PDA

View Full Version : ? on the pore face sucking thingies

suzziq03
05-07-2004, 08:24 PM
I saw one of those pore cleaner facial sucker thingies that gets rid of blackheads and oil build up at the store today, has anyone used one of these? do they work? I really need something that will work, im tired of using beiore strips because they dont work on me, ( ponds either ) and they get so expensive and dont do the intire face...
I dont know if I should spend money on one of these.. plmk, I DESPERATELY need something!

thedragonlady
05-07-2004, 09:40 PM
I've bought three different kinds and none of them worked for me. I hope you have better luck.

Airbuswife
05-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I saw one of those pore cleaner facial sucker thingies that gets rid of blackheads and oil build up at the store today, has anyone used one of these? do they work? I really need something that will work, im tired of using beiore strips because they dont work on me, ( ponds either ) and they get so expensive and dont do the intire face...
I dont know if I should spend money on one of these.. plmk, I DESPERATELY need something!

this may sound a bit weird, but i use duct tape. :D I place a small strip accross my nose, press hard, give it a sec to get all the gunk, and rip it off!!
works great for me!! and a whole roll of dt is about a buck fifity! compared to about $8 for a box of a few strips. :D

Just thought i'd give my honest input! :)

cpbaby
05-08-2004, 05:22 AM
Well, Dut tape will fix EVERYTHING.

I bought one of the Igia Pore Cleansers for my son, paid $20 for it. NOTHING HAPPENED! It said your face would get worse before it got better, his face didnt even get worse. I know he was using it cause I watched him.

queenangie
05-08-2004, 06:33 AM
My teens have one. Don't know the brand name, but it was $$$.
It stays plugged in and charges.

If they keep it on too long, it will look like a hickey mark.

Works for them both.

ntgsmommy
05-08-2004, 06:41 AM
I read somewhere that you can use the unflavored gelatin and milk, and use it as a facial mask, and people have great results!! You mix it up in the microwave..

Linus1223
05-08-2004, 09:37 AM
You could try going to get a deep pore facial where they do blackhead "extractions."

I always thought that was a funyn word to use....

MsLynn
05-08-2004, 02:11 PM
I use MINT JULIP FACIAL MASK, the only place i can find it is Sally's beauty supply or Walgreens, it is the best stuff, you put i on, let it dry and it disolves in water i've been using it for over 20 years, OMG it is great, and it does practically rinse blackheads away.

Rachwes
05-08-2004, 03:53 PM
I use MINT JULIP FACIAL MASK, the only place i can find it is Sally's beauty supply or Walgreens, it is the best stuff, you put i on, let it dry and it disolves in water i've been using it for over 20 years, OMG it is great, and it does practically rinse blackheads away.

I use the Mint Julip mask too. I love that stuff! I can usually find it at WalMart.

suziebee20
05-08-2004, 04:53 PM
I popped in here because I was curious to see what others thought because I have a blackhead problem. I love biore strips and they have always worked for me, but only my nose. I'm going to see if I can find some Mint Julep masque today. I looked at drugstore.com and it got a lot of 5 start reviews so I'm going to give it a go. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Starr_79
05-08-2004, 05:17 PM
I bought one of those, and it really wasn't worth it. It doesn't seem to do much of anything, and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to get suction on your nose (where i needed it). I like the mint juliep mask too, it's like 3 dollars for a huge tube, and it works much better than the pore suckers. Sorry to dissapoint you, but at least you didn't have to waste your money on it! :o

KeliMom
05-08-2004, 05:37 PM
I have the IGIA one, and also bought one of those metal instruments that the dermatologists have, the blackhead remover thing..... neither one worked! And I don't have but a few blackheads in the creases of my nose. Guess I need to try the duct tape! :D

RedneckGirl
05-08-2004, 06:38 PM
I was just wondering if the Mint Julip Mask worked on acne also? Does it work on extra oliy skin? I am 29 years old and still fight acne like I did when I was 16!

suzziq03
05-08-2004, 11:22 PM
:eek: wow! really, ductape??!?? I would have never thought of that! :)

Ill have to try both methods, of course, i think ductape wouldnt work well on mine, im Oily type skin - VERY Oily.

Ty for letting me know, you all are the best and so knowledgeable in everything! :D