PDA

View Full Version : I am taking a stand

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 09:28 AM
I know it has been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to let you know, I am fine...for those who care. I also wanted everyone to know, I am taking a stand and contacting all local and national news stations and papers in regards to my 33 year old ex husband, who has been in the National Guard on and off since 1990, and fought to get into the US Army. This is the same guy who left his base in Fort Stewart, GA with the claim that he was depressed. The same guy who said he was going into the Army to get our 11 year old braces, which, by the way, he never even attempted to get dental insurance on the 2 children we have. The same guy who was so freakin' "depressed" because he had not seen his kids in a month, that the first place he goes is his mother's house and not to see his kids. The same guy who has been telling me since December, that he was going back to GA in January. The same guy who is more than $500 in the hole with child support.

Sorry, didn't mean to go on. You get the picture.

mustanggir
05-10-2004, 09:35 AM
now my only question is

What took you so long?????

lassss
05-10-2004, 09:38 AM
you go for it girl and get him....I was so tired of hearing my ex always saying he is making payments on *MY* credit card loan (for the past 7 years) that he AGREED to pay in the divorce agreement..I finally took his ass to court and won the whole amount AND lawyer fees as well.....go do what ya gotta do and take care of you and your children. :)

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 09:47 AM
I guess I just wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. But no more. I hope I embarass him beyond belief. Of course, he is probably not going to care.

schsa
05-10-2004, 09:54 AM
If he's still in the military, contact his commanding officer as well. Glad you decided to kick some tush to get what you need. He's played all of his cards and now it's time to pay up.

Army-Mom
05-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Bless your heart..just wanted to send you some hugs.
Marcia

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Schsa,

I have been in contact with some of the people in GA and they really don't seem to be concerned. I wouldn't be so peeved if he would go back and get out so he can get a job and take care of his responsibilities, but alas, he has gotten away with not taking care of his responsibilities for so long. It is depressing. It is sad that my husband has to take care of my children (from my ex) and not get the respect he deserves. It is sad that a 33 year old guy can not own up to his responsibilities. It is sad a 33 year old guy does not have a home of his own (rent or own) and goes back and forth between his mother's home and his second ex-wife's home. It is sad that a 33 year old tells a 13 year old and an 11 year old that he misses them so much yet doesn't call them for 4 weeks straight.

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 10:28 AM
I just called GA to check on the ex's status and he is now a DESERTER!!! I gave him 2 addresses where my ex has been know to stay. I feel I have done my part for this great country. How DARE someone sign up for the ultimate sacrifice and then run tail and hide. I work with the military (not in the military) and I would hate to see any of our men/women not do what they signed up for.

Raven, give Nicole my best. I hope she and your new SIL have many happy years. You need to e-mail me sometime.

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Gotcha.

tiffany21
05-10-2004, 11:59 AM
get him my friend

Lori63
05-10-2004, 12:49 PM
Good Luck to you

guesswho!
05-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Good for you! I say call local tv stations & tell 'em your story...they might put it on the news, ya never know! Take out an ad in local newpaper,too asking him to return to his military duties & whatever else he owes you & your kids...might need to check with military about this 1st!

Go get him!

MommyG3
05-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Guesswho, I e-mailed my local tv stations, local newspapers, and national tv shows...Dateline and 48 Hours. I will be e-mailing all of them again next week if I don't hear from them by then. I will hound and hound.

Of course, now that he is a Deserter and will be returning to GA, I don't know how much good it will do.