PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only person totally disgusted with American Idol?

cathych
05-13-2004, 07:27 AM
I mean really, they have voted off the best singers; George, Jennifer & now Latoya. Last night Simon said that everybody in Hawaii voted for Jasmine, what if she wins? Would that be a joke or what? How did she even get on that show? She is so clueless-when everyone was singing big band songs; they were all dressed to the nines, even George had a suit on; & she came out in a pair of ripped jeans with chains.

suzski
05-13-2004, 07:34 AM
cathych, I'm with ya. I will finish up the rest of this season, but won't expend the energy and angst next season. It's been a joke since they voted Amy off in the early go rounds. I'm sure the rest of the world is laughing at us...and we're actually supposed to make a smart decision electing a President this year? We can't even do a reality show right!

crazyme-ma
05-13-2004, 07:54 AM
I know I am getting fed up with the show.

Kelsey1224
05-13-2004, 09:34 AM
The only consolation is the knowledge that LaToya will do well anyway. It might be to her advantage because she won't have to have a contract with Simon Cowell since she isn't the winner.

She is fabulous. She was the 'entire package'...voice, looks, style. AI may have provided her with the best platform to display her talents.

Jasmine is absolutely adorable and she does have a pleasant voice. However...she is no American Idol!

wingsfan
05-13-2004, 09:47 AM
ITA...I shut it off last night and said "I'm done". I think people are voting just to spite Simon.

cathych
05-13-2004, 10:24 AM
I personally don't see what is all that bad about Simon. Even the red haired kid said he liked him because he was so honest. Clay Aiken said the same thing. I mean, what do these kids expect? If they were really out there trying to get a recording contract, do they think people would be nice to them all the time? If they stank, they would be told they stank. period.

DaLilPeachy
05-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I tototally agree - ever since they kicked Amy off I have lost interest mostly

ajksmom
05-13-2004, 11:53 AM
I am in total agreement. I missed it last night but heard about LaToya on Live with Regis and Kelly this morning. I could not believe it.

Hi_Ya!
05-13-2004, 12:14 PM
Jasmine is absolutely adorable and she does have a pleasant voice. However...she is no American Idol!
I agree.

Gherky
05-13-2004, 01:54 PM
This is the first season I've ever watched but I thought it was supposed to be a talent contest, not a popularity contest. :confused:

KManiac
03-13-2008, 06:11 PM
They lost me before season 1 was over...

Shann
03-13-2008, 07:59 PM
there is no reason why this thread should have been bumped especially since it's almost four years old :rolleyes: and haha I guess I'm bumping it again, but seriously we should stick to bumping threads that are relevant.

buglebe
03-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I love American Idol. And I also love Randy, Paula and Simon.