PDA

View Full Version : I was haveing a good morning untill the school called me

LadyBones
05-10-2004, 09:32 AM
Why do children do dumb things? Apparently my middle son was part of a group of kids that broke into a shed and stole stuff a week ago here in the trailer park!
The school called me and told me that the sherriff was there and asked if i wanted to come down to talk or let them handle it, well since i have'nt heard anything about a shed being broken into i went in to the school.
My son was the oldest out of all of them, then came a third grader, and 2 fifth graders (my son is a 7th grader) My son's friend had stolen Rollerblades from that shed (yes my son was there) last week he told me they were his friends and that they were to big for his friend and they traded.
I am so furious right now, i don't know if he will end up in Juvinal hall or just get probation.
He's really a good kid, but he is a follower and that led him into trouble, he did'nt think.
his dad is ready to come home from the road and "you know what to him"
I thought i taught my boys better then that, my oldest never would dream on doing that. I am so ready to quit being a mom because i feel useless now, i tried so hard to bring up good kids and i just got kicked in the @$$ :(

Quaker_Parrots
05-10-2004, 09:48 AM
{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}} Just remember, you can guide your child on how to behave, but the ultimate decision on how he actually does behave, is entirely up to him. Don't be so hard on yourself.

DivineMsDi
05-10-2004, 09:50 AM
No advice...just hugs...hope it works out and maybe your kid has learned his lesson on picking his friends more carefully....

schsa
05-10-2004, 09:52 AM
The sheriff will probably scare the pants off of him and then the kids will have to pay up or do something to pay back for what was taken. Time for a little community service.

It's not a reflection on you. He's just at that age, not a kid but not a adult. He did something really stupid and now he is going to have to learn that there are consequences for bad behaviors as well as good.

Just let the police do what they do best. Your kid will have learned a very valuable lesson before the day is over.

Army-Mom
05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to offer you some hugs, no matter how we try to instill good values into our children sometimes they do some really dum things but all we can do is love them and hope that next time they will think before they act..
good luck,
hugs and prayers,
Marcia

suziebee20
05-10-2004, 02:13 PM
I thought i taught my boys better then that, my oldest never would dream on doing that. I am so ready to quit being a mom because i feel useless now, i tried so hard to bring up good kids and i just got kicked in the @$$ :(

Don't feel bad- you are in no way useless. You did a great job bringing him up, but at his age, sometimes it's hard to go against what his friends do. It was wrong of him to follow through with trading the rollerblades, but he probably didn't want to seem like a chicken to do it, even though he knew it was wrong- especially since he was the oldest one there. I'm sorry that happened and he got caught up in the situation.

1tiredmom
05-10-2004, 03:06 PM
don't feel bad for him but also don't bail him out-let him face the mausic & above all make the punishment relaters to the crime ---he got himself into this-give him empathy-i don't know if what i'm doing is proper on this site but-check out www.loveandlogic.com and just go thru the site-if i had found this site,books, and tapes i think my oldest son's teen life i would not have been so frustrated at times -tried different things they suggested on my 17 yr old and yes we still fuss and i may screw up but-no more detentions when i started charging her $2.00 when i had to go get her-when she came to me and would say outlandish things (that i wanted to scream & go waco) i counted & just said "thanks for sharing that with me or glad to know that's how you feel--just some of the things it's an interesting site and there do have some papers that you can print out --give it a try

Tasha405
05-10-2004, 03:51 PM
{{{{Hugs}}}}

queenangie
05-10-2004, 04:04 PM
((((Hugs))))

You're a good mother!

twinkiesmom
05-10-2004, 04:56 PM
Yep, this is his screw up. If there are reparations, let him be the one to carry it out. Don't be bailing him out. This is his bed. Let him make it. Not your fault hon. This is his, and hopefully he learns a valuable lesson when it's all done.

AngelGrim
05-10-2004, 05:56 PM
HUGS!!!! You can only teach your kids what you know and they have to decide on their own how they will use what they learned, ignore it or embrace it. Don't down yourself for what HE did. You didn't do it, so don't feel guilt or down for it. He is the one that needs to do that. HUGS!!!!

tsquared
05-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Hey there even the best kids get into trouble once in a while and has nothing to do with you other than you teaching them the right from wrong. You cant be with them 24 hours a day but you can instill what is right from wrong in their heads. When it comes that time to decide for themselves what is right and what is wrong you hope they have listened to you. Sometimes as in this case they are guilty by association. He just needs to learn to pick his friends wisely and leave if he is finding that things are not right for him. He will learn and you are doing fine as a parent.

YankeeMary
05-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Hun if thats the worse thing your son ever does then you are lucky...this too shall pass, as long as you let him know that you are very disappointed and certainly do not approve of this behavior nor will you tolerate it then I think things will be fine for you...I can see where you feel like you have failed, but truly you haven't failed, his friends just won thats all...I hope the police does scare him and he can see the importance of never doing anything like this again...I will say a little prayer for you...just by posting this shows us that you are a good momma that has done a good job with her son...Good Luck to you and yours.

dwayshan
05-13-2004, 01:04 AM
You may have taught him better, but children have their own minds and they have to learn from their mistakes. I have a 13 year old daughter who was reently charged with two counts of agg. assult on teachers and I hope that she keeps on actin up, so that I can have her put in Juvenile since she thinks no one an beat her up. I have taught her better, so I'm not blamin' myself for her actions.