PDA

View Full Version : Our Tree Got Struck By Lightning!!!

MistyWolf
05-22-2004, 08:36 AM
We had a storm blow through here yesterday afternoon, and lightning struck one of our cottonwood trees .. it is now laying across our backyard and is resting on top of the neighbors garage! The patio also got smashed as well as part of our chain link fence. It is kind of an amazing site and I still can't believe the tree is lying in our backyard!

Thank God no one was hurt cause the tree is pretty big. Now we are waiting on tree estimates and insurance claims.

rlynn411
05-22-2004, 09:40 AM
Glad to hear no one hurt! We have cottonwood trees in the field behind our house and they are huge!. Will have to admit I wouldn't be to crushed if a storm took these ones out....bad thing is we know if one ever comes down it will head towards the houses.....these trees are a pain when you have a pool...comes in a 3 stage mess for several weeks. The cottonwood is really flying today!

Angel Lips
05-22-2004, 10:19 AM
glad no one was hurt, we had a tree fall in our back yard years ago, except it didnt land on the house landed on my dad truck. good luck with the estimates and insurance claims.

bell_peaches
05-22-2004, 10:26 AM
I am so glad nobody was hurt. Hope insurace claims go fast and easy for you.

nanajoanie
05-22-2004, 11:13 AM
Mother Nature is amazing. A tree takes so many years to grow to where it finally gives shade and then ZAP!! In the blink of an eye Mother Nature blows it down. Glad no one was hurt...

mamalamas
05-22-2004, 01:11 PM
You can always call your buddy Fred for tree removal ... lmao ...

... at least it did not stop you from having fun last night :)

And I am glad you guys were not hurt by the tree!

tsquared
05-22-2004, 02:32 PM
Glad no one was hurt..............

MistyWolf
05-23-2004, 07:34 AM
Thanks everyone .. we've had a few people come out for estimates. And the neighbors are getting in touch with their insurance people as well.

And NO mama, I will not have Fred come remove my tree .. lol .. I'd try to do it myself first!!! .. That would be a site huh?

And our cottonwoods haven't gotton to the cotton stage yet, but that will be soon .. I want the others one gone now .. lol .. We've cut one, one Mother Nature took care of and now we have one left :( .. lol .. they are the worst trees!

texasgander
05-23-2004, 04:50 PM
So glad no one was hurt!!!!