PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get the feeling life is just to over whelming?

LadyBones
05-12-2004, 05:38 AM
I can't describe how i feel, I am generally speaking a happy person for the most part, But lately i feel like a failure.
Ok last month my oldest son gets into a car wreck, this month my middle son get's caught up with kids and stole stuff, now i'm just waiting to hear whats going to happen to him. Now last night my Oldest son informs me he failed World History and they want him to either take summer school for $150 or Internet school for $250 which ever he chooses he has to have the money in by June 14th and the course is a 5 week course for 3 hours a day and non-refundable and he has to be there no matter what, no excuses. I don't have that kind of money on a weekly basis, I don't work, DH does, my son works too but he only make's $5.35 and hour and only about 20 hours a week (if that). If he takes the course over next year at school he will have two History classes to take. I just don't know what to do, i want to crawl into a hole and stay there until everything is resolved.

frooger
05-12-2004, 05:48 AM
I'm sorry...Um.. i don't know what to say. I hope things get better for you. Is there a school aid program or something to help pay for summer school? I don't know. Best wishes for you. Take care....frooger

freeby4me
05-12-2004, 06:10 AM
Im sorry this is happening. It never rains it pours! I would ask the school if you could borrow a world history book over the summer and make your DS take two history classes next year. Money is money and it doesnt grow on trees. He needs to learn there is consequences for his actions and staying inside for a couple of hours everyday over the summer studying should be good!

schsa
05-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Find out if there is any financial aid that you can get for the summer school course. And I think that he should have to pony up the cash. He should be able to do it in the amount of time he has. If necessary, he can add mowing a few lawns to make up the difference. I would not pay for it for him. He had the class and he didn't pass. Think of it this way. At 20 hours a week part time and $5 an hour that's $100 before taxes. They aren't going to take out more than a few dollars. He should have that money in two weeks or three at the latest if he wants to go to summer school. If not, he takes two history classes the next year at no cost. You have to decide that it's not your problem, it's his.

ezmoney163
05-12-2004, 08:50 AM
I think everyone has this feeling at least once. I am praying things get better for you hon!!! I know it is fusterating!!! (((HUGZ))))

wyozozo
05-12-2004, 08:54 AM
When you have teenagers every day is overwhelming! When my daughter had to take geography in summer school she paid for it. It was her fault that she failed, so she suffered the consequences. She worked part-time at a grocery store and always paid her car payment and insurance too. And her cellphone. She barely had money left over for gas that summer, but she also grew up to be a very responsible young lady who knows how to manage her money.

ITA...that's what I would make him do!! He failed, he pays for it.

But you should not feel like a failure. All kids make bad decisions, some just don't get caught. Hopefully since your's did, he will learn from it.

iluvmybaby
05-12-2004, 09:19 AM
He failed he should pony up the $. You are not responsible for his descision to screw up, excuse the language, and fail. Either he pays, or has to take two classes next year. He has a job, it is time to take responsability for his actions

texasgander
05-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Sorry this is happening to you.

You are just now finding out that he failed? The school didn't send you a progress notice????

LadyBones
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Sorry this is happening to you.

You are just now finding out that he failed? The school didn't send you a progress notice????

Well i knew he was not doing so good, but i did'nt think he was failing, The Highschool don't really give a progress reports they believe the children are old enough to know whats going on.
He has no choice if he want's summer school he has to pay i don't have the money, so it's either he pay's or takes two History classes next year.

VALENA-)45
05-12-2004, 09:35 AM
ITA...that's what I would make him do!! He failed, he pays for it.

But you should not feel like a failure. All kids make bad decisions, some just don't get caught. Hopefully since your's did, he will learn from it.
ITA~ YOUR CHILDREN MADE BAD CHOICES AND THEY HAVE TO LIVE WITH THEM, NOT YOU. YOU DID YOUR JOB, YOU TAUGHT THEM RIGHT FROM WRONG. YOU SHOULD NEVER FEEL LIKE A FAILER, BECAUSE OF YOUR KIDS. YOU ARE NOT A FAILER, YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT, AND YOU HAVE A KIND SOUL, AND FROM WHAT I SEE OF YOUR POST, YOU ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE. AND BESIDES, YOU ARE A MEMBER OF THE BBS FAMILY, AND WE ALL LOVE YOU. PICK UP YOUR FEELINGS, DUST THEM OFF AND PUT THEM BACK ON, TELL YOUR FEELINGS, THIS IS THE LAST STRAW, I AM NOT FEELING LIKE THIS ANYMORE, I AM HAPPY, AND FEELING GREAT. NOW TAKE THAT FAILER FEELING AND GO AWAY. HAVE A NICE HAPPY DAY. ((((((((((((((((((((FREE4US))))))))))))))))))))

MamaFairal
05-12-2004, 09:37 AM
my DD also has summer school this year but we knew that from day one of this school year when she came here from Cali.........somehow she is short lots of credits to graduate next year.....how that happen we dont know cuz she has been taking everything thats required all along in school...
Anyways......this summer she has school for 27 days and will be taking "American History 1 & 2" from 7:30am -2:30 just like a school day so she catches up her credits.......but i havent been notified we have to pay for it??? I hope not!

School is tough wether your 8 or 18 and sometimes "doo-doo" just happens :)
At least he's still in school right :)

hotdoglove
05-12-2004, 10:05 AM
i don't have any advice but want you to know we're thinking about you...

texasgander
05-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Here in Texas, progress reports go home at all school levels as far as I can tell........that's bad that the school doesn't take more responsibility, because until they are 18, you are totally responsible for them as far as the schools are concerned....they should have mailed home a progress report so you could have known sooner......so sorry.....

TX_Cowgirl
05-12-2004, 01:16 PM
same here our school sends out progress reports at the 3rd week of the six weeks and the kids have to have them signed by the parent and turned back into the teacher...
Sorry i hope things get better for you