PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! I hate doing this all by myself!!!!

bribella
05-16-2004, 06:35 AM
My Dad and stepmom are flying in for a visit next weekend and my house is total disaster! As soon as I get something clean and orderly either the kids or DH messes it up again. I havent seen them in over a year so I am really excited to see them. But I'm tired of having to do everything myself. I have 2 porches that still need to be cleaned, 3 bedrooms, 2 closets, 1 bathroom, a kitchen , living room , and dining room. Not to mention the million loads of laundry that must be done and the neverending pile of dishes!!!!!!! And of course DH leaves to go fishing as usual, when I ask him to help me he says they are your parents not mine. Yet when we lived in WA and HIS parents came out to visit for a week and stayed with us I had to clean the house myself. At least my parents will be in a hotel. Anyone else have a problem with getting their DH's to do so-called "womens work"?

LadyBones
05-16-2004, 06:43 AM
On very rare occasions my DH will help, But like i said it's rare!!! I have 3 boys ages 18, 13 and 9 and the 9 year old helps me the most!!! I think it's a male thing when it comes to chores! because they all hate dishes to clean ( like we love it) they can't pick up the sweeper, or clean the bathrooms...It's such a tramatic thing for them to help me. But when they need something it's "MOM CAN I HAVE? I'LL CLEAN THE SUCH AND SUCH" Oh i just want to kill them when i hear that...lol But let me tell ya My oldest son will do his own laundry because when he was 10 years old he would never give me his dirty clothes and i got tired of it and did'nt do it, so i taught him how to do his own laundry and he has been doing it ever since...lol
Hon if i lived closer to you i would help you out before your parents get there :) But since i can't have everyone clean one room and you should have everything done before they get there. Good Luck!

buttrfli
05-16-2004, 06:50 AM
I go on strike. If everyone starts slacking, so do I... they will have no breakfast, no clean clothes... nothing until they get back on track. My girlsdo their own laundry. I don't dirty it, I don't clean it. They also clean their own bathroom (as best they can, I use the cleaners) they vacuum and rinse dishes off so I can ut them in the dishwasher. DH has his things to do as well, but I won't even think of cooking until everything is done lol

bribella
05-16-2004, 06:52 AM
On very rare occasions my DH will help, But like i said it's rare!!! I have 3 boys ages 18, 13 and 9 and the 9 year old helps me the most!!! I think it's a male thing when it comes to chores! because they all hate dishes to clean ( like we love it) they can't pick up the sweeper, or clean the bathrooms...It's such a tramatic thing for them to help me. But when they need something it's "MOM CAN I HAVE? I'LL CLEAN THE SUCH AND SUCH" Oh i just want to kill them when i hear that...lol But let me tell ya My oldest son will do his own laundry because when he was 10 years old he would never give me his dirty clothes and i got tired of it and did'nt do it, so i taught him how to do his own laundry and he has been doing it ever since...lol
Hon if i lived closer to you i would help you out before your parents get there :) But since i can't have everyone clean one room and you should have everything done before they get there. Good Luck!
Thanks, My kids are 5-2-1 so usually my DS(5) will help me by picking up and cleaning his room. I can usually get my 2yr old to help a little but sometimes with kids that young it's not worth the hassle to have them help me clean. maybe I'll have to stop cooking DH dinner or getting up with him at 4:30 am and getting him ready for work. The only thing my husband has to do is get up and go to work and come home, I get his clothes readt for him , make his lunch, gather up the things he needs for work like his wallet-keys ect. I don't do it because I HAVE to, I do it because I want to and I like spending time with him in the morning before he goes to work and the kids are sleeping. So since I do everything else and I am dead serious when I say that. I take care of the kids, clean , cook, make sure the bills get paid, run the errands, schedule the appts., do the grocery shopping. I would think that DH could at least pitch in one weekend a month and help me out. I'm tired and stressed.

LadyBones
05-16-2004, 06:58 AM
Thanks, My kids are 5-2-1 so usually my DS(5) will help me by picking up and cleaning his room. I can usually get my 2yr old to help a little but sometimes with kids that young it's not worth the hassle to have them help me clean. maybe I'll have to stop cooking DH dinner or getting up with him at 4:30 am and getting him ready for work. The only thing my husband has to do is get up and go to work and come home, I get his clothes readt for him , make his lunch, gather up the things he needs for work like his wallet-keys ect. I don't do it because I HAVE to, I do it because I want to and I like spending time with him in the morning before he goes to work and the kids are sleeping. So since I do everything else and I am dead serious when I say that. I take care of the kids, clean , cook, make sure the bills get paid, run the errands, schedule the appts., do the grocery shopping. I would think that DH could at least pitch in one weekend a month and help me out. I'm tired and stressed.

Oh honey i have been in your shoes when my boys were that young!!! Like you i take care of my DH cause i enjoy doing it for him, I have even started his shower for him ;) Is there any girlfriends you have that can help you out this week? then after your parents leave treat your friends for lunch for helping you out. If not just grab a room for a day and clean it, and tell your little ones that they have to pick up thier toys when they are done playing because grandma and grandpa are comeing and we want a nice house to show them :D

freeby4me
05-16-2004, 07:12 AM
Theres no reason why he couldnt have stayed home today and helped you :( I guess he doesnt need dinner tonight or some "Dessert" :D

queenangie
05-16-2004, 07:21 AM
My advise is this:
Have a glass of wine. Set a timer for yourself 5 or 10 minutes only. Work on one room. Set a time 5 or 10 minutes and go to another room. In one hour, things won't be perfect, but will look more presentable. Do NOT do the closets at this time.
Your parents really want to see you, not the house.
Hugs,
Angie