PDA

View Full Version : Omg... Ok... well... welcome to our version of Cops

justme23
05-15-2004, 02:37 AM
It is... 4:30 in the morning... watching that 70s show hearing the constant hum of a helicopter... at first listen, this is no big deal, we're very close to a large freeway and are quite used to hearing traffic choppers at this hour... so no biggie... after 10 minutes go by and we still hear the blasted thing we start getting curious... HE'S SPOTLIGHTING OUR COMPLEX!!! Police cars everywhere, a helicopter looking for god only knows who... it's like being in our own little episode of Cops... except this is way too freaky... I don't wanna live here anymore!!! I come from a small town w/ like... no freakin criminal activity... I think it had like 5 murders in 10 years... No, I'm sure we're just fine and plenty safe, but it's just really weird... I'm gonna try and go sleep now!

Edited update... finally got to talk to a police officer... some guy was breaking in to cars in the complex next to ours and he jumped the fence into ours... they didn't catch him so they think he lives here (which wouldn't surprise me, the office keeps sending letters to us about someone breaking in to apartments and supposedly getting evicted, but who knows) but I'm glad to know they weren't after a murderer (ya, I always think the worst)... cars are replaceable (altho, quite annoying) ppl aren't... ok, I'm really gonna go try and sleep now, but w/ all the excitement, prolly won't be able to for a while.

cpbaby
05-15-2004, 08:10 AM
{{{{justme}}}}

ahippiechic
05-15-2004, 08:18 AM
This happens at the complex I manage WAY too much. :(

buttrfli
05-15-2004, 08:29 AM
5 murders in 5 years?? Where do I sign up??!! We get that in a week :(

Sorry it is scary for you {{{HUGS}}}

llbriteyes
05-15-2004, 09:26 AM
Wow. Sounds like you had an eventful time! I hope you got some sleep.

L

amysusi
05-15-2004, 09:29 AM
Wow, I know how you feel. That happened on my street when I lived in Vegas. I went outside to see waht was going on (I know not smart) and among all the cops were tv news reporters too!! My parents swore they saw our neighborhood on Cops too (not about that incident, but others).

Tasha405
05-15-2004, 09:32 AM
I would've been scared too. {{{Hugs}}}

AngelGrim
05-15-2004, 02:01 PM
hugs!! I bet that was freaky!!

freeby4me
05-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Anything new happen? We're you able to go back to sleep?? Im so curious!!

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 02:19 PM
Its for this exact reason i own a scanner and listen to it all the time :)

I like to know who, what ,when, why and what their doing.......nosey me huh?

I've heard some good stuff over the yrs tho......
Always call my DD when i hear them responding to her street too.....so she can LQQK!

Sounds fun! Were you able to get to sleep???

justme23
05-15-2004, 02:57 PM
We never heard anything else... but I did tell the officer that the management had been sending us letters about break-ins and so since they think he lives here they should speak to the office... I just tried to call the office about 2 minutes ago and they aren't answering ... no big shock there ... so I'll have to wait until Monday probably to find out if they caught the guy.

I did finally fall asleep about 830 this morning but there was no more excitment... and Mama... I told hubby last night I wanted a police scanner... he says they are illegal (no they aren't), so I have to find some sort of proof to show him they're not and then try to find one in a price range he'd be willing to shell out. My uncle has one and leaves it on 24/7, but I'm not quite sure why cause he lives in the same small town that I grew up in and all he gets to hear about is which house party got broke up... lol... well it had a good use when his oldest daughter was a teen I guess!

Edited to add... thx for all the replies and hugz!!

MamaFairal
05-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Justme23~ I PM'd ya

Gumball1960
05-16-2004, 12:11 AM
I think your hubby is thinking of a radar detector. Those are illegal, not scanners. :)

justme23
05-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I think your hubby is thinking of a radar detector. Those are illegal, not scanners. :)

Not here... we have one! I guess every state is different.