PDA

View Full Version : OMG she has some nerve (update to the puppy)

gonnascream
05-15-2004, 06:42 AM
We live on a small, one lane road out in the boonies. WE got some neighbors beside us, and some in the front. We tend to get along with everyone. We are sitting out on the front porch the other day, and the neigher boy (about 9 years old) comes down the drive to talk to us. He tells us "I know what happened to your dog" I was like yeah, everyone knows she was hit by the truck. He was like no, ANGEL chased her out in front of the truck. My jaw dropped. ANGEL is this big shepard mix with something wild. Always get in the garbage, growls at you, has chased the next door neighbors GF into the house. He tells us he saw ANGEL snapping at sadie, and chased her right in front of the truck. She was just trying to get back into our yard. DH's blood is boiling. This is the same dog, he has had to pop with BB's cause it get s in the yard, and he's worried it will get one of the girls. He tells us most of the neighbors have already threatened to put the dog down cause they think it is a danger. Dh tells me to sit right there. He walks up to the neighbors house, knocks, and asked the lady if she knew that he dog was causing problems ?? she was like "oh well dogs are going to be dogs" Dh told her flat out it had just cost us one puppy, and if it came in the yard again, then he was going to put it down and dump it in her yard. "well do what you want, it won't matter to me" I guess that shocked him a bit, she has a fenced in backyard, never offered to just keep it back there. Dh just kinda went "whatever " and went to leave. He got halfway down the drive to the road, when she hollered for dh to stop. He turned around, and he was running back out to the house WITH A AVON BOOK !!! :mad: :eek: She started to run it out to him when opps, she dropped it righ in front of him. She was wearing on of those low cut shirts, apparently this one was real low according to DH, cause when she went to pick it up, she ended up flashing him. :eek: DH said she just got the book and was smiling, she noted how hard it was for her to keep ahold of the dog, what whith her being ALL BY HERSELF WITH NOTHING BUT THE KIDS ! (yep she was flirting) Dh said That when he took the book, he grabbed it with the hand that he has the wedding band on, she kinda glared at it, and blurted out, Oh I though that BIG GIRL you live with was your sister (I am hardly a BBW, but im not a bag of bones) He tels her nope, thats my wife, he walks back to the house. He tells me all this, and I about died. THe nerve of this woman. First her dog kills my dog, then she's trying to pick up my husband ???? that woman ain't right in the head.

hotdoglove
05-15-2004, 06:53 AM
wow that is crazy!!!

zitra
05-15-2004, 07:25 AM
If the little boy's parents were willing to let him testify, and you could get your other neighbors that the dog has chased, and they were willign to testify to, I would take them to court, and sue.

freeby4me
05-15-2004, 07:44 AM
Well she gave you permission to do away with the dog, Do it. Obviously that dog cannot be trusted around anyone, Including other animals. Next time the dog comes into your yard, Shoot it. Sad, But obviously what else can you do!

gonnascream
05-15-2004, 07:55 AM
I think tthe next chance I get Im just going to hit it with my car, cover my a$$ and say it was an "accident". Got to remember , this chick ain't right in the head, she may say to go on and put the dog down, then turn around and sue my homeowners insur saying I killed it on purpose.

There are at least 10 people on this road that want that dog taken out. Dh thinks that it may have gotten bite by something, so the dog isn't right now, it acts a lil crazy. bad thing is out in the county, there is no leash law, no dog warden, nothing. Won't do any good to take her to court, she would just say "oh it's not mine". the only thing we can do is put it down.

Funny thing, after our good neighbor next door heard this, she joked if we wanted any anti-freeze meatloaf.

amysusi
05-15-2004, 09:32 AM
:eek::eek::eek:

Is she for real??

llbriteyes
05-15-2004, 09:35 AM
Ok, this just sucks on SO many levels. I don't want to flame, nor do I want flamed, but I feel I have to say this. This is MY opinion only....

