PDA

View Full Version : My Dad

Tasha405
05-08-2004, 12:17 PM
Grrrrrr he is really getting to me! Ok, first off all... we don't really have a great relationship, never have and probably never will. :( Its a long story but you just have to know him to know what I mean.

I don't talk to him on the phone because all we do is argue and I have only seen him 1 time in about 2 & 1/2 years and thats because I ran into him while I was in WV visiting my brother. I just can't make myself talk to him or go visit him. Our past is really bad, but anyway, I told my sister to give him my e-mail address since he got a computer and maybe we can talk that way. Well maybe not! LOL He is driving me nuts. I guess he thinks I should automatically know when he sends me an e-mail and should write him back right then. Umm, I don't stay online 24/7. lol He will send 1 e-mail and if I don't write him back within 10 minutes or so he sends another asking why I never wrote him back and why I'm treating him that way. :mad: :confused: His e-mails all usually say the same thing and I honestly can't think of anything to talk to him about.

But the thing thats really getting to me today is.... he sent an e-mail that had 19 lines ok?.... but he said my name 9 times! He says it at the beginning of every sentence! That is so annoying! Plus he doesn't call me Tasha like everyone else, he calls me Natasha. Ugh, it just gets on my nerves.

No need to reply, I just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

DivineMsDi
05-08-2004, 02:33 PM
Sounds like he needs attention or is trying to see what you will put up with? Maybe he is regretting the past and trying hard to establish a relationship with you.
Then again, he may just be a pain in the butt.

Tasha405
05-08-2004, 07:34 PM
Thanks. I hate to gripe about him because he is my dad and I love him because of that but he just gets to me sometimes.

VALENA-)45
05-08-2004, 09:33 PM
He Has Your Name At The Begining Of Each Sentance, Because He Wants You To Pay Attention To What He Is Saying. Just The Same Way As If You Were On The Telephone, Talking To Him.

YankeeMary
05-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Way off subject here but where in Ohio and where in WV??? I ask because I am from Belpre, Ohio and my family is in Parkersburg, WV....I wish you luck and patience with your dad.

ahippiechic
05-08-2004, 09:50 PM
http://members.cox.net/conniefly/images/huggie.gif

schsa
05-09-2004, 06:42 AM
Reply and tell him that you are not going to answer every e-mail immediatly because you don't spend all your time on the computer. And that some of his e-mails don't require responses.

And then tell him that your name is Tasha and if he refuses to call you by your name you will quit e-mailing altogether.

Be the adult and not the child.

llbriteyes
05-09-2004, 07:17 AM
But the thing thats really getting to me today is.... he sent an e-mail that had 19 lines ok?.... but he said my name 9 times! He says it at the beginning of every sentence! That is so annoying! Plus he doesn't call me Tasha like everyone else, he calls me Natasha. Ugh, it just gets on my nerves.

No need to reply, I just needed to vent. :rolleyes:

My dad can't type very fast, so when we're talking on messenger, he speaks in smilies. lol

Linda