PDA

View Full Version : Another missing pet, actually 2 :(

AngelGrim
05-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Yesterday I let my chow and her pup out, the pup is almost grown, but I still call him a pup, anyway, they disappeared and we haven't seen them since, searched all the ditches and no where are they seen, thought maybe they got hit like my cat did. This is the first time in 10 years that my dog has ever done this. I am very worried about them. I hope no one shot them or anything. This has been very upsetting. Please say a prayer if you can. Her name is Puff and her pup is ShyShy. He is scared of everything and she runs from anyone she doesn't know but I know some people flip out on chows. ShyShy is just what his name says. :(

justinenycole26
05-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Hope your babies make it home soon.

Have you called the animal control? If they picked them up, they would tell you. Also, you can call the pound. If someone picks up a dog they think is a stray that's usually where they take them.

The newspaper here has free ads for missing pets. You might wanna see if yours does also.

bell_peaches
05-14-2004, 08:05 AM
If you don't find them today make sure you check the news paper tomarrow. i always read the lost pets and found pets. Good luck

DivineMsDi
05-14-2004, 08:20 AM
I hope your dear dogs come home soon!!!

VALENA-)45
05-14-2004, 09:00 AM
Hope And Pray You Get Them Back.

AngelGrim
05-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Thanks all for your prayers, after I posted this I went to the small town we live by 3 miles away, and posted papers up all over, then came home and made another run up and down the highway and I found them. I flipped out and couldn't get near them, I thought they had been hit by a car and all I could do was cry and shake. I got home and dh went out there, we live in the country by a highway, he went out and then he came home and told me the HORRIBLE news, someone shot them with a high power. They were in the position that one had been shot and the other one turned around to go back to the other and it was shot and they died facing each other. I AM AT A LOSS FOR THIS CRUELTY. All I can do is cry. Sorry to gripe and all that, but don't people realize what they do to others by this, the neighbor down the road from us said he heard the shots and thought someone was turkey hunting, I hate whoever did this, I have no one to take my hurt out on right now, but I am definately hurting.

Eyore
05-14-2004, 11:21 AM
I am so sorry that this happened to your dogs. I can only imagine how bad you are hurting. As bad as it is at least now you know what happened.
I had a cat a few years ago that came up missing. To this day I have no idea what happened to it. I searched everywhere for it. I think a neighbor shot it but wouldn't fess up to it when I asked if he had seen it. I cried for weeks and it took me a long time to get over it.

sahmsfreeb
05-14-2004, 11:27 AM
oh i am soo sorry for your loss....

i still cannot fathom why someone would do this...

i hope the police catch whomever did this...

Angel Lips
05-14-2004, 11:29 AM
IM SORRY FOR THE LOSS OF YOUR DOGS. THERE ARE ALOT OF CRUEL PEOPLE OUT THERE. IM VERY VERY SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

DaLilPeachy
05-14-2004, 11:52 AM
OMG I am so so sorry. ((((AG))))

DivineMsDi
05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Well, I pmed you what I think...

WHY shoot someone's dogs? It's just mean, mean, mean... :mad:

hotwheelstx
05-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Thanks all for your prayers, after I posted this I went to the small town we live by 3 miles away, and posted papers up all over, then came home and made another run up and down the highway and I found them. I flipped out and couldn't get near them, I thought they had been hit by a car and all I could do was cry and shake. I got home and dh went out there, we live in the country by a highway, he went out and then he came home and told me the HORRIBLE news, someone shot them with a high power. They were in the position that one had been shot and the other one turned around to go back to the other and it was shot and they died facing each other. I AM AT A LOSS FOR THIS CRUELTY. All I can do is cry. Sorry to gripe and all that, but don't people realize what they do to others by this, the neighbor down the road from us said he heard the shots and thought someone was turkey hunting, I hate whoever did this, I have no one to take my hurt out on right now, but I am definately hurting.

I'm so sorry for your loss...I know it hurts very much. Like they're your own. I don't know what people are thinking when they do these kinds of things to poor animals. My thoughts are with you. I'm sure they both know they were loved and wanted very much. I'm so sorry.