First, you complain that this lady won't keep her dog fenced in. Then you turn around and let your dog run loose. Second, dogs are territorial. Even if they're tame. Angel was being a dog. So was yours.

Third, to INTENTIONALLY want to hit this dog with a car horrified me! I mean, what does that say about YOU?

Fourth, if this dog is such a menace, WHY oh WHY hasn't someone called animal control? EVERY county has one.

Linda

Linda

sahmsfreeb
05-15-2004, 09:38 AM
Ok, this just sucks on SO many levels. I don't want to flame, nor do I want flamed, but I feel I have to say this. This is MY opinion only....

First, you complain that this lady won't keep her dog fenced in. Then you turn around and let your dog run loose. Second, dogs are territorial. Even if they're tame. Angel was being a dog. So was yours.

Third, to INTENTIONALLY want to hit this dog with a car horrified me! I mean, what does that say about YOU?

Fourth, if this dog is such a menace, WHY oh WHY hasn't someone called animal control? EVERY county has one.

Linda

Linda
ita... remember what comes around goes around......

just call animal control.. . by doing that you are following the law.... and not breaking it..... and no one ever has to know that it was you that called...

perhaps even that menace of a dog (yes it is a menace) can find a better loving home with proper training! that dog could become the next hero dog! it just needs a chance.... but dont kill it or maim it cause it has idiots for owners.... jmho....

ahippiechic
05-15-2004, 09:56 AM
I think tthe next chance I get Im just going to hit it with my car, cover my a$$ and say it was an "accident".

I don't understand why you would want to hurt a dog, just because the OWNER isn't a responsible pet owner. :( Being hit by a car sounds like a horrible way to die.

llbriteyes
05-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Side note: Unfortunately, not every county has an animal control unit. I live in the country (Mississippi) and we don't have one in our county. And the county I grew up in (Alabama) has never had one either.

There are other "forms" of animal control.... Humane Society, Dog Warden, Wild Animal... Doesn't just have to be animal control. I'm not trying to be mean, but what happens in the case of rabid animals if you don't have some sort of control in your county? Does the Sheriff deal with it?

Linda

Linus1223
05-15-2004, 12:18 PM
You're going to hit a defeneless animal with your car?!?! That's awful! It shouldn't be punished just because it's owner never trained it properlly

I'm sorry for your loss...I hope things get worked out in a CIVIL manner.

hotwheelstx
05-15-2004, 01:09 PM
This is just me.....

I understand that you're hurting and want to retaliate. I think we've ALL BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

I don't think it's "fair" for anyone to do such a thing to any animal.

Better ideas (jmo)

Call animal control if you have one. If not call another county close to you and ask them what to do....see if they can do anything.

Ask other neighbors if they're willing to get up a petition to get rid of the dog....for endangerment to others.

Find out about your leash laws and containing your animals. I'm sure there's some kind of statue in your area....I personally would read up on it and call my local sheriff and inform them about it.

There has to be fines somewhere in your county, town about dogs running lose, endangering others, biting, chasing others.

I'm truly sorry for your loss, really I am. The dog (imo) isn't the REAL THING that needs to be addressed it's the pets owners.

Yes, pets are territorial, need want their own space, hyper....but some behaviors are trained to do.

It's just me....but I personally love all my pets with all my heart. I don't want any of them hurt. I will be damned if I'm going to sit and wait to shoot a poor animal that hasn't been trained any differently to act otherwise.

momfromTN
05-15-2004, 01:30 PM

Linda, when I lived in Indiana about 6 yrs ago, there was not a pound, nor any type of animal control in the county where I lived.

freeby4me
05-15-2004, 01:36 PM
I think alot of "City folk" are suprised by this type of attitude. "Country folk" dont rely on the sherrif's department or an animal control to come take care of a dangerous animal, They take care of it themselves. Its not that shocking nor is there anything wrong with it. If the lady who owns the dog doesnt even care how its disposed of, Why should anyone else? (Not flaming anyone, Just making a point) It would be more cruel to allow the dog to live and endanger other people and animals.

ahippiechic
05-15-2004, 02:24 PM
We had no animal control back home in my small town either. The county sheriff's dept. handled things like that. But if I thought I had to kill an animal for some reason, I'd rather just use my nine and shoot it in the head. Much better than being crushed under a car's wheels.

