PDA

View Full Version : Stinky

amysusi
05-05-2004, 08:13 AM
Last night, I watched a friend's kids at their apartment. Kids were all in bed - best way to do it! :D

Anyway, their apartment complex has swamp coolers, and maintenance has not turned them on yet. The 3rd guy in 6 months just quit last week. It's quite warm for this early in the year (it was 88 yesterday). It wasn't that hot last night, but to the point of opening windows. Thier downstairs neighbors smoke like chimneys. And it floats up into my friends balcony door, and stinks. I had to close it because I was getting nauseous. Then the apartment heats up. Even with the big noisy fan. I think it's just rude. Smoke if you want, but if it's too hot in your apartment and you have to do it on the patio, have some respect. If your apartment is hot, so is everyone else's! Everyone has their windows and doors open.

Sometimes they smoke some nasty stuff. We've smelled marijuana before while at my friends apartment. Even with all doors and windows closed, it infiltrates.

P.U.!!

princessNC
05-05-2004, 08:57 AM
i have to say that i did the apartment living thing, and this is way i purchased my own home. i however am a smoker but i always smoked inside the apartment just to be nice to others. but some people arnt that way. there really isnt anything you can do about it. they pay there rent as well. the only thing i can tell you is to have your friends talk to there office and see what the hold up is about getting the a/c fixed! that to me would tick me off more than people smoking. but that is just me. now that i own my own home i smoke outside. i never releaized what smoking does to the inside of a house unitl i moved out of my apartment and into my home. good thing about owning your own home you can smoke outside and people arent right next to you. as long as you live in an apartment complex you are going to have to deal with this sorta thing. it stinks! I now! but you have to understand that there are all sorts of people. maybe they dont realize that they were bothering you with there smoking.. have you tried to knock on there door and let them now..they must smoke like chimeys if it is so bad that they are filling your friends apartment. usually when you blow smoke out ( especailly outside) it disipates very rapidly! maybe next time you can watch the kids at your house.. good luck with this one!

MamaFairal
05-05-2004, 10:02 PM
Not knocking on smokers here ok

I also am a NON-smoker(never ever smoked) and i live in a unit with 4 apts..everyone of the other units has smokers.....fine do it where ever ya want but please at least open a window in YOUR unit if we all share a community hallway and stairs :(
I opened the hallway window and they b*tched because when it rains the floor gets wet...whhhaaa!
Especially Sabrina's(the abused neighbor)house man after they all(their friends) come walkin out after party'ing in there....wheew eww!
I also stuck one of the press and fresh in the hallway and when it gets real bad they all know cuz i am out there with a spray can......lol :D

Be considerate ok !

justinenycole26
05-05-2004, 10:35 PM
Now it is not OK for people to smoke in their own home or on their balcony?
Why not just ban cigarettes altogether??? Oh wait, then the state governements would not be able to get fat on cigarette tax.

justme23
05-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Oh give me a break? Respect? They WERE having respect... for themselves... by smoking outside... not all smokers smoke in their houses... yall don't want us smoking inside and now you don't want us doing it outside... I'm sorry, but this is just way over the line.

buttrfli
05-06-2004, 07:42 AM
A tad OT here.... whats a swamp cooler???? :confused: lol

amysusi
05-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Respect? yeah I guess they had it - for their own stuff. They don't want their apartment smelling, so they do it on the patio and it floats UP. Up to my friends apartment. Their balcony door was open because they have no air. The swamp coolers are supposed to be turned on today, but then they were *supposed* to be turned on yesterday too. She's been having headaches lately- caused by a mixture of smoke and heat. I got one while I was there, and nauseous too. When I saud they smoke like chimneys, that was an understatement. They smoke anything they can get their hands on, usually cigarettes, sometimes cigars, sometimes who knows what. I have never gone by that apartment and not seen them smoking. (And I go by at least 2 times a day, usually more. It's on the way to DS's bus stop). They should've gotten a top floor apartment.

MamaFairal
05-06-2004, 08:05 AM
NO i am not against ya'all smoking.......here have one........I watched my Mother die of emphyzema and shrivel down to 58lbs(yes the size of a small child) whens she finally died...and that was after being in a care facility for three yrs after losing her left leg from the knee down and not being able to breath without oxygen......sure go ahead smoke another one!
Dont get me going on what smoking is doing to YA"ALL!

I am just saying i dont see how people can sit "inside"their apts and smoke,smoke,smoke and not have all that smoke bother them to where they have to open a window...Come on it DOES smell and it lingers and when ya'll open your door finally it all comes into the community hallway......Thats what i was saying.
Enjoy your smoke ok :)

sivohdarba
05-07-2004, 05:50 AM
::::::bites tongue, restrains fingers and backs slowly out of the tread:::::::::

DivineMsDi
05-07-2004, 06:39 AM
You all know MY opinion of smoking.

But, you know, I have to say something about people who smoke in their own home...

They should have rights, too. They pay rent, they should be allowed to do whatever they want (legally).

Yes, cigarettes stink...Believe me, I hate smoking. But you can't regulate someone's home habits, even if they bother you.

If it bothers your friends, they can move. If the people aren't breaking any laws or violating the lease, they aren't doing anything wrong if they want to kill themselves with smoke.

My parents own this house and our neighbor smokes all day long as he cleans out his pigeon coops (don't get me started on THAT one). But we can't do a darn thing about it. The guy is in his yard and can do what he wants with his body.

Hey, I actually stood up for the rights of smokers...wow!