PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have DSL?

Angelseyes28
05-13-2004, 01:03 PM
I have RoadRunner cable internet but I am fed up with it. We have had nothing but problems and can't seem to get anything resolved so now I am looking for other internet options. I definately don't want dialup!!! Our local phone company offers DSL. Three different plans as a matter of fact. My question is, is it as fast as cable or at least close? Like I said, I am looking for something besides dialup speed. TIA:D

agentpenguin
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
:D :D :D I have it through Verizon and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!! I LOVE IT!!! It's awsome! It's included on the phone bill and I pay $35 a month. Much cheaper than my friends and family pay for cable modem. Almost half! :D :D :D

Angelseyes28
05-13-2004, 01:10 PM
LOL Love the way you are looking out for yourself there:p Unfortunately it wouldn't do you any good......we can't get it through bellsouth:( The only option we have is getting it through CenturyTel.
Does Bellsouth have different DSL speed packages? If so, which did you get? I HAVE to get away from RR.....lately the speed has been so darn slow that most times I can't even connect to anything:(

Angelseyes28
05-13-2004, 01:12 PM
Thanks for letting me know agentpenguin. We really don't have alot of options in my neck of the woods. You have 3 choices, cable, DSL or dial up and you only have 2 companies to choose from on those lol. Oh wait...forgot, 3 companies....I forgot about MSN.....BLAH!!!!!! :p

MsLynn
05-13-2004, 01:29 PM
i've had cable and DSL and I love DSL , right now i'm lucky enough to have it at home and at work. wwooohoooooo

justme23
05-13-2004, 01:51 PM
We have DSL... SBC is cheap, so instead of buying enough ip addresses for ALL of their customers, they make you log in and out like on dialup... this is a total anoyance to me so when we move we'll switch to comcast... we would switch now but we've had it for so long that we don't have to log in, but will when we have to move.

Annnyways... We have basically no problems w/ it... the only time it gets dicey is when the weather is bad... we're in dfw and even if it's storming in Houston we sometimes get outages... but the speed is good and it is up 99% of the time... so a few hours offline to clean house isn't that bad.

wyozozo
05-13-2004, 01:57 PM
I just signed up w/Qwest DSL...the 256K modem. They also offer a 1.5k modem. I've never had cable, but the DSL is much, much faster than my dial up and only $7 more.

I paid $19.99 for dial-up and my DSL is only $26.99. Also, I bought their modem rather than renting it.

Airbuswife
05-13-2004, 02:01 PM
LOVE my DSL!! $35 a month, through Alltel, and is right on our phone bill too! :D

rlynn411
05-13-2004, 04:11 PM
I have roadrunner and I love it. You might try uplugging the cable modem for a few minutes. They say it clears it out, whatever that means. I do it about once a month. Never had had a problem. Had DSL before RR..... it was worse than awful, but it was new at the time....so I'm sure there were kinks to work out.

DivineMsDi
05-13-2004, 04:17 PM
We have DSL through AT & T...We were using them for dial up but now they have a deal for a year, so for few dollars more it is on all day and faster (though, it does get glitched up every once in awhile and it is not "lightening" speed.) My DH complains about it. I would get Optimum but we don't have our own cable in our apartment.
In my opinion, our DSL is BETTER than dial-up but not "brilliant" :)

Angelseyes28
05-13-2004, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess we are going to give DSL a shot if RoadRunner doesn't get this crap fixed by tomorrow. Thanks for the advise rlynn, it isn't the modem though. They told us there is "noise" in the lines and that is something they will have to fix on their end. For their sake I hope they get it fixed by tomorrow lol.

thedragonlady
05-13-2004, 04:57 PM
I have DSL through my ISP which is sonic.net. I love it!