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 02:29 PM
I think tthe next chance I get Im just going to hit it

My god i can imagine what you would do if a child on your street annoyed you.
Glad i dont live near you!!

Call animal control ok

gonnascream
05-15-2004, 05:48 PM

Call animal control ok

:mad: you just crossed a line with me. First off. you don't live near this animal, second off, I have NEVER hurt a child. THIRD, WHO THE H%LL ARE YOU TO INCINUATE I WOULD ACTUALLY HURT A KID ????

Oh and for the little smart alleck comment that I let my dogs run loose, lady they were in MY FRONT YARD ! THEY HAD NEVER VENTURED OUT INTO THE STREET ! HER DOG CAME IN AND CHASED MY DOG OUT !

I guess when one of your dogs get killed like that, maybe you will understand, till then, Im not coming back on here, it's not worth getting accused by someone that DOES NOT KNOW ME AT ALL :mad:

ahippiechic
05-15-2004, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry, but I had 2 Rottie pups killed and strewn all over my front yard, by a Great Dane that lived down the street from us. But I handled it with the owner, it never crossed my mind go out and try to run over the dog. :(

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 06:17 PM
your brought it on yourself by stating your would "just run the dog down if ya had the chance"......your words no one else's...you typed them no one else did!

So bring it! Bigger and badder have tried and lost :D

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 06:37 PM
He tells us he saw ANGEL snapping at sadie, and chased her right in front of the truck. "She" was just trying to get back into our yard.

your exact words i believe :)

Would "she " be your Sadie who never gets out of the your fenced yard ???

ntgsmommy
05-16-2004, 08:06 AM

Call animal control ok
Actually Mama, to be fair, she wasn't talking about a child, she was talking about a dog...

Originally Posted by gonnascream
I think tthe next chance I get Im just going to hit it

I could never do this however....my dog is almost like my child....

Originally Posted by gonnascream
He tells us he saw ANGEL snapping at sadie, and chased her right in front of the truck. "She" was just trying to get back into our yard.

your exact words i believe

Would "she " be your Sadie who never gets out of the your fenced yard ???
....Good point!!

freeby4me
05-16-2004, 08:11 AM
I think the statement about running over the dog was made out of anger, I do not think she would actually do that. I know she's hurt about her dog but by the sounds of everything she or her husband would go out and shoot the dog quickly so it wouldnt suffer.
Comparing the dog to a child was a little out of line, I do not know anyone no matter how cruel to an animal that would intentinally hit a child. I think that whole idea was a very far stretch. Hitting a dog is cruel compared to shooting it quick, But the dog is the reason one of her "Babies" arent here any longer. She's angry about that and I dont think anyone of us can blame her for it.

MamaFairal
05-16-2004, 12:18 PM
PLEASE!
I am not saying she would hit a child either.....But alot of people consider their pets to be a family member or child like so to say your just gonna "swerve and run it down" just doesnt sit right with me ....sorry!
JMHO

freeby4me
05-16-2004, 12:26 PM
I understand what you're saying Mama, I really do. She had her "Babie" hit by someone because of the direct action of this other dog though. I highly doubt she holds this dog in anywhere near the importance of her dog or even a child. Thats probably why alot of us didnt think of what you said in that manner, Thank you for clearing it up!

Starfox23
05-16-2004, 12:52 PM
I think alot of "City folk" are suprised by this type of attitude. "Country folk" dont rely on the sherrif's department or an animal control to come take care of a dangerous animal, They take care of it themselves. Its not that shocking nor is there anything wrong with it. If the lady who owns the dog doesnt even care how its disposed of, Why should anyone else? (Not flaming anyone, Just making a point) It would be more cruel to allow the dog to live and endanger other people and animals.

