PDA

View Full Version : Today is National Teacher's Day

Jolie Rouge
05-04-2004, 12:49 PM
{{{ TEACHERS }}}

========

After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching prospect said:

"Let me see if I've got this right. You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning.
And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.

You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem.

You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play, how and where to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.

I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for their elders and future employers.

And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, and a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!

You want me to do all of this, and you expect me NOT TO PRAY?"

~Teacher Unknown~

captorquewrench
05-04-2004, 01:56 PM
i like it!

cass2277
05-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I Love It!!!!!!!!!! I Think Ill Print It And Send It To My Grandkids Teacher!! Lololol