PDA

View Full Version : Shrek is everywhere eeeeeekkkkkkkk

Quaker_Parrots
05-11-2004, 12:59 PM
LOL, I posted this morning a link to Shrek printables at HP. A felow BBS'er and I were commenting on how when we go to the grocery, Shrek is on EVERYTHING. Fast forward to this afternoon. I go an check my mail, there is an invitation in there to my nephews open house, no return address(I got an invitation with my address and one of my other brothers name on it, so I gave it to him, I thought my invie went somewhere else) anyway, was looking at the envelope for the postal stamp, to see if I could figure out where it was sent from(to see who got mine, as I couldn't figure out the handwritting) and low and behold, who is on my stamp on my envelope canceling it out?

SHREK & DONKEY!!!!!!!! With the caption "Greetings from far far away"

I swear he is everywhere, he even got to the post office, boy are they sure trying to sell this movie,lol.

ahippiechic
05-11-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah, he IS everywhere lately!

I really liked both movies tho!

Quaker_Parrots
05-11-2004, 01:14 PM
My kids will probably get the movie when it comes out on DVD(to add to their collection). I am just suprised how much advertising they are doing for this movie.

Linus1223
05-11-2004, 01:21 PM
The post office used "Cat in the Hat" post mark around the time that was released...I thought it was kind of weird.

VintageEyes
05-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Not only is Shrek everywhere, because it's animation, everyone assumes it's Disney. I work in a Disney Store and ppl keep coming in and asking about it. Do they not realize Shrek is actually making fun of Disney?

cleaningla
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
LOL, I posted this morning a link to Shrek printables at HP. A felow BBS'er and I were commenting on how when we go to the grocery, Shrek is on EVERYTHING. Fast forward to this afternoon. I go an check my mail, there is an invitation in there to my nephews open house, no return address(I got an invitation with my address and one of my other brothers name on it, so I gave it to him, I thought my invie went somewhere else) anyway, was looking at the envelope for the postal stamp, to see if I could figure out where it was sent from(to see who got mine, as I couldn't figure out the handwritting) and low and behold, who is on my stamp on my envelope canceling it out?

SHREK & DONKEY!!!!!!!! With the caption "Greetings from far far away"

I swear he is everywhere, he even got to the post office, boy are they sure trying to sell this movie,lol.

At least it's not your last name. It's mine though. :rolleyes:

At least people know how to ponounce it now. Just wish they would do it without laughing.

bribella
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
I like Shrek.

Quaker_Parrots
05-11-2004, 05:42 PM
At least it's not your last name. It's mine though. :rolleyes:

At least people know how to ponounce it now. Just wish they would do it without laughing.

LOL, poor you, know about the name deal. When I tell people mine, they don't know how to spell it. ( sounds like Burton, Burdon, Burten, you get the picture) So whne they ask about the spelling I say "Burden, you know, like you are a burden to someone" and all the response I get is "oh...(long pause) ok.

DivineMsDi
05-11-2004, 06:46 PM
We were just saying tonight how they are promoting this film and merchandise too much..(bad sign as in it will be a cruddy film!). My son's yogurts have Shrek on them. They have Shrek cereal in the store. And, of course it is a videogame already.

Regarding names..I have a real easy last name, but because it sounds like a common word it is ALWAYS spelt wrong...after people pretend not to laugh at it. Or make a stupid obvious joke that they think is soooo clever. At least it is not as bad as my husband's friend's last name "Buckle" (hand it to the English for obvious last names). When I complain about our last name, my husband says at least it is not "Lillycrap." (apparently there was a guy on tv in England called that!). :D

suziebee20
05-11-2004, 06:59 PM
lol, when I was stocking shelves in the toy department with my mom the night I went to work with her at Walmart there was about 24 cases of Shrek 2 action figures and about 10 to a case!

I have Shrek cereal, have you seen the box? In the lower right where they have a picture of a bowl with the cereal on it, it has the Shrek logo and next to the logo it looks like it has an " 's" carved into it and underneath it says "not donkeys". :p