PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been Hypnotized and did it work?

sprintx
05-16-2004, 07:52 PM
I know some people have it for smoking, weight loss, pain etc. I just want to know if it works or not? :)

bears984
05-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Yes I have for smoking and no it did not work

kysmoores
05-16-2004, 09:13 PM
I was hypnotized to stop smoking. It didn't work. I thought it was a big scam. They charged around fifty dollars to get hypnotized but then tried to sell me herbal remedies for smoking and weight loss. They were much more interested in selling me things than helping me quit smoking.

Angel Lips
05-17-2004, 06:01 AM
Hmm I Guess It Doesnt Work Than, I Havent Tried It But Seen It On Tv Talk Shows And You Can Kinda Tell Its Set Up...oh Well

Willow
05-17-2004, 06:04 AM
I had gone to a regression therapist twice but it was not to stop smoking or lose weight. During the first two sessions she just had me do what she called relaxation exercises. She said that probably by the third or fourth session she would attempt to hypnotize me but she ended up getting transfered to an office that was over an hour away so I had to stop seeing her.

DaLilPeachy
05-17-2004, 10:33 AM
did hypnotherapy for the pain of child birth

didn't come close to working

catssass
05-17-2004, 10:52 AM
My Mom and I had the best time when we went to one of those "Hypnotherapy Seminars" first we had to throw away our cigs, then do a bunch of relaxation exercises. we had to lay on the floor with about a hundred people and her and I got such a case of the giggles, I mean the kind with tears and practically wetting our pants, when it was over, we were laughing so hard, they tried to sell us a bunch of stuff, but the only thing we wanted to buy was a couple of packs of cigarettes, which we found in a vending machine in the lobby, hey.. we didn't smoke during the WHOLE seminar...lol :)

buttrfli
05-17-2004, 10:56 AM
They had a hypnotist at my old job several years back. We had some big deal about beciming the best we can be (LOL) and the guy tried to hypnotize me, but it didn't work. The guy told me that there is only a very small percentage of people that can truley be hypnotized and apparently no one at my jo was one of them. LOL

After seeing the movie Stir of Echoes, I'm glad I can't be put under... very creepy :eek:

girlwithsoul
05-17-2004, 11:01 AM
My mom smoked for over 30 years and got hypnotized to quit. She had to do it twice but it worked. She's now been smoke free for 5+ years! :D