PDA

View Full Version : DS#2 Graduation, Our 23rd Wedding Anniv.

queenangie
05-23-2004, 05:36 PM
Big weekend here. DS#1 graduated from h.s. last night. It was a beautiful sunny day and just perfect. David received a surprise award, we were very proud. He had been #4 in his class and moved up to #3. In our book, he'll always be #1!!!!

Big family/friends buffet afterwards at our home and it went very well.
Everything was delicious. Walmart did a great job on the cake.
Had friends here until after 10:00. We were up w/ family until after midnight. My sis & family, elderly parents spent the night for a slumber party.

Made a big breakfast and lunch today. It's our 23rd wedding anniversary on the 23rd. Graduation has taken presidence over it. Maybe we'll celebrate next weekend.

Today has been lots of cleaning, washing, tidying. House is in pretty good shape now. Had Merry Maids come on Friday PM and I teased they should come back after the big weekend. Only need to vac and we're in good shape.

Thanks for sharing in our family's joyful weekend! :)

vicky122
05-23-2004, 05:50 PM
I think you have received your anniversary present already. You both need to be proud of the fine job you did raising your son. You was able to have family and friends to join you in the celerbration. I don't know sounds like a good anniversary to me.

tsquared
05-23-2004, 05:55 PM
I agree with Vicky122 ............You should be mighty proud of your son and his accomplishments in school. Happy Anniversary to you too

Angel Lips
05-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Id be mighty proud of your son if i was you. Its a blessing to watch some graduate, even though i dont have any children myself i know id be blessed when they did graduate. So is he off to college now? Well glad you had a great time. Happy Anniversary as well.

Tasha405
05-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Congrats to your son and Happy Anniversary!! :D

queenangie
05-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Thank you for your good wishes!

It was just a super weekend. Hard to imagine David going to college in August allready.

nanajoanie
05-24-2004, 07:38 AM
Congrats to the graduate :) Happy Anniversary to Mom and Dad :) And what a wonderful thing to read about a terrific teenager with doing such a wonderful job in school :)