I also like Jayce pronounced Jace. It is still different. Sorry I don't want to make you mad. Hope that I didn't. But you want us to be honest.
I can't wait for baby, I am soooooo excited.

Jolie Rouge
05-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Don't forget the "Hillbilly Test"

Stand on the back porch and shout the FULL name as loud as you can at least six times .... :D ;) :)

We always knew we were in trouble when we were addressed by our full names :eek:

GAWildKat
05-25-2004, 12:21 PM
I have 3 kids, Victoria Rose, aka Rose
Tomislav Nicholas aka Tomi
Katarina Jagoda (Ya go da) aka Kata
As you see we didn't go with traditional names in the US with the twins, we took the names from Croatia, which is where my husband's family is from. His father wasn't terribly thrilled with our name choices, he felt we should give them American names, but when my dh told his Dad he always hated being named Michael his Dad understood better.

Willow
05-25-2004, 12:49 PM
I don't know if I like it for a boys name. I know a little girl who is named Jacie. It's pronounced the same as Stacey.