BabyDolla
05-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I am so sorry. This is a horrible thing. We has a German Shepherd named Bruno that mysteriously disappeared. ( He was in a kennel with lock.) Anyway, we lived in the country then and my brother found him up the road and he had been shot too. He was a baby. Would shake with his hind legs. :)
I really missed that dog.
My sil took his brother King and because he chased their goat, dumped him off about 10 miles from where they lived. Never did find him and then my ex-sil took my Russian Blue cat and dumped him off in the country because he was trying to mate with her "sissy" cat. DUH. Anyway I was furious as well.
I can't understand why people do this. So sick. I pray you find out and can press charges or something.
Once again I am very sorry. :(

FrEEbiZ4Me
05-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Im so sorry for ur loss ... I have no idea why someone would do this!

YankeeMary
05-14-2004, 08:18 PM
People do this becase they have no heart and they are mean...and don't care about others...I am so so sorry, I can't even imagine how you are feeling.

bell_peaches
05-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Oh I am so sorry for yur loss. My deapest sympathy. I know how it feels to loose a pet. But to loose Two of your family members this way is a disgrace. OUr prayers are with you.

VALENA-)45
05-14-2004, 08:28 PM
I Am Very Sorry For Your Losss. Sending You Hugs And Prayers. I Hope They Find Out Who Did This. That Was Not Right, To Do To Them. Sorry.

AngelGrim
05-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, there are no leads as to who did this as there was no witnesses. Everyone is spreading the word to everyone else they know to try to find out but they doubt we will ever know. I have been trying all day to forgive but it is very hard. I think they better ask God to do so as I may not be able. I have stopped crying but the ache is there and doubt the tears are over. My dh has been feeling the same way. Our surviving dog scooter is missing puff desperately, they were best friends, and after scooters stroke, puff always stayed near and we think she went to explore after being homebound. I hope somehow we find out who did it.

suher99
05-15-2004, 07:04 AM
Sounds stupid, but if you have fleamarkets by you check! Out here, it's a big thing to still dogs and puppys, especially full-blooded ones and sell them at fleamarkets. My sis's dalmation was stolen, and yep, she found her there and had proof it was her dog.

hotdoglove
05-15-2004, 07:14 AM
i'm so sorry this happened to your dogs.

AngelGrim
05-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Sounds stupid, but if you have fleamarkets by you check! Out here, it's a big thing to still dogs and puppys, especially full-blooded ones and sell them at fleamarkets. My sis's dalmation was stolen, and yep, she found her there and had proof it was her dog.

I know they weren't sold at a fleamarket as I found their bodies. We had a couple of dogs stolen from us years ago for the lab, we didn't know what happened till after it was too late. But thank you for the heads up, doing better today, but there are times when it hits me and I have to go and grieve. Again thank you all for your prayers and comforting words. You don't know how much it means, that is why I love it here, because there are people that do care.

Amyjean
05-15-2004, 11:21 PM
A big hug to you - so sorry for the loss of your two dogs.

This is a silly question - do a lot of people in your town have guns? This is so new to me - in my city (New York) people don't have guns unless they're with law enforcement or they have illegal guns.

Shann
05-15-2004, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry this happened to you, that is just awful and I couldn't imagine losing a pet that way. When you get another dog, could you possibly put up a fence so the dogs can't leave the yard? Ugh.. my heart breaks for you.

LadyBones
05-16-2004, 05:54 AM
Angelgrim, I am so sorry to hear this, My heart goes out to you and your family :(

This is a silly question - do a lot of people in your town have guns? This is so new to me - in my city (New York) people don't have guns unless they're with law enforcement or they have illegal guns.

If she lives out in the country like we do, you can just about guess that 90% of the people out here have guns. We have alot of hunting in our area, Deer, Turkey, pheasant, duck etc....
Here in Ohio they just passed a bill to carry concealed weapons http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/03/22/loc_ohio_house_passes.html

AngelGrim
05-16-2004, 04:20 PM
My dh found out who did it, the neighbor that lives right down the road from where they were shot did it because he thought our dogs hurt his dog. His dog was attacked about 3 weeks ago, WHEN MY DOGS WERE STILL CHAINED, so he saw mine loose and drove his 4 wheeler up and shot them. I don't think he realizes that what he took away can never be replaced. Plus my dogs have never not once attacked someone elses dog, they were passive. They stayed away from other dogs. And around here in the country a lot of people have guns, this is a big hunting area. Well just updating. My other neighbor said yesterday he is worried now cause his dogs run loose too, and doesn't want them to get shot, but that neighbor has lived here for almost 20 years and said they had never had a problem, till now. Well anyway, thanks for all your kind words.