Excellent point. ITA. I've lived in a rural area most of my life and when I have problems with an animal, I take care of it. It really sounds like this animal (and a dog is an animal, not just a little simple minded human with fur :rolleyes: ) is a danger to everyone in the area. OP, do what you have to do.

*puts on flame armor*

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 01:16 PM
I am going to clear some things up considering a few on here
have taken my words and twisted them around to make me look
like a bad person, then insinuate Im some type of child abuser.

1. Sadie & Samara were in MY yard, within 3 feet of my front
porch. Matthew (lives next door) saw angel (the BAD dog) come
into MY yard, growl & snap at the 2 pups, and chase sadie.
He chased her into the road TRYING to get away. She was hit
when she went to go back into our yard. If Angel had not came onto
MY property, Then this would not have happened.

2. MY property is not fenced. I never said it was.

3. The owner of the dog has already said TO KILL THE DOG.
Now if she does NOT care what happenes to it, Why should I ?
Why should I go through the trouble of finding somebody to take
it when she won't ?? She had told many people many times just to
kill it. After this I have no problem doing so.

4. In this part of the county I live in, there is no game warden,
catcher, animal control. If you need to have an animal picked up,
you must pay for it. It has cost me enough, I won't pay another
dime.

5. I have never hurt a kid in my life. That statement went way too
far. I have heard / and seen this dog attack just about everything
neighborhood. Now when it goes to attack your kid, are you going to
welcome that beast with loving liberal arms ????

6. As most of you have never seen this animal, here's some info.
it weighs well over 140 lbs, and is almost as tall as my 5 year old.
It's freaking scary to have that thing running after you

7.The reason I said I would "probably hit it" is because the owner IS
NUTS. She is SUE HAPPY. She had another dog to get shot last year after
telling the person that shot it if it when and attacked his peacocks again,
to put it down. He did, and she sued him for emotional distress and loss
of a family pet. Thats why when she said to shoot it, I knew what was coming.
But hell, ya'll don't care, it's not your homeowners insurance you got
to worry about getting jacked, IT"S JUST CRUEL TO THE DOG !

8. She does not refer to this dog as a family memeber and does not care
what happens to it.

9. The dog, ANGEL, was killed this morning, although not by me. It attacked
pauls 4 year old son dakota. Dakota was in his driveway, helping his dad wash
the car. Dakota nearly had his arm tore off, and will have to have surgery.
His dad did everything he could to get that dog off him till the other neighbor
came out, had to take his knife to the dog. Paul needed 74 stitches, Jerry need 5.

After reading alot of the comments made by a certain few on here, it is plain
to see that alot of you speak your mind without even knowing what really went on.
Preach, moan, call them a bad person, but not you are holier than thou because
your kind to animals.

To the one that said I would hurt a kid, go visit dakota in the hospital.
Im the one that had to hold his arm together till the ambulance got there, and
after that, remind his dad that there were kinder, gentler ways of getting rid
of that dog and what he did was cruel and inhumane.

bell_peaches
05-16-2004, 01:28 PM
My best to all that were hurt.(BY THE BAD DOG) I am glad to here the dog is no longer going to be a problem for you. Since she was sue happy time to turn it around on her. Good Luck and I hope in the future you get another pup to fill that empty spot you now have.

queenangie
05-16-2004, 01:29 PM
It is very sad to lose a special pet.

A pet is not a child.
A child is not a pet.

These are the facts
as noted in the above posts....
the bad dog chased the puppy out of her own front yard into the street,
whereby getting hit & killed by the UPS truck.
Puppy had never been in the street prior to this episode.
The bad dog has caused harm to 10 of the above's neighbors.
There is no dogpound or animal patrol in this area.
It is apparently rural.
Bad neighborlady came onto DH and flashed him
also asking DH to handle the dog problem
because Bad neighborlady would not.

Various methods were discussed as to how to handle
the Bad Dog that caused some people to be upset.

