PDA

View Full Version : Remember the pepsi...lays rebate deal?

Urban Cowgirl
05-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Well I was wondering if any of you have had any problems cashing your $10 rebate check??? The moron at my bank would not take it tonight. She said that I had to cash it at the store where I bought the items....I was sooo pi$$ed. I told her its a regular check and all she had to offer was " I know but we are not taking them". This was after I had waited like 25 minutes in the drive thru behind one person. then we pull up and send our transaction in, no one ever greeted us or anything and after the lane next to us had two cars leave, she sends out my transaction and just says she changed my deposit amount and is sending the $10 check back!!! No good reason or anything. No apology for my wait time, no thanks come again,nothing. In my mind that was pi$$ poor customer service so I asked for her name. Tomorrow I will go out of my way to speak with her supervisor, but first i will be calling the bank that this check is drawn off of to see if there is a problem on that end. The thing that really boils my blood is this is the bank that we only have savings and cds and have had the account for over 2 years, we have never made any withdrawals from those accounts, deposits only. We have never deposited a check that was returned or anything. Our accounts are in perfect standing with more than enough for recourse and they are giving me a problem over ten bucks?? :rolleyes:

I may just take my money elsewhere. I worked at a very well known bank for quite a while and know the ins and outs of the buisness. So when I go talk to the boss tomorrow I am going to ask what about the check makes it non-negotiable just to see what kind of line of crap they try to feed me. :mad:

If anyone else has had any problems with this rebate check would you please post your experience here?? ;)

TIA

ahippiechic
05-04-2004, 07:51 PM
I just deposited mine into my account. I didn't have any trouble wit it.

silvermist
05-04-2004, 08:48 PM
no problem here either. good luck!

MsLynn
05-04-2004, 09:01 PM
Keep Us Updated

Shann
05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
That's total bs.. can I ask what bank it was? I found out today that apparantly i can't sign over a check here and have my friend deposit it for me unless i'm there to show my id.. WTF?!?! I've NEVER had a prob with anything like that.

Urban Cowgirl
05-05-2004, 05:13 AM
Well its airforce fcu. I know lots of banks are getting a lot more strict about 3rd party checks, the losses they take on them are huge. Of course it stinks if you have been doing it forever but now you cannot just because of a policy change.

The more I have thought about how I was treated and the reason I was given the more my blood boils. Heads are gonna roll today!!!

Countrymom
05-05-2004, 05:34 AM
Mine stated on it that you had to use it at the retail store that you had purchased your Lays...Pepsi at. So I just took mine to Target and bought more Lays and Pepsi with it.

Urban Cowgirl
05-05-2004, 06:28 AM
I am looking at mine right now. And it looks just like a regular check. There is a note on it that states. Thanks you for buying pepsi and lays products at lackland commisary. It says nothing about where I can cash it. I am getting ready to call my bank to see when a super will be there.

catdance
05-05-2004, 10:54 AM
I just deposited mine, so dunno...good luck!

PATTH39
05-05-2004, 12:04 PM
I deposted mine on 4/7 and it went through fine.

Shann
05-05-2004, 02:37 PM
Keep us updated! I still think it's bs that they won't take it and they can't tell you why.

KarlaJorge
05-05-2004, 05:10 PM
All I can say is stupid PEPSI/LAYS Offer. I didn't have any problem with mine at the bank. But before I got it I was worried because I had seen people posting that it was only good for future purchases of same products at the same store.

But when I got it, it didn't specify that, just said thanks for buying the products at the store. But guess what!! they didn't even put the right store name :eek: I bought them at VONS and the check said RALPH'S :rolleyes:

Stupid to me.......

Shann
05-05-2004, 05:46 PM
But guess what!! they didn't even put the right store name :eek: I bought them at VONS and the check said RALPH'S :rolleyes:

Stupid to me.......

I believe that Von's and Ralph's are connected. I have a gc that says for safeway but it can be used at 5 or so different stores.

Urban Cowgirl
05-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Update:
I went back to the bank and asked a teller who the manager was and said I would like to speak with her. They told me she was not in (surprise) :rolleyes: , so i asked to speak to the next in charge...it was the freaking lady that waited on me the night before. The gave me a fax, it was a photo copy of a check that looked just like mine....however the photocopy was very dark, I could tell it was worded different than mine but I could not make it all out. So I kept the copy of the fax and went in the office to talk to the lady. I told her I wanted a better explanation of why they would not take my check. She hands me a copy of the same fax( which only says do not accept these checks), I said I had already seen this and it still does not explain why. She says she really doen not understand either but this came from her boss. I asked why she did not call her boss and ask for a better explanation so she did not look so ignorant in front of customers. She got realy huffy with me and said, " Ma'am we just got this fax last night after upper management had already left for the day. So I pulled the copy her teller had given to me out of my purse and said, " really ?? This fax is dated for March 18!!! Have you been on an extended vacation?" She starts all stuttering and doesn't know what to say since i caught her in a lie. I suggest for her to get on the phone and get me a satisfactory reason or I will withdraw all my money and close my accounts. So she has to call about 6 people and fax a copy of my check to 2 people......using about 30 minutes of my time only to tell me " Oh gee we can take it after all".

I was so mad at what they put me through. I told her they needed to work on their customer service and she needed to take the initiative next time she does not understand something to get it clarified before she pi$$ed off a customer.....especially since she had over a month to figure this out. It turned out the original fax was of a pepsi rebate but in the form of a store voucher and it could only be used toward the purchase of more pepsi product.

What really boggles my mind is this lady is in a lower management position dealing with peoples money and she is this ignorant?? Sorry this was so long (this is actually a shortened version). This whole experience has me thinking I am going to find a new bank!!!

exferryguy
05-13-2004, 08:41 AM
way to go. banks need your money more than you need them. so you're doing the right thing. if everyone did this they surely would wake up.