PDA

View Full Version : I'm so bummed....

SCRAPPIN'
05-11-2004, 09:34 AM
I started a new home based business last week, and in trying to reach my goal, I invited my sister-in-law over for a nice bowl of creamy wild rice and beer bread for lunch, and to discuss my new business. Well, my brother (can be a jerk), said that I just wanted to sell her something (which I do), but not the only reason, and said that if she was going, he was going to, but they haven't showed up. I knew this would happen. She is really interested in learning what I've got to show her, but he stops her from doing anything she wants to do! I'm so frustrated.....Anyway, I called several other "friends", and nobody wants to come over for soup and bread! I didn't even mention my new business to them! I am just finding out lately that I'm a door mat for anybody who needs a favor, but nobody wants to help me out when I need them! I had an open house on Saturday, invited 53 people, 5 showed up! Only 2 bought!~yikes. Thanks for letting me vent....anybody want some soup and beer bread????? LOL. Shelly

BigLyd1
05-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I'll take some soup and beer bread, but you're a little distance from me. Well, I wish you luck. I don't know what the business is but is it something you could do online?

VALENA-)45
05-11-2004, 10:56 AM
I am so sorry people are doing that to you. They need to come and see for themselves, what you have to offer. They don't know if it is something they might be able to do or not. That is so unfair. And you brother needs to let his wife decide for herself, sometimes. Being that he is your brother, you would think he would want to try and help his sister. Keep trying, and somebody will help you with it. Good Luck.

lpelham
05-11-2004, 11:12 AM
That is unfair - but just remember that next time THEY want YOU to come to something :-) I held a "fun" party once and two people showed up - my (now ex-) boyfriend's mother (we had it at her house) and her next door neighbor!

Is it something you can advertise by flyer at ATMs or at fairs or other things like that? Maybe it is something you don't necessarily need your "friends" for, you know?

Libby

tsquared
05-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Just keep after it and things will come around.......whatever you do dont get discouraged by all this and throw in the towel before you have given it time. One day they may need a favor from you and it wont be there.........but as all good people do.....they will help out anyway

janelle
05-11-2004, 02:01 PM
Sorry those friends and family are so stupid. :mad: Maybe you could have invited them as a see if my product is good and what you think about it party.

I know there is tons of home parties now a days. Jewelry, Avon, baskets, decor. You name it and they are having it but family should be supportive.

I have a friend who makes Jalepeno jellies and sells them at the extension center near her home. Every Saturday people set up booths and sell their products. I think with the kind of family and friends you have dear this will be the way to go. Sorry. :(

SCRAPPIN'
05-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks for all your support, my sister in law did show up this afternoon, and did place a $100 order!!! WooHOo! She loved it. I'm almost to my goal, by the way, it's a scrapbooking business....that's all I can say, but........thanks again!

DOOFIS
05-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Scrapbooking business???? Can you sell online? I am soooooooooo addicted to buying scrapbooking stuff. If you can email me
doofis@cox.net

DOOFIS
05-11-2004, 06:19 PM
found it!