PDA

View Full Version : Does this make any sense to anyone??

schsa
05-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Wandering Child Leads To Investigation
Boy's Mother Reportedly At Work

POSTED: 11:37 am EDT May 10, 2004
UPDATED: 1:10 pm EDT May 10, 2004

The mother of a 4-year-old boy is being investigated after he was reportedly found wandering an Ann Arbor neighborhood Sunday.

A neighbor found the boy wandering in the 2700 block of Adrienne Drive, according to a report in The Ann Arbor News. The child reportedly got out of his family's apartment due to a rear sliding door that had been left unsecured.

Police called the boy's mother at work and she came home, according to the report. The mother said she often leaves the child unattended while she works.

The Family Independence Agency is investigating the case.

To leave a 4 year old at home on their own for any period of time? What was she thinking??

freeby4me
05-10-2004, 11:17 AM
:( Its a miracle the boy was found alive. I know for a fact that Michigan's FIA will pay for low income people to have childcare so there is NO excuse for this at all.

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
I noticed on the news something about women who are having to leave young kids alone in order to work. So sad. I thank God I had my mom nearby to keep my 2 kids while I worked and went to school.

Quaker_Parrots
05-10-2004, 11:46 AM
And as far as I know, MI doesn't have a specific law as to how old a child has to be before it can be left home alone for any length of time,(so she might get away with it). Sad that she cares so little for her child. What if there had been a fire?

freeby4me
05-10-2004, 11:48 AM
In Michigan you have to be 12 years of age to be left alone, Or to babysit anyone younger. Trust me, There is absolutely no excuse as to why this child was alone.

texasgander
05-10-2004, 11:53 AM
OMGosh!

I think pretty much everywhere it's 12 years old.........

DivineMsDi
05-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Question #1--where is the dad? Is there a dad? Just curious.

Question#2--What sane person leaves a 4 year old at home, alone?

I am glad I stay home with my son. I may own precious little, but I know where he is 24/7.

freeby4me
05-10-2004, 12:00 PM
"Dad" is probably out making more babies not caring for the 8 he already has and "Mom" probably isnt thinking about anything much but herself :( Its sooo sad, It really is.

MsLynn
05-10-2004, 08:13 PM
that just breaks my heart, my youngest will be 4 in july and yesterday i fell asleep while he was sleeping and i woke up to him crying cause when he woke up from his nap he didn't see me on my bed , he just looked in the living room, he thought he was alone. BROKE MY HEART. i can't imagine him being home alone for 8 hrs or more.

pae1968
05-10-2004, 09:19 PM
That is just insane, I've been home and dozed off while my kids were playing, and woke up to a fire in front of my face, when my 3 yr old wanted his easter basket opened. I learned my lesson and thank the lord he wasn't injured, and my lighters went up high where he couldn't reach it. I would never leave my children unattended, my oldest two are 12 and 15, and even when I leave my younger ones with them, I am constantly checking up on them, since we live near the RR tracks, I do have a fence around my yard, but even my 1 1/2 yr old even knows how to open that, I have to use a bungy cord to stop him from opening the gate, and now he's been trying to climb up over the fence. You just can't leave a child alone. I hope she really gets what she deserves.