We should all feel bad over the loss of your puppy
and now because we know the cause it makes a
person even angrier.

Sharing an experience when DS#1 was almost
4 yo, he was running nextdoor to visit with
the neighbors. I watched out my frontdoor
as he was going nextdoor. Da^# 3 legged dog
from down the street came into our yard
and attempted to knockdown & bite my little
son! Oh My Goodness!
Luckily, I was right there and we
had animal control. Several episodes had occured
with this dog from other neighbors
and it was taken care of by the law.
Honestly, I was so upset about
that dog that attacked my child & it
would have been put out of its misery immediately
had my DH been home.

Wish that we would just all get along
and agree to disagree on some areas.

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 01:35 PM

A pet is not a child.
A child is not a pet.

These are the facts
It is apparently rural.

person even angrier.

son! Oh My Goodness!
had my DH been home.

Amen to that ! thank you gil, I appreciate your word so much, after getting flamed like that

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 01:35 PM

A pet is not a child.
A child is not a pet.

These are the facts
It is apparently rural.

person even angrier.

son! Oh My Goodness!
had my DH been home.

Amen to that ! thank you girl, I appreciate your word so much, after getting flamed like that

queenangie
05-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Gonnascream, I was typing my long post while you put in the post about the dog attacking the neighbor boy this am. I read it after I posted.

It makes me sick a dog would attack a little child in his own driveway!
I'm thankful that it wasn't your child, but my heart goes out to the
family it did happen to.
I think the Bad Neighborlady is responsible for the medical bills
of those injured.

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 01:46 PM
well Heard from jerry wife about an hour ago, when the police took the report, she told them that the dog was not hers. Figures. there are too many people around here that says it is, and it will stay that way.

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Ok I sat here and thought about it for awhile. the whole reason for this post was I was complaining cause the neighbor being a little floozy like, and the whole thing got twisted. I know I am not the only person in the world who has said something out of anger. And if I am, well h$lls bells, I just set a precedent, didn't I ?

For anyone that does know me, they know I am good to animals, out of the 30+ some animals on this stretch of road, that one was the only one we have ever had a problem with. Heck, jerrys dog looks like a little bear, and he play with my dog and my kids all the time. My hubby grew up on a countyr farm for rice sakes. He knows what to do with animals. Hubby could tell from a distance, that something wasn't right with that dog, and it was just a matter of time before it would "turn".

Oh and mamafairel, just so you know, I have got 2 kids under the age of six. One has sever autisim. She would never know that the dog was bad, and it could have been her to get hurt.

when we did live in the city, we called animal control out to pick up a wild dog that had been harrassing us and some other people. You know how long it took for them to get it ?? 3 WEEKS ! sorry, but 3 weeks is 2 & 1/2 weeks too long.

And to those who's feathers I ruffeled, you will get over it.

And to those that spoke before they knew, maybe it's time you made some humble pie out of those words of yours.

sahmsfreeb
05-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Ok I sat here and thought about it for awhile. the whole reason for this post was I was complaining cause the neighbor being a little floozy like, and the whole thing got twisted. I know I am not the only person in the world who has said something out of anger. And if I am, well h$lls bells, I just set a precedent, didn't I ?

heck im writing an apology letter as we speak!!! (totally nother matter)
trust me anger takes over then whoosh.. you say things in print that make you look like a doofus!

read it before you press sumit!!! which i didnt do which is why im off to write a letter of appology................ we are all human... me i cann attest to bein an imperfect one...

momfromTN
05-16-2004, 03:42 PM
I am going to clear some things up considering a few on here
have taken my words and twisted them around to make me look
like a bad person, then insinuate Im some type of child abuser.

1. Sadie & Samara were in MY yard, within 3 feet of my front
porch. Matthew (lives next door) saw angel (the BAD dog) come
into MY yard, growl & snap at the 2 pups, and chase sadie.
He chased her into the road TRYING to get away. She was hit
when she went to go back into our yard. If Angel had not came onto
MY property, Then this would not have happened.

