PDA

View Full Version : Stay in the car!!!

buttrfli
05-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I never gripe about DH, but I sure want to smack him today!!!

He LOVES to shop... I can't stand it (unless its online), I want to go in the store go get what I am after and leave... he on the other hand... UGH!!!!

I was really limited on time today and had to go buy some lunchmeat at the store, so we stop and I tell him to wait in the car and I will be back in 2 minutes... RIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT he goes in w/ me and he absolutely HAS to walk up and down every friggin isle to see if there is something he needs.

We went to save a lot and there are only 5 isles... we were there for 45 minutes! :eek:

I'm gonna start making him stay at home! LOL

msmom79
05-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Wow I Understand You Were Limited On Time,but I Wish When I Was Married That Would Have Been My Hubbys Problem.ive Always Loved To Look In The Stores,but He Always Just Wanted In And Out Within Min.hope Your Day Got Better.your A Lucky Lady To Have A Hubby Who Likes To Look And Shop With You:)

amysusi
05-06-2004, 03:15 PM
I'm the shopper in my family, but one time DH had to pick up a perscription, and we waited in the car (pregnant me, Bug & Nowee). After 45 minutes (yes, 45), I dragged the kids in the store to see what was going on. There was an insurance problem. He ended up being there another 45 minutes. At least he could have run out to tell me and we wouldn't have been going nuts in that confined space!

MamaFairal
05-06-2004, 03:23 PM
GET IN~GET OUT..........i hear ya girl......i hate shopping also and will do it only when i have to.......trying to keep it to just groceries lately!

zitra
05-06-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL! I love shopping..If there is a deal I will find it (usually on clothes~for me, kids, & hubby)..Don't care who I am shopping for either. Fri. have to go shopping for a B-day present for my niece, and a Maother's Day present for my MIL..I will enjoy it.

queenangie
05-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Oh, honey! My DH never shops. Period.
He hates it.
My 2 teen boys love to shop so far.

Wish my DH would shop!

justme23
05-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Are you my long lost sister? I detest shopping... I want to get what I am there to get and leave... my husband, on the other hand, must walk every aisle of every store we enter... I try to have patience... but my god, you can only look at the same stuff at wal-mart or best buy so many times before it's just annoying! MEN!

gonnascream
05-06-2004, 04:29 PM
My poor ol DH put up with me will I was shoe shopping and throwing my own personal hissy fit. All I can say is, it must be love, cause satan would have just stayed in the car LOL

schsa
05-07-2004, 06:55 AM
I hit the grocery store once every two weeks for a major shopping. Beyond that I might need a loaf of bread but that's about it. I am not a good shopper. I have my list and I pretty much stick to it. I have such limited time on the weekend that grocery shopping isn't what I want to be doing but it's a necessary evil.

Everything else can come off the internet.

Unless I am on vacation. And then I don't have to rush or run around like time is going to run out on me.

Army-Mom
05-07-2004, 07:50 AM
I love to shop, but hubby hates it...

VALENA-)45
05-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I love to go shopping, espascially food shopping, i will go into the grocery store and food shop for 2-3 hours, and make sure i have every thing i need, to last a month, i do this shopping twice a month. for clothes and shoes and everything else, i make sure it is all on sale, before i buy it, or it will stay in the store until it goes on sale. i do the same thing with food i has to be on sale. my Mother, taught me to bargain shop. and i put it to very good use. my BIL's have told their wives they need to go food shopping with me, cause i save alot of money on food and other needs.

Angel Lips
05-07-2004, 02:27 PM
OHHH I LOVE TO SHOP AND NOW I GOT MY BF IN THE MOOD TO SHOP ALL THE TIME TOO....

1tiredmom
05-07-2004, 02:34 PM
i usually go grocery shopping & stay 2-3 hrs just going up & down the aisles especially when they are tripling coupons & when i need to get out the house just to be alone-but i also like bringing dh with me cause he will put things in the basket that i will hesitate to get because of the price-also he loves to go shopping & heaven help us if he says lowes or home depot; me & dd will hide-that's where he can spend an entire afternoon at-the way he looks & touches the wood-i've already told him wish he would touch me sometimes the way he touches that wood!lol

buttrfli
05-07-2004, 02:35 PM
The ONLY time I enjoy shopping is when I am sifting through thrift stores, but I have to be in a certain mood to do that. I can get a months worth of groceries in 20 min or less. If DH goes, its an all day event because we go to two different stores. Same goes for our target trips for shampoo n stuff... get in, get what you need, get out! I can't stand to walk around and jsut look at stuff. Most of the time we can't afford extras anyhow, so why bother?? LOL But DH is a bargain hunter, so while I go for what we need, thats the time he hits the sales isles, then I call him on his cell when I get in line and tell him I am ready so he better hurry LOL