PDA

View Full Version : Bank lost our deposit!!

rlynn411
05-07-2004, 12:21 PM
Should of know a good day would go bad. I was checking online banking statement this afternoon. Shocked is putting it mildly when I noticed our entire deposit was not posted. Called customer service only to be told we don't show a deposit being made to this account yesterday. Well I believe I would know if we HAD put money in it I told the lady. She says do you have other accounts with us. Yes, a savings account I told her, she says then maybe it was just deposited in the wrong account. Don't know how stupid she thinks I am, cause that the was the the first thing I checked. She advises me that I might want to go into the branch and check on this....you think?

In the mean time I flipping out seeing how earlier this morning I paid several bills with the assumption of having money in the bank.

Into the branch I go withour deposit slip, they check and say hmmm....we're not showing a deposit..... thinking tell me something I don't already know and politely mentioned I was not leaving this counter till I see the $2000+ that should of been our deposit.

So they start checking teller receipts and somehow the several accounts she checked wasn't showing money being posted either. All I can think is going to be alot of people pretty dang surprised when their checks start bouncing.

In the end the she tells me we have a special account set up for this kind of thing.....couldn't help but wonder how common this kind of error is....teller mentions this has been happening alot lately and its really a pain to go back through accounts and do credits. I told here I'm sure its much more of a hassle for the customer when the non suffient fund letters start rolling in. I would flip if I had checks bouncing all over town.

So, the bank has given me a loan of sorts til they find my husbands paycheck deposit, then will remove the "provisional loan" amount. I'm begining to understand why people don't like banks

Sure hope everyone hangs on to their deposit slip cause I have to admit I don't pay much attention to ours and ususally just run them through the shredder as I run across them.

Unicornmom77
05-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Thank God you had the deposit slip!! WHEW!!!!

Hope that gets worked out real soon!

VALENA-)45
05-07-2004, 12:40 PM
I'm with you, where did the money go. who worked on the account??? and if they had this happened before, why didn't they keep check on the teller, that is making these mistakes??? don't the bank train their tellers and make sure they know how to do their job??? yes, i know this is a lot of questions. i would have went to the bank manager on this. good luck.

schsa
05-07-2004, 02:23 PM
This is the reason I don't deposit through any machine. I want to see that person and get that little slip back. I've had other people's money put into my account so I know it happens.

Glad you got it somewhat straightened out. Banks, can't live without them, can't kick them when they screw up.