2. MY property is not fenced. I never said it was.

3. The owner of the dog has already said TO KILL THE DOG.
Now if she does NOT care what happenes to it, Why should I ?
Why should I go through the trouble of finding somebody to take
it when she won't ?? She had told many people many times just to
kill it. After this I have no problem doing so.

4. In this part of the county I live in, there is no game warden,
catcher, animal control. If you need to have an animal picked up,
you must pay for it. It has cost me enough, I won't pay another
dime.

5. I have never hurt a kid in my life. That statement went way too
far. I have heard / and seen this dog attack just about everything
neighborhood. Now when it goes to attack your kid, are you going to
welcome that beast with loving liberal arms ????

6. As most of you have never seen this animal, here's some info.
it weighs well over 140 lbs, and is almost as tall as my 5 year old.
It's freaking scary to have that thing running after you

7.The reason I said I would "probably hit it" is because the owner IS
NUTS. She is SUE HAPPY. She had another dog to get shot last year after
telling the person that shot it if it when and attacked his peacocks again,
to put it down. He did, and she sued him for emotional distress and loss
of a family pet. Thats why when she said to shoot it, I knew what was coming.
But hell, ya'll don't care, it's not your homeowners insurance you got
to worry about getting jacked, IT"S JUST CRUEL TO THE DOG !

8. She does not refer to this dog as a family memeber and does not care
what happens to it.

9. The dog, ANGEL, was killed this morning, although not by me. It attacked
pauls 4 year old son dakota. Dakota was in his driveway, helping his dad wash
the car. Dakota nearly had his arm tore off, and will have to have surgery.
His dad did everything he could to get that dog off him till the other neighbor
came out, had to take his knife to the dog. Paul needed 74 stitches, Jerry need 5.

After reading alot of the comments made by a certain few on here, it is plain
to see that alot of you speak your mind without even knowing what really went on.
Preach, moan, call them a bad person, but not you are holier than thou because
your kind to animals.

To the one that said I would hurt a kid, go visit dakota in the hospital.
Im the one that had to hold his arm together till the ambulance got there, and
after that, remind his dad that there were kinder, gentler ways of getting rid
of that dog and what he did was cruel and inhumane.

If that dog had hurt my child, and I had no other way to get it off at the time, you are darn skippy I would use my knife on it. If there was a way to do so, I would get a gun and shoot that animal right between the eyes. I don't give a crap. NO ONE and NOTHING will hurt my kids. I love animals, but once a dog has tasted blood and attacked someone, they have to be destroyed. Thank God that dog is dead now.

I understand loving animals. You should never be intentionally cruel to them. But a dog is subhuman. If it comes to the life of an animal vs. the life of a child or adult human, the animal is gonna die. Some would call me names for my opinion, but the day a dog goes to work and pays taxes, is the day they are on the same level as a human and should be treated as such.

momfromTN
05-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Gonnascream, I was typing my long post while you put in the post about the dog attacking the neighbor boy this am. I read it after I posted.

It makes me sick a dog would attack a little child in his own driveway!
I'm thankful that it wasn't your child, but my heart goes out to the
family it did happen to.
I think the Bad Neighborlady is responsible for the medical bills
of those injured.

ITA. I would also tell her what a low down, nasty sl*t she is for shaking her nasty udders in your husband's face. Nasty skank.

gonnascream
05-16-2004, 03:57 PM
right now hubby has been at his parents helping out on the farm since yesterday. The guys up and down this stretch call her "miss one-nighter" or "the one shot wonder" cause they have never seen a guy stay there for more than a few hours in the middle of the night. Like I said before, the woman ain't right in the head.

On other news, the dog was dead by the time the cops got out here. Some of the redneck boys made sure of it. We all told them it had been acting funny, didn't know what was wrong with it. Well the cops wanted it tested for rabies. (do ya blame them ?) So I gave them a blue tarp to wrap it up in, he put it in the trunk, said he was going to take it over to dr. whatshisface after they got done taking care of things up here.