PDA

View Full Version : Omg

justme23
05-11-2004, 02:26 PM
I am just ... well, I don't really think I can say the words.

The gentleman who was dragged to death behind a truck in Jasper, Tx... some kids desecrated(sp) his grave! WTF is wrong w/ ppl! I just heard it on the news, I don't know if there's an article anywhere... maybe one of you handy news site ppl can find one.

freeby4me
05-11-2004, 02:32 PM
:( How can people be so cruel? I cannot even pretend to imagine.

suziebee20
05-11-2004, 02:37 PM
(05-11) 13:07 PDT BEAUMONT, Texas (AP) --

Police arrested two young white men in the desecration of the grave of James Byrd Jr., the black man dragged to his death from the back of a pickup truck in 1998.

Several tips led police to a 19-year-old man from Jasper and an 18-year-old man from Call on Monday, Police Chief Stanley Christopher said Tuesday.

The chief said the 19-year-old was arrested at his home, while the younger man surrendered at the police station. He said they would be charged with criminal mischief.

Byrd's headstone also was knocked over last week, and racial slurs and profanities were etched into a steel plate.

As for what motivated the vandalism, "stupidity's all I can come up with," the police chief said.

Criminal mischief at a gravesite is punishable by up to two years behind bars. A judge or jury could decide to apply the James Byrd Jr. Hate Crimes Act, which could increase the penalty to up 20 years in prison.

"I just think whoever did it must be very sick to go and do something like that to someone's grave," Byrd's mother, Stella Byrd, said last week.

VALENA-)45
05-11-2004, 02:37 PM
I Wonder What Are Their Parents Going To Say. WHEN ARE THE PEOPLE OF THE WORLD ARE GOING TO LEARN TO GET TOGETHER, AND HELP ONE ANOTHER!! PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS DOING SOMETHING MEAN AND NASTY, TO ONE ANOTHER. AND THAT IS NEGATIVE, WHEN ARE WE GOING TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE, NICE, AND KIND.

DAVESBABYDOLL
05-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Well,by law they are both legally adults,so I really don't think it matters what the parents of these two idiots say. Hopefully they do jail time,pay to repair the damage they caused and contribute in some way to the family of JAMES BYRD JR.

MommyG3
05-11-2004, 02:52 PM
If it were my kids, I would say, "throw the book at them!!!" I feel like they should clean the mess up they made and then stay in jail for a few years.

DivineMsDi
05-11-2004, 03:34 PM
The world is screwed up. Nothing is sacred. :mad: