PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this washer/dryer

justinenycole26
05-13-2004, 12:40 AM
http://www.geappliances.com/harmony/

My dryer is taking forever to dry, so rather than spend money to get it fixed since it's 4 years old, I want to get a new one. I want a front loader washer with a big capacity. I know this one is expensive, about $2000 for the set, but I WANT it!

Has anyone had any experiences with a front loader washer? Do they really save as much water as they say? I saw one ad, I think it was for the Maytag Neptune that says it only uses 8 gallons per load.

Maytag Neptune is another one I am looking at. It is a little less expensive. But the GE one is sooo pretty....

justme23
05-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Those are nice... I've never actually owned my own machines to compare quality washing and drying ... but if I had to go on asthetics, there's a set of front loaders (what's the company w/ the old guy in the commercials?) that are really pretty... they have bubble windows and a really nice grey finish... that's the set I want... but they are 2 grand too.

Edited to add... this may be a good reason to stay away from the Neptune.

http://www.alexanderlaw.com/maytag-neptune/

buttrfli
05-13-2004, 04:50 AM
I've had 2 front load washers and neither of them have gone a whole year without the door leaking. If you buy one I suggest getting a 3 year warranty to go with it.

When my dryer stopped drying (I had to run a load 3 or 4 times to get things dry) I wnt and bought a new w/d. The very first day I used the dryer, it didn't dry!! ... come to find out it was not the dryer, but it was the dryer vent that was so stuffed full of lint, nothing could get through. we actaully had to have someone come in and re-route the dryer vent from going through the 2nd floor and out the roof to going to the garage... who ever built these places had no clue what they were doing! LOL

Airbuswife
05-13-2004, 09:14 AM
I've had the "Neptune" set for over three years now. LOOOOVE them both! Mine never leaked, but the door lock broke, but hubby "rigged" it so it works now! It does use less water, and also if you find the "HE" detergent made for front load washers, you use less of that too. :D

justinenycole26
05-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the opinions. I will definitely get the extended warranty.

MamaFairal
05-13-2004, 07:25 PM
sweet!
I would love one of those side agitate washers :)

ang in NC
05-13-2004, 08:11 PM
I used to clean for a woman. She had the front loaders and they are great. You can wash alot more w/ them.

kriskay
05-13-2004, 09:19 PM
I think they sound great! I would love a set like that.

queenangie
05-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Definitely an extended warranty for major appliances.