PDA

View Full Version : I am so tired of the pain!!!

gal3m
05-15-2004, 07:30 PM
I have fibromyalgia and RA and I am in pain every freaking day!! This is one of those days that I am just SICK OF IT!! I am so angry that I have both of these diseases and wonder what I did to deserve this. My neck has hurt everyday for the past four months and my hips and legs are a close second. I just want to scream. I spend so much freaking money on medication and it's not helping. Well, it helps me sleep at least. If I didn't take it, I wouldn't get any sleep. My doctor said I am already on the highest doses on all of them and he won't switch me to anything else. But at least this rhuematologist is better than my last one. The other one wouldn't give me any medication at all. His whole attitude was "Deal with it". Yeah, whatever. And I am so tired of ppl not understanding. They look at me and see that I am fairly young and just assume I am lazy. Even my own mother. GRRR! I would just like ONE pain free day. Just one. Is that too much to ask? One day where I don't have to watch everything I do. I can't stand too long, sit too long, the list is endless. I am just angry, upset and in pain and I want it to go away!!!! :(

peaceluver
05-15-2004, 07:59 PM
((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))) My mom also has fibro.

VALENA-)45
05-15-2004, 08:25 PM
(((((gal3m)))))). Honey, I Know Exactly How You Feel. I Have The Same Illnesses. I Use To Work, Got Hurt On My Job, And It Made My Pains Worse. Please Stay Calm, Getting Upset Makes The Pain Worse, And The Meds., will Not Work. With These Illnesses, They Kind Of Work On The Nerve System, and the muscles. When The Nerve Takes Over Nothing Works. I Am Very Sorry That You Are In So MUch Pain. The Is Pain So Bad, That You Just Get So Mad That You Really Get Tiered Of It. I Know Your Pain All Too Well. Have You Gone To Physical Threapy, If Not, See About Going There. Because Of The Fibro, We Can Not Excersise On Dry Land, Cause We Pull And Strain And Sprain Muscles. At Threapy, They Will Put You In An Auqa-sicer, Which Is A Large Tank Of Water, For You To Exercise In. That Is The Only Way, You Can Strech Your Sore, Aching Muscles. Once You Strat Doing That Three Times A Week, The Pain Won't Be As Bad Anymore. Please Look Into This It Will Help You. Good Luck.

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 08:25 PM
have back problems here and am in constant pain so i feel ya sista :(

Hope you feel better tomorrow or at least less pain

bell_peaches
05-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi I have the same thing but i also have lupus. I moved to florida almost a year ago and husband says we can't afford the health insurance yet so i just have to suffer he doesn't seem to understand I need to see a doctor and get some anti imfamitorys or some thing. I was up all last night also If you can try laying in a tub of hot water for as long as you can It seems to relax the muscles some. It may help. I hope you feel better soon.

mprs
05-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Have been in pain for the past 12 years. KNow the feeling. Can't sit, stand, lie down, do anything for very long. Can no longer drive. Am a prisoner in my own body and the pain never stops. Medication after medication and nothing helps. Just stinking side effects from every one And because pain isn't visible people just look at you like you are either being dramatic or crazy. Will add you to my prayers tonight and hope you have abetter day tomorrow.

gal3m
05-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Thank you all so much for the replies. I think I was just having my own little pity party on Saturday. I stayed in bed most of Sunday but I am doing a little better today.

VALENA-)45- I would love to be able to go to physical therapy but I lost my insurance when I was laid off a few months ago and I make too much money on unemployment to qualify for medicaid, even though it is a pittance of what I was earning.

{{{{Hugs}}}} to everyone who deals with pain.

Angel Lips
05-17-2004, 10:34 AM
*hugs* im sorry for your pain. i hope you feel better soon.

jonette5
05-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Sending ((((HUGS)))). I know how you feel. I have fibro, nerve damage from 4 back surgeries and 8 or 9 bulging disks in my back and neck. PAIN SUCKS! If you can find somewhere to swim a couple times a week, do it. Swimming seems to help my pain some. Hang in there sweetie and we can all keep praying that someday there will be a "magic" pill to make it all better!

schsa
05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Instead of physical therapy, can you join a local pool and swim? Some place like the Y or anywhere that has an indoor pool so that you can exercise without weight? There are all sorts of new drugs out on the market. Keep up with your reading on what's out there because every day there's something else. Are you on Prozac? I understand that they use that for FA. You might also try some Accupuncture when you can afford it. And stress of any sort makes pain much worse.

My BF had gold treatments when he was suffering from RA. It helped tremendously.

VALENA-)45
05-17-2004, 04:14 PM
schsa~what are gold treatments?????

Linz77
05-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Have Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Have been in pain for the past 12 years. KNow the feeling. Can't sit, stand, lie down, do anything for very long. Can no longer drive. Am a prisoner in my own body and the pain never stops. Medication after medication and nothing helps. Just stinking side effects from every one And because pain isn't visible people just look at you like you are either being dramatic or crazy. Will add you to my prayers tonight and hope you have abetter day tomorrow.

I have RSD as well.

queenangie
05-17-2004, 05:09 PM
Wish I could wave a magic wand and take all that horrible, naggy pain away from my BBS friends.
I am an now a firm believer in water therapy in a heated pool. It really helps.

Said a prayer for all of you folks above in discomfort.
God Bless you all!
gentle hugs,
Angie