PDA

View Full Version : ALLERGIES!!!! I feel so Yucky :(

Denise1972
05-11-2004, 11:12 AM
:( I feel so horrible. Our AC is broke and Everyone and their brother is mowing their grass. I feel like I am going to pass out. I keep getting this feeling like right after you get a shot of demerol. (I have had them for my migraines) and I HATE that feeling. It makes my nose feel wierd, and start burning a little. I get SO Sick to my stomach. I have Tylenol allergy sinus and Flonase and they arent even helping. I dont have a dr appt till the 21st, and I dont have my neurologist appt till July 19th. My dr wont give me any meds till I see her on the 21st. I have a migraine from HELL! :( But the only thing they will do at the ER is give me a demerol and phenerghan IV cocktail. I cant stand the feeling of either. I usually take Darvocet. Its not as bad. I dont have any left tho. My eyes are so puffy, that it looks like I have been crying for hours. My head feels like it is going to float away. I cant describe the feeling I get. It is well... undescribeable. My poor DD has allergies too. She goes next monday to the dr to get some allergy meds. They have her on Benadryl now, but it makes her sleepy. I HATE Spring for this reason!! and Fall is just as bad. :( I need my AC back, but cant afford to fix it. The AC keeps all the pollen out of the house. I have to have the windows open.
Thanks for listening to me. This is driving me NUTS and I had to vent about it. Anyone else have this sort of thing?
Thanks,
Denise

ShayShay
05-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I hope you feel better soon!

DivineMsDi
05-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Sorry to hear this. Both my dear husband and dear son suffer from allergies. It seems very bad this year. Feel better soon.

Angel Lips
05-11-2004, 12:28 PM
hope you feel better

kelly12569
05-11-2004, 12:56 PM
OHHH You have my absolute sympathy! ALLERGIES SUCK!!! I just went in and had an allergy shot last week mine were getting so bad. I remember I just used to have to have my allergy shot in the spring and fall but now it seems like Im gettin them 4 times thru the summer they get so bad. I am so miserable in the summer. Cant see, cant breath. So you really do have my sympathy hun. I hope your air gets fixed soon so you can be feeling better soon.

VALENA-)45
05-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Couldn't you call your doctor and beg to be seen, now???? i don't see why your doctor won't help you right now. i feel soooo soorry for you. i go through the same thing, the pollen count is so high!!!! i stay in the house, unless i have to go outside, and take care of business. i get the worst headaches that feel like a migraine. i really feel for you. hope you get some help some.

mesue
05-12-2004, 12:24 AM
You can buy claritin now over the counter, its very good and works quite well for me and my husband, you can buy a pack of 10 at the dollar store for 2.50.
Your pharmacist should be able to tell you what the generic name of it is and each pharmacy will have their own store brand buy the cheapest you can find the generic tablet is the same thing as the brand (claritin) name. Call your pharmacist and I'm sure he can help you.

Denise1972
05-12-2004, 02:44 AM
I already called the nurse yesterday and she said the dr was booked until my appt on the 21st. I am going to call an allergist here in a few hours when they open and make an appt. I cant stand this any longer. I take clarinex, its like claritin I think, and my dr also tells me to take sudafed. I think sometime the cure is worse than the sickness. It makes me so tired when I take this stuff and when you have a BUSY Almost 2 year old. I cant do that. My bf works during the day so I am here by myself with her, and my neices that usually help me, had babies of their own, or have one on the way hehe. ;) I have only 1 neice that isnt pregnant or had a baby. My messy Jessy. :) hehe Well she is 15 now. So I cant believe she is growing up so fast. She said she has learned not to be like her cousin and sister to have a baby young. She says she just has fun taking care of her cousins hehe. She will be an aunt here in August. I bet that will make her proud. :)

Quaker_Parrots
05-12-2004, 04:22 AM
Have you tried the Alevert? It is awesome(I had a 6 day sample pack) you take one a day, and it makes you feel really good(or it did me) I am going to have to get more. I think I have allergies and sinuses right now (hubby likes to put a fan in our window at night, with it open( this window is about 10ft away from alot of flowering bushes) He is going to get a rude awakening tonight, lol, I am going to sleep in the other room under the air to see if it helps me any.

Hope you get to feeling better soon [[[[[[[[[hugs]]]]]]]]]

kelly12569
05-12-2004, 04:58 AM
Me and my 8 yr old DS both take Allegra 60 mg twice a day but when I went in for my shot last week I asked to try the 180 all day pill. Havent tried it yet cuz I wanted to finish my other script first though. We both also take prescription nose sprays and eye drops. I strongly reccomend some eye drops. They work wonders. Sometimes my eyes would be so swollen I couldnt even see. Hope you get some relief soon. I too would reccomend the new over the counter Alavert. My 12 yr old DD used our sample pack we got in mail and seemed to have done the trick for her but I think her allergies are mild compared to mine and DS. Good Luck.

vicky122
05-12-2004, 05:12 AM
Alevert is what my d/h takes . It works really good for him.

Syrinx
05-12-2004, 07:12 AM
I know how you feel... we don't have air conditioning, and when someone nearby is mowing, I'm miserable. One of our cats has allergy problems too and I have to admit it's pretty funny when both of us are going around the apartment sneezing. Aside from the mowing, my allergies aren't as bad this time of year, it's ragweed season that I really hate!

VALENA-)45
05-12-2004, 07:26 AM
I Used To Take Allegra, I Took It For 2 Years, And I Used To Have The Worst Back Pain, I Already Have A Bad Back. One Of The Side Effects Is Back Pain, Happen To Hear It In On Of Their Commercials, That's When I Stopped Taking It. But, It Does Work.

queenangie
05-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Sending you warm hugs & puffs tissues!

No fun with allergies this time of year.
Just note that you have lots of company with the same thing.

I just read the thread about accidently having tissues left in
the laundry. Don't do this! LOL!
Hope I made you smile, Denise!
Hugs,
Angie

Denise1972
05-13-2004, 05:01 AM
I know how you feel... we don't have air conditioning, and when someone nearby is mowing, I'm miserable. One of our cats has allergy problems too and I have to admit it's pretty funny when both of us are going around the apartment sneezing. Aside from the mowing, my allergies aren't as bad this time of year, it's ragweed season that I really hate!

hehehe Reminds me of my cat baby. She and I were miserable together. The poor thing had allergies so bad. I think she was allergic to herself haha :) She had long hair and shed all year long.

Denise1972
05-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Sending you warm hugs & puffs tissues!

No fun with allergies this time of year.
Just note that you have lots of company with the same thing.

I just read the thread about accidently having tissues left in
the laundry. Don't do this! LOL!
Hope I made you smile, Denise!
Hugs,
Angie

Thanks so much Angie. Sorry I havent replied to your message. I have been sleeping alot with this mess of allergies I have. You did make me smile ;) Thanks! :)

Denise1972
05-13-2004, 05:14 AM
I called the Allergist In Springfield, and she said with my insurance, I have to have a referal from my dr. SOOO I called the nurse and she said the dr was out. The poor nurse knows me by name now haha :) The dr wont be in till monday, but the nurse is going to leave the dr a note to call the Allergist to get me a referral and try to get me fixed up. I HATE needles, but if I have to get a shot to help me, I will. I have to get one every 12 weeks for my birth control anyways, so I may as well have one more added to it. UGH reminds me, I have to get that birth control shot on the 21st. It isnt too bad tho. The needle is thin and it doesnt hurt too much. One side effect I LOVE is not having that monthly mess. I havent had it for a year and a half now... Last time I was at the dr, the nurse asked me when my last monthly was. I told her last feb. Her eyes bugged out and she said WHAT? hehe She must not have seen it in my chart. I told her I was on depo and she said OHHHHH Ok, thats fine then as long as it is for that reason. How the heck did I get to allergies to monthlies??? :P

I dont feel too bad today. It is kind of cool out. I have been sleeping so much the last few days tho. My poor bf has been putting up with the wrath of Miss Chloe. :) She hasnt been too bad tho. I cant believe she will be 2 in a few weeks. (On the 4th of June) Jeez the 4th of July isnt far off either is it??? Well I better go before I ramble on. I need to take my shower before Miss Chloe gets up. Thank you all for listening to me. I really appriciate it.

Denise

kriskay
05-13-2004, 10:08 PM
I have allergies too and other years have been on Allegra or Zyrtec for it. This year I don't have a prescription( yet) so I tried the Alavert 6 pack I got and it works surprisingly well. Even gets rid of that itchy feeling